Seattle hotel choices

tiger belle

We are cruising RT out of Seattle in mid-June.  We need to book hotel rooms for the night before cruising and the night we return to Seattle.  I've been doing a lot of researching on-line and on these boards.  Some choices still on my list are as follows:

Mediterranean Inn

MarQueen

Executive Inn/Space Needle

Embassy Suites/Pioneer Square

Four Points Sheraton

Holiday Inn Express

The average nightly rate in June for these hotels--as I find on-line pricing such as Expedia--is between $250 and $300...does this seem accurate for those who've stayed in Seattle in summer?  Also, has anyone actually stayed at any of the hotels I've listed and give me an opinion yea or nay and pros/cons...thanks all

Generally, yes, the rates are pretty accurate. Hotels are not cheap in Seattle in summer cruising season. Haven't stayed at any of those...we have stayed at the Seattle Hilton a couple of times, and will be staying there in June ahead of our cruise. Nice place.

Only one I've stayed in of those is the Med - and while it was nice, the lack of AC means we'd never use it in summer. If they're all comparably-priced I would agree with GL that the Embassy Suites - as the most centrally-located - is the winner in the bunch.

thanks everyone...I had no idea the Mediterranean had no a/c...being from south louisiana, I assumed it was a given a hotel would have a/c...it's off the list for sure...looking like Embassy Suites gets the nod so far...it also looks like we'll be paying at least $250/room

We just booked an Airbnb with a super host for $300 per nite (including all charges), 2 bedroom condo on north side of downtown for 4 of us. Much better than a hotel, and a short UBER ride to the port.

i really suggest using HomeAway or Airbnb in Seattle. Some great places on those sites with better prices than hotels if there are more than 2 of you.

We are staying 1 night precruise at Residence Inn near downtown and 2 night after cruise in an AirBNB. In May, the hotel room sleeping 5 is around $250. The AirBNB including all fees is around $750 for two night. The latter is good for longer stay or with more than 2 people.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle-City Center when we last cruised from Seattle. It was fine as hotels go but we did not find it especially convenient. This year we are staying at the Embassy Suites Pioneer Square.

On 2/19/2019 at 7:22 AM, tiger belle said:

we ended up booking the MarQueen for the one night before our cruise...we got a good rate for June and the hotel seems to be quite charming (fingers crossed) 🙂

I haven't stayed here since I live in Seattle.  But I drive by it frequently, I live on Queen Anne.  I've had cruise friends who've stayed there and seemed to like it.  The location is convenient to dozens of decent restaurants within a block or two walk.  There's also bartell drug store, CVS and a metropolitan market a block away or less.  Also a Caffe Ladro just beneath your hotel.  Parking is expensive and a real pain here though, as in much of Seattle.   I don't believe there is any elevator, so request your room accordingly if trucking luggage up stairs is an issue.  

Edited by CanWeGoYet?

I just booked the Hampton Inn at 28th street near Sea Tac for a May cruise. It was $100 less than similar downtown hotels. Rated very highly on trip advisor and includes breakfast and parking. I rented a car for a bit over $50 for our morning trip to the pier. Alamo has downtown drop off with free shuttle to the pier.

On 2/25/2019 at 12:57 AM, CanWeGoYet? said:

I haven't stayed here since I live in Seattle.  But I drive by it frequently, I live on Queen Anne.  I've had cruise friends who've stayed there and seemed to like it.  The location is convenient to dozens of decent restaurants within a block or two walk.  There's also bartell drug store, CVS and a metropolitan market a block away or less.  Also a Caffe Ladro just beneath your hotel.  Parking is expensive and a real pain here though, as in much of Seattle.   I don't believe there is any elevator, so request your room accordingly if trucking luggage up stairs is an issue.  

thank you very very much for the elevator warning...I had checked for a/c but didn't even think of asking about an elevator...I just now called and requested ground floor rooms...the reservation clerk seemed to think there wouldn't be a problem...again thanks much

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:09 PM, CanWeGoYet? said:

You are so welcome Theresa.  I hope you have a great time in Seattle before your cruise.  I know lots of folks like the airport hotels, but you aren't going to get a feel for being Seattle in  that area.   

For me it's not because I necessarily like the airport hotels, it's a matter of affordability.

Roz

On 2/28/2019 at 7:09 PM, CanWeGoYet? said:

You are so welcome Theresa.  I hope you have a great time in Seattle before your cruise.  I know lots of folks like the airport hotels, but you aren't going to get a feel for being Seattle in  that area.   

If you are planning on exploring Seattle, definitely get a hotel in the downtown area (or even near the Space Needle where they are a bit more affordable plus you have quick and inexpensive access via the monorail to downtown),

On our next cruise we are coming in the evening before (late) and going right to the ship the next morning, so we will just stay in the more affordable airport area.  Likely will take a shuttle to the pier the next morning.

On 3/2/2019 at 11:02 AM, Roz said:

For me it's not because I necessarily like the airport hotels, it's a matter of affordability.

Roz

I get it.  Sometimes I book an airport hotel for that same reason if I'm flying to Miami for a cruise.