2-14-19 Thursday Weigh-In... Happy Valentine's Day

Belle

Cold, rain and snow go away

We want a warmer Happy Valentine's Day

Wishing you a day of love with family and/or  friends and be happy

If your lucky an evening with the one you love  no matter how sappy   :classic_love:

One thing we have to watch out for..

All the Chocolate that comes in the door

One thing that is nice is we weigh the morning before the day of "chocolate" and food

Then we have to not eat it anymore after our Valentine's Day ends and be good

Would be nice if we didn't have any sweets of any kind

Wouldn't have a gain and we would be happy and fine

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!💗

• Like 2

Happy Valentines Day Belle, thanks for the poem.. well after losing 5lbs last week am happy to be staying the same this week...wasnt sure if having dinner out a few nights would affect me but guess am still good..Happy Valentines Day to everyone...

• Like 1

Happy Valentine's Day ❤️ 

I saw this posted in a running group I'm part of and thought it described our group too:

"Nobody supports you like a social media friend that you never met "

Thank you all for your support and encouragement.  I wish I could say that I lost or at least maintained, but unfortunately I had a large gain this week.  Time to let the disgust turn to action and get back to healthy choices.

Hoping everyone else had a better week.

• Like 1

Happy Valentine's Day to all - I told DH that as much as I love chocolate, this year I do not want any.

I am down this week (quite a large number for me) -- 2.2# Now I have lost a total of 20.4#.  To put it in perspective I am now at the weight I was 37 years ago BEFORE I lost 39# and ended up finally (after 9 years of marriage) getting pregnant.  Don't think that will happen this time!!!

I have had a couple of busy weeks.  I am a retired accountant and now do free taxes (through the IRS and United Way) for people ... I've done about 125 and now seem to have bursitis in my arm/shoulder and my right hand is swollen!  I do enjoy doing them though and really like talking with all the people ... some are my "friends" that I only see once per year!  I will probably end up doing another 250 before I leave on vacation ... rewarding but very tiring.   Jan

• Like 1

Happy Valentine's Day. 

Great poem Belle. 

I lost 1 lb. That's 7 total for me. Yeah. 

Ren, staying the same after meals out is good. That usually does me in.

Pacruise, sorry you gained. Keep at it.

Jan, ah, our star........wow, 20 lb. loss, awesome. Congrats. 

Have a good day everyone. 

Diana

• Like 1

Well done everyone. I had to rush off to work this morning and didnt weugh myself and now due to my week with no heating and kitchen...eating out  etc i really dont want to know what the damage is to my waist😣 I take the grandkids on holiday in 2 days. So i think i just need to start again when i get back on 25th... im just making excuses.. not good 😞

Nice losses Jan & Diana. 

Hope you heal soon Jan - it's a great service you are providing.  Do you like the shorter form?  I use Turbo Tax so the process wasn't much different this year since it asks guiding questions vs. filling in the blanks.  When I reviewed the form though - wow!  It's so simplified.

Annie, try not to get discouraged (and I'll try to take my own advice).  Enjoy holiday with the grandchildren.

During the week I was down, then today it says...Stayed The Same. What a dinner out can do.

Is it fair? No.  Did I eat right?  Kinda.. Made it last 2 meals.  That's life and who said life is fair.

Rob...You did good you kept your big loss off. Sometimes it doesn't all stay off.

Pac...Sorry you had a gain. Know you'll get back on track. Yes feels like we're all friends on here.

Jan..Sorry your in pain for doing something good for people. Great loss!

Diana...Your doing good another loss.

Annie...When will you get your kitchen done? Enjoy time with your grandkids.

I have to say I am sad that the people who use to come in aren't any more

Know Dave, Snow and sometimes Jo usually comes in later but where are are the rest.

Missing Cruise42, shootr, Mike, Rose and all the other people who come in a few times and

then don't come back.  Sorry I can't remember all your names, know there was the woman from

Germany who had a baby, Shellbelle that name stuck. (wonder why)? We've had people that

really were doing good and not so good, we enjoyed talking to them. Where are you?

This is a weekly weigh-in and you have to come in one day but we like everyone coming in

and talking everyday. Tell us your plan, what's working for you or not. We can ask any questions,

ask or give tips. We can do whatever you need for us to do. Sometimes we just need

a place to vent about our weight..good or bad. We all understand good days and weeks and

also understand bad days and weeks.

So I hope our pass people and new people start coming in . Summer is around the corner...

Really it is even if doesn't feel like the rain, snow and cold will ever stop.

Edited by Belle

I want to add something ... I belong to a weight loss 'support' group.  I recently came home from a 1 week cruise and 1 week visit with a friend and 2 weeks of being sick.   When I weighed in ... I was down 2 1/2 lbs. from my previous weigh in.  The leader of this group immediately said "you must not have had any fun on that cruise".  !!! ???  She was SO negative!  

5 hours ago, CruiseGal999 said:

I want to add something ... I belong to a weight loss 'support' group.  I recently came home from a 1 week cruise and 1 week visit with a friend and 2 weeks of being sick.   When I weighed in ... I was down 2 1/2 lbs. from my previous weigh in.  The leader of this group immediately said "you must not have had any fun on that cruise".  !!! ???  She was SO negative!  

How sad that your leader is so discouraging.  I'm trying (yes I know, I can be very trying 😉) to change my mindset of having to have food for "fun" - there is so much more in life.  Unfortunately it can be hard to break 40+ years of thinking.

I hope you had a great time on your cruise and with your friend either enjoying tasty food and drink or the beauty of the water and the warmth of friendship.  Sorry you were sick 😞 

Hi, all.   I know I have been among the land of the missing, but things have been very hectic since my husband had his stroke.  I have been stress eating and knew I had gained weight.  I am up 6.4 lbs since November.  I am going to get back to a better routine now and get back to my goal weight.   I leave on a cruise with my granddaughter in April and want to be in better shape by then.

My husband's progress is slow but coming along.  He is frustrated because he wants to be better yesterday, but that is not happening.  But, he is getting better and that's what he must focus on.

Congrats to all the losers.  Jan, you are doing awesome.  CruiseGal, that is not the kind of comment you want to hear from someone who is supposed to be supporting you.  It's awesome that you could lose weight on a long vacation like that.  pacruise, hopefully you will lose this week.  Good luck.   annie, have a good vacation with your grandkids.

Belle,  how have you been?   I hope that you have been doing well.  I have thought of all of you, even when I wasn't posting.

Rose

8 hours ago, Belle said:

During the week I was down, then today it says...Stayed The Same. What a dinner out can do.

Is it fair? No.  Did I eat right?  Kinda.. Made it last 2 meals.  That's life and who said life is fair.

Rob...You did good you kept your big loss off. Sometimes it doesn't all stay off.

Pac...Sorry you had a gain. Know you'll get back on track. Yes feels like we're all friends on here.

Jan..Sorry your in pain for doing something good for people. Great loss!

Diana...Your doing good another loss.

Annie...When will you get your kitchen done? Enjoy time with your grandkids.

I have to say I am sad that the people who use to come in aren't any more

Know Dave, Snow and sometimes Jo usually comes in later but where are are the rest.

Missing Cruise42, shootr, Mike, Rose and all the other people who come in a few times and

then don't come back.  Sorry I can't remember all your names, know there was the woman from

Germany who had a baby, Shellbelle that name stuck. (wonder why)? We've had people that

really were doing good and not so good, we enjoyed talking to them. Where are you?

This is a weekly weigh-in and you have to come in one day but we like everyone coming in

and talking everyday. Tell us your plan, what's working for you or not. We can ask any questions,

ask or give tips. We can do whatever you need for us to do. Sometimes we just need

a place to vent about our weight..good or bad. We all understand good days and weeks and

also understand bad days and weeks.

So I hope our pass people and new people start coming in . Summer is around the corner...

Really it is even if doesn't feel like the rain, snow and cold will ever stop.

Thanks Belle. My kitchen and heating are all fixed -  just need a bit of repainting. Once my holiday is over i will try to get back on track again 

• Like 1

Rose good to see you. Yes I know stress eating taking care of a husband who's sick.

I'm so happy he's getting better. I was wondering how he was since you hadn't been

on awhile. Glad you have a cruise coming up to relax a bit and have time with your

granddaughter. Hope you can come in more often.

Annie glad your kitchen and heating is fixed.  Enjoy your holiday

Hope everyone else is having a good Friday and enjoy your weekend.

Hey How's everyone doing? Belle Hope your weekend is going well. Pacruise hope your making healthy choices this weekend and thanks for sending us this beautiful sunshine day mid 30's and beautiful outside.Jan another great week for you, congratulations on another successful week and doing a good thing for your community. Diana another good loss for you too way to keep on track.. Anniedave enjoy your holiday with your grandkids and come back and let us know how your doing...Cruisegal hope you come back here and stay away from negative people , we all need to stay positive and help each other reach our goals..Rose hope your husbands progress and your healthy eating can go hand in hand and you reach your goal for your April cruise.. We are also sailing in April , only 70 more days until Bermuda for us.. Take care everyone Rob

• Like 1

How's everyone doing on this Sunday? I'm having a lazy one but I shouldn't.

Lots of things I should be doing. Eating alright, just had an early lunch a big salad.

(didn't have breakfast, usually don't) but hungry early today, so early lunch.

How do you eat on Sunday. 3 meals? A Brunch then dinner? Eat at home? Go out?

Hey Belle, another beautiful sunshine day here 35 * but feels warmer,  probably get some snow tonight. I worked this morning and stuck to my routine of tea and then smashed a banana with oatmeal. Am now watching NASCAR Daytona 500so I know spring is just about here, having spaghetti and meatballs..(turkey meatballs)...

I missed a couple of weeks.  Life has been crazy.  I was away, we had blizzards (comfort food!) and one of my direct reports was out at work meaning I had to do her job as well as mine.  So yes, I did some stress eating.  Through all that I gained back one pound but am trying to get back on track.  

Hi Rob and Angie.

Rob Glad your having some down time. Know you said you work 6 days a week.

Guess we have a "hear wave" to you. Low 30's highs in 40's or 50's. No snow just rain.

Hope no more snow for you.. Let the sun come out. Let spring hurry and come.:classic_smile:

Angie Sorry your working so hard to. Of course they paid you double for working to jobs?:classic_laugh:

For all that happen and you only gained a pound. That's good, could of been more. Bet

you watched it not knowing it. Glad your back. Let the sun come out for you too. No blizzards.

Hello,

Rose, glad you popped in. Sorry for the gain but you are going through a lot. Glad your hubby is showing some progress. Difficult situation but you are focusing on the positive and I'm sure your husband thinks you rock!

Cruisegal, geez, your leader is a gloomie gus. 

Angie, 1 lb. gain is no big deal. You'll get it off.

My hubby went on a business trip until this Friday. Part of me is blue because he's gone but part of me feels like Snoopy dancing up and down. I have no one to care about except me. Yippee........

Eating, hmmm, I eat a small breakfast then a snack like an apple then lunch around 11:30am. Then a snack again (yogurt) around 3pm then dinner at 5pm or lately I have to stretch until 6:30pm with hubby's new job. 

Have a good Sunday evening everyone.

Diana

Diana, I totally get the mixed emotions when hubby is gone and you only have yourself to take care of 🙂 Hope you have a good week doing your thing and that he comes home safely.

Belle,  40's and 50's (even with rain) sounds wonderful.  I'm even enjoying the 30's (although Friday afternoon was quite warm) - better than an arctic blast, and no mosquitoes or high humidity - right?

Angiemom - 1# isn't too bad.  Trusting your work slows down some soon or you get more help.

Rob - I'm glad the weather made it up your way.  Friday actually felt warm (50's).  I'm excited to hear about Bermuda, we go there in June.  Who are you sailing?

Annie - glad the kitchen is fixed and life can get back to normal.

Glad you stopped in, Rose.  Slow but steady progress for your husband sounds very good, even if the recovery speed is frustrating.  Hugs to you both.

I had a really good weekend, lots of steps and extra walking.  Staying busy today - son's party is this afternoon.  Have a great week all!

Diana, I know the feeling well. My wife is flying to Brazil next weekend  and I love the alone time but usually don't sleep well when she's gone but will mostly eat out for the week which probably won't be healthy...                                 Pacruise we are sailing on the NCL Escape out of Ny city, love Bermuda. Have also been there onboard RC Explorer and Granduer….We only got a few inches of snow this morning , springtime is around the corner... Rob

Hi all!

I just got back very early Friday morning so weighed then. Just like on a cruise I gained 2.2 lb while visiting with my DS & fiance in AZ. We had a really good time, she's a good cook plus we ate out too. I did weigh on her scale which was way better than mine! I am now at my highest weight ever.:classic_angry:

Jan ~ you are doing great, both in losing weight & helping others!

See you Thursday, I've got to get off this machine & do some exercise before lunch!!

~ Jo ~ 😊

Welcome back, Jo 🙂 

I made it to the walking group today, even though it felt like I wasn't supposed to (running behind and windshield needed scraped so knew I'd be a few minutes late, then I left my water bottle in the car when I got there 🙄).  l still joined in even thought I was late and managed to get just under 3 miles.  Even better, I was able to have a nice talk with the mother of one of my friends.  They had a chair yoga class after and the stretching really did me good.

I have weight training tonight, and might get a mile or so on the treadmill before as a warm-up.  It sounds a nasty storm is coming tomorrow, but it should be after the walking group.