Grease on Harmony

Our cruise is not until this summer, but I was exploring on the Royal app. I noticed that starting March 10 the Grease production show is not listed on the app. Something called the Grease Concert Showcase is listed, however.  Both shows are listed for the March 3 sailing.  Are the dates/times of the production show just not scheduled yet, could the show be taking a pause (perhaps due to the  recent unfortunate circumstances), or could the app just not be displaying the show times? Any thoughts/guesses?

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The app is wrong.  Grease was performed on the January 6th sailing 

It is scheduled from now and through the March 3rd sailing.  It is not until after that sailing that it is not listed. 

Edited by luv2sailAgain

For March 17 sailing of Harmony, Grease is listed at the usual times in the cruise planner. However it does not show in the app. I find the app to be quite variable in what is and isn’t included and its accuracy.

And then you get on board and it all changes again. No worries, we’re on a cruise.

bobj

On 2/14/2019 at 8:01 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

RCI paid for a 5 year contract for the rights to Grease on the HOTS so it won’t be going anywhere until next dry dock. Obviously this is a little tech glitch in the app. 

When would that contract expire ? 

I would suspect that it is just a fault RCI's famous glitchy App.

I would not trust any times or information on the app before get you get on the ship.  Times will be missing, reservations do not show up, and sometimes duplicated.  We were on for two weeks, had reserved all show way in advance and only 1 showed up on the App before departure, and we only saw our reservations on the day of or day before the event.   This is one program and I learned to NOT trust at all

We were just off the Harmony (a week ago) and it was playing on both weeks, and there were no mentions of Grease being changed or adjusted.   You would have never known that they lost one of the performers just a few short weeks before.

If you want to be sure you get your reservations, please don't use their glitchy app, and use your on-line account (via a computer and not your phone or ipad).   

1 hour ago, Valiamo said:

I would suspect that it is just a fault RCI's famous glitchy App.

I would not trust any times or information on the app before get you get on the ship.  Times will be missing, reservations do not show up, and sometimes duplicated.  We were on for two weeks, had reserved all show way in advance and only 1 showed up on the App before departure, and we only saw our reservations on the day of or day before the event.   This is one program and I learned to NOT trust at all

We were just off the Harmony (a week ago) and it was playing on both weeks, and there were no mentions of Grease being changed or adjusted.   You would have never known that they lost one of the performers just a few short weeks before.

If you want to be sure you get your reservations, please don't use their glitchy app, and use your on-line account (via a computer and not your phone or ipad).   

Thank you for all your advice!  I was trying to get an idea of when the shows might be scheduled. I am hoping I scheduled our MTD reservations well. Time will tell.  I tend to over plan. I makes the vacation fun last longer for me.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Both Allure and Oasis had their  broadway show changed after 5 years. 

Good to know I had not  realized that.  We are just off the Liberty and while doing the behind the scenes our, the "stage manager" commented on the difficulty of all the new ships and programming Broadway entertainment on them all.

8 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Good to know I had not  realized that.  We are just off the Liberty and while doing the behind the scenes our, the "stage manager" commented on the difficulty of all the new ships and programming Broadway entertainment on them all.

Liberty is the only ship that kept the Broadway show beyond the 5 years. I wondered if part of it had to do with a major change in markets with her moving to Galveston.  

With the production shows. They don't change as it's cheaper for Royal to keep moving ships around to different markets than it is to change shows.