Barcelona Day Tours - New Thread

Host Bonjour

On 6/25/2019 at 9:14 AM, Mrs f. said:

So glad you liked the tour. Looks like the same one I have booked for November. Montserrat and Cava.

We will also be in Barcelona in November, 2019, for a cruise on the Viking Jupiter,

and are focused on a Montserrat tour.

Does anyone know of a web-site, where we may see the docking times and terminals for each ship?

I understand that local tour companies are not allowed access to the Port, only Taxis.

Viking reps say they do not know where the Jupiter will be docked.(?)

This just seems odd to me, since most ships have assigned docking space many months in advance.

Is this something that is peculiar to Barcelona, like last minute parking?🙂

Edited by $hip$hape

9 hours ago, $hip$hape said:

We will also be in Barcelona in November, 2019, for a cruise on the Viking Jupiter,

Does anyone know of a web-site, where we may see the docking times and terminals for each ship?

I understand that local tour companies are not allowed access to the Port, only Taxis.

This just seems odd to me, since most ships have assigned docking space many months in advance.

I haven't  been to Barcelona before and am not certain where the ships berth. I would think our final cruise info booklet/papers that are sent will tell us which pier.  I would try also asking on your roll call.  We shall be at a hotel for a few days before our Oceania cruise.  Maybe email the people at Spain Day Tours and ask them?. I booked their montserrat/cava tour.

8 hours ago, Mrs f. said:

I haven't  been to Barcelona before and am not certain where the ships berth.

I would think our final cruise info booklet/papers that are sent will tell us which pier.  I would try also asking on your roll call.  We shall be at a hotel for a few days before our Oceania cruise. 

Maybe email the people at Spain Day Tours and ask them?.

I booked their montserrat/cava tour.

To respond, 

We have been to Barcelona a few times. The Cruise Port is very large.

It's a wonderful city, with many specific destinations. This time we are focused on Montserrat.

I understand. Taxi drivers have no problem finding the ship(s) since they are professionals, and the ships are large.😉

Our Cruise Critic roll- call for the Southern Atlantic Crossing is small... not much activity.

We will be based on the Viking Jupiter, since it's staying in port overnight.

Again, I just find it strange that Viking does not know their assigned berth, and thought there was a web-site that showed where all the ships would be docked..

Edited by $hip$hape

On 6/7/2019 at 12:12 PM, mapleleaves said:

Was this thread  (and 2 similar ones on the Italy forum)  created as a place to post solicited reviews from vendors?

You know what I mean .... when you get home from a vacation and a vendor sends you an email with a link to tripadvisor, cruisecritic, yelp, or whatever, asking you to post a review .

I enjoy reading the reviews, but just wondered if that was the intent of these threads.

I am wondering why the only recommendations I see are for Barcelona Day Tours and/or Spain Day Tours.  There are certainly other recommended tour companies out there.  Any other recommendations?  I am looking for other tour guides/operators.  I like to compare companies before I commit to one.  Thanks.

11 hours ago, cruisingmimi said:

I am wondering why the only recommendations I see are for Barcelona Day Tours and/or Spain Day Tours.  There are certainly other recommended tour companies out there.  Any other recommendations?  I am looking for other tour guides/operators.  I like to compare companies before I commit to one.  Thanks.

I was also confused by the title of this thread. We just booked Montserrat with “In Out Barcelona “. We did it through Viator, a Trip Advisor company. We have used them in the past. Pay with credit card in USDollars

Edited by $hip$hape

1 hour ago, $hip$hape said:

I was also confused by the title of this thread. We just booked Montserrat with “In Out Barcelona “. We did it through Viator, a Trip Advisor company. We have used them in the past. Pay with credit card in USDollars

$Ship$hape - thank you so much, this is exactly what I'm looking for.  Couldn't find any other tour recommendations but BDT.  It looks like this is a specific post about Barcelona Day Tours so probably why there is nothing else listed here.  

We are not going to BCN until Nov. but trying to find tours to Montserrat.  I will check this company out.  I have used Viator before and found them efficient and accommodating.  Can you do a review of your Montserrat visit when you return?  It doesn't look like the tour companies give you much time there unless you book an all day tour.  We are interesting in doing a winery/Montserrat tour.  Thanks again.  Have a great cruise.

I just booked a full day wine tour from Barcelona to the penaides wine region. Think it includes visits to 3 wineries and tapas. Used   Wine Tourism Spain.  Meets at Plaza Catalunya. 132 Euros for 2 of us. We are into wine and this seemed to meet our needs. It is a big bus tour which I am not thrilled with but nothing else seemed to cover what I wanted.

13 minutes ago, Mrs f. said:

I just booked a full day wine tour from Barcelona to the penaides wine region. Think it includes visits to 3 wineries and tapas. Used   Wine Tourism Spain.  Meets at Plaza Catalunya. 132 Euros for 2 of us. We are into wine and this seemed to meet our needs. It is a big bus tour which I am not thrilled with but nothing else seemed to cover what I wanted.

Thank you, I'll check it out.  We are looking to do a combo tour to Montserrat and winery but maybe they offer this.  Reasonble price!  There are 5 of us right now looking to book something.  Enjoy your wine tour.

we shall be in Barcelona in November  for 4 days before our cruise (Oceania).  I booked the above tour but also book a Montserrat/Cava tour with Spain/Barcelona day tours.  Small group-not more than 12 people. Decent cost-around 89 euros I think. As a plus, they pick you up at your hotel.  I googled Montserrat Cava tours and a lot of places came up. You have to find the one that meets your needs/wants.

On 7/30/2019 at 5:58 PM, $hip$hape said:

Here is a website that has port info. It is quite helpful. Find the country, then the city port. Scroll down to the "cruise calendar" and select your date that you will be in port. It will tell you what ships are in port on a particular date. Unfortunately it does not state where the ships docks.

https://www.whatsinport.com/index.htm

This website has lots of detailed info also on ports although it has not been updates since 2012.

https://www.tomsportguides.com/

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 11:55 PM, wendyp247 said:

We plan on taking the same tour and then being dropped off at Sabrada Famila for. 3:00 pm tour. How would you suggest we get back To Ship? Taxi?  

What did did you do for lunch , earring places to Sagrada Famila? Thanks 

It is very easy to grab a taxi, after you finish your visit at Sagrada Familia.  There are many restaurants in the neighborhood of La Sagrada.  We just found a place with what we thought had good Sangria, and tapas.  Unfortunately, I forgot the name.

We booked a full day  Barcelona/Montserrat tour.  Perfect day with Vanessa our guide.  She was professional, knowledgeable and fun.  We travelled in an air conditioned Mercedes mini van in a small group tour of 10 people.  We had an excellent day seeing the beautiful sights.  

We highly recommend this tour company.

Edited by Wandering Probies
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We used Barcelona Day Tours on our recent western Mediterranean cruise on Celebrity Edge. We did the full day tour which went to Monserrat, and then to Park Guell and the outside of La Famiglia.  We had a wonderful and knowledgeable tour guide, who shared her wealth of knowledge of Barcelona.  We traveled in a modern Mercedes mini bus, which allowed us to get into some narrower spots.  This is the second time I’ve used Barcelona Day Tours, as I previously went on their tour to Girona and the Costa Bravo, which was also excellent.  I highly recommend Barcelona Day Tours.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We used www.autosvilar.com to arrange a private customized tour of Barcelona when we were there for a day on a cruise we took a few years ago. 

They were very accommodating and the price was reasonable for our group of 8 people. Juan who is the owner was the one who took us out and we could not of asked for a better host and guide. 

My husband and I were on our honeymoon and used this tour company for Barcelona. The guides were prompt to pick us up at the port, both spoke perfect English, and looked professional. The van/bus was clean, cool, and comfortable. They took us up to Montjuïc first, we had a fairly long ride around there that I personally could have done without, having been to Barcelona in the past. Then we went into town to the Gaudi houses, then off to Park Guell, where we spent a fair bit of time. Would have loved to cut out some of the riding around Montjuïc for more time at Park Guell-then off the La Sagrada Família. The guide (Christina) was knowledgeable, professional, polite. She arranged timed tickets for those of us that wanted to go into Sagrada, and everything was timed perfectly. Out of all the tours I booked for our ports of call on the cruise, this one was definitely the best value for the money and the most professionally operated. Thank you 🙏 

We used Barcelona Day Tours for a small group tour of Barcelona.  Our guide was excellent.  We saw Park Guell, Sagrada Família and other Gaudi structures.  Our guide, Veronica, knew the history and ensured everyone was included in the discussions.  We also used their sister company, Spain Day Tours, on Majorca.  Our guide, Ana, was great.   This company provides an excellent tour experience at a fair cost.  

We used Barcelona Day Tours for airport pickup and drop-off.  We upgraded to a Mercedes S-class for not much more than the regular fare.  Service was prompt and everything was perfect.

Here's a blog of the entire trip (with 4 days in Barcelona at the beginning):

jazzbeauxmediterraneancruise2019.wordpress.com

• 2 years later...

On May 8th, my wife and I had a beautiful Barcelona tour with Spanish Day Tours.  Our guide, Cristina, met us right on time to start our 8 hour tour.  We first went to Montserrat.  Cristina wanted to get us up there early to beat the lines, which we did, and that made for a pleasant visit.  We then drove back to Barcelona and toured center city stopping a several Gaudi houses.  Next stop was Park Guell where Cristina walked our small group around the park explaining Gaudi's work.  We ended the tour at La Sagrada Familia.  Cristina was friendly, knowledgeable and kept us on schedule while never feeling rushed.  We also used SDT when we were in port in Lisbon and Malaga.  Both of those tours were excellent.  I highly recommend SDT and will use them again the next time we are in Portugal or Spain.  One other comment about SDT is the professionalism of their staff.  Emlia and Mark were quick to get me information and set up the tours.  I felt very comfortable working with them as I planned my vacation.

• 1 month later...

Hello, 

We did a tour of Montserrat, skip the line of Park Guell and City of Barcelona with Barcelona Day Tours and it was amazing. We were picked up on time and dropped of at our hotel at the end of the tour.  Our driver and Guide were very knowledgeable and made the experience so much better. They get a 10 for communication during booking, cleanliness of vehicle and overall experience.  If your not staying in Barcelona they have tours that will take you back to the ship or airport. 

20220626_103616.jpg

20220626_103630.jpg

20220626_143137.jpg

20220626_144726.jpg

20220626_145229.jpg

20220626_145223.jpg

20220626_151355.jpg

Edited by Angel5168

Used BDT in 2015, loved them.  Going to Barcelona in late July be for cruise.  Using them again , very professional and knowledgeable.  Doing a private half day tour, 12 of us.  Next day using them for transfer to the ship.

• 3 months later...

We just used this company during our cruise at our stop in Barcelona. We did the half day tour and loved it. Our guide was very passionate and knowledgeable about all the sites we visited, we finished our tour with a skip the line tour of Sagrada Familia and them went to this amazing tapas restaurant that our guide recommended. I highly recommend using this company if you're looking for something to do in Barca.