Carnival Magic Aft Extended View 8468 Or Cloud 9 Spa balcony 12042?

TakemeOnACruise

• 1 month later...

DH and I were recently in cabin 8468 on the Breeze.  From what I understand, the Magic and Breeze are almost identical.  Maybe someone can chime in on that.  8468 is a nice cabin, BUT we found that we hardly ever used the balcony except to go out and stand when arriving or departing a port. Because it is an "aft" cabin, soot was a big problem.  Out room steward sprayed it down everyday, so it was always either wet, or deck, chairs, and balcony rail covered with soot.  Originally there were only 2 chairs out there and I asked our steward for a lounger thinking I would be doing lots of "lounging"!  That didn't happen.  We did enjoy watching the wake and having such incredible views.  We had trouble sleeping for the first 3 nights because we kept feeling a jerk.  The seas weren't that rough, but this clunky jerk happened all night long!  The 4th night we didn't notice it anymore and never did figure out what it was.  Our neighbors also noticed it.  I'm afraid of ever getting an aft cabin again because of that.  Also, I'm a light sleeper and even with a sound machine on I heard the toilet woosh every time our neighbors on either side flushed their toilet.  You expect there will be a bathroom on the other side of your bathroom, but we also had to hear the toilet on the other side of our cabin too due to that cabin's layout.  Being an aft cabin, we did lots of walking but that's always a good excuse to eat more!  There was never much "traffic" back there which was nice.  The balcony is definitely bigger than regular balcony's.  Looking at the deck plans you can't really see that, but it really is a nice size.  Good luck in your decision.  We are thinking about a Magic cruise next.  We're wondering about a Spa balcony cabin, so I'm anxious to hear comments about those.