Muster movie- ugh!!!

10 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Omg, that new muster drill movie was unbearable!!!  Saw it on Symphony a week ago.

my thoughts- long, boring, dumb.  Making it a “spy movie” did not make the drill better... it made it worse 🙂

anyone else have thoughts?  Anyone actually like it?

It grows on you.  I like to see it in the Aqua Theater.  We know most of the dialogue by now.😉

Our first two cruises on the Nav (pre-movie), the musters were only about 15 minutes. Our last cruise on Harmony they added the movie. I was honestly more impressed by all the tv screens swinging out of the ceiling in the promenade than the movie itself 🤣

• Haha 2

Royal followed the path of some airlines that tried to get creative with their safety videos to gain passenger attention.  Now entering it's 4th year in service, that video is hardly new.  In my opinion they bloated the video so much trying to be funny and creative they missed the point of the video.  Unlike the airlines that have moved on from this concept Royal has stuck with it.

• Like 1

Have mostly seen this video playing on in cabin TV, it is cute the first time around but after that? Trouble with long muster drills is the folks sauntering out 5 mins or more after stated time for drill to begin. I am getting to the age where standing in one place for 25 or more mins is getting very uncomfortable.

7 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Embarked on Liberty of the Seas this last Sunday (Falmouth today) the movie wasn’t used at all before or during Muster. 

They can't.  No TV displays at all the muster stations on Freedom or Voyager class.  Oasis and Quantum class have displays at all muster stations. 

2 minutes ago, zebra36 said:

Have mostly seen this video playing on in cabin TV, it is cute the first time around but after that? Trouble with long muster drills is the folks sauntering out 5 mins or more after stated time for drill to begin. I am getting to the age where standing in one place for 25 or more mins is getting very uncomfortable.

Don't go early.  If you listen to the announcements they specifically tell you "In 15 minutes time all guests must attend a mandatory guest assembly drill.  When the alarm sound you must proceed directly to your muster station" .  Don't be an early bird, you just have to wait longer.  Once the alarm sounds, only then make your way to your muster station, just as they have instructed you to.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sixesandeights said:

Movies?  45 minute muster?  I have been primarily NCL and Carnival the last few years, but both lines have you through muster in ~15 minutes.  Why is Royals so long?

6&8

Agreed. NCL we were in and out in 10 minutes. They went through the essentials and then dismissed us. The way it should be. 

Much prefer that, than the alternative on the smaller ships.  Just standing around for 15-20  minutes in the roomy promenade on Oasis, is better than last weeks Enchantment with the old traditional "line them up and pack them in like sardines under the life boat" set up.  They kept telling us to move over, step to the right.  We were on top of each other squished in tight like that.  Uggh.

On hot days with the sun coming directly in...not a good thing.  My sardine neighbor stinks after that sun baking/sweating on the pool deck prior to muster. Yuck.  

Edited by island lady

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I thought maybe it was gone.  We did not see it on the Oasis in December, nor did we see the washy hands cartoon

They used it on Oasis Nov. 25.  Ceiling speakers in cafe Promenade are shot and I could barely make out the words.  If I hadn't already seen it a dozen times I wouldn't have a clue what it was saying. 

You got lucky.  

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I thought maybe it was gone.  We did not see it on the Oasis in December, nor did we see the washy hands cartoon

They didn't play either one on the Noro cruise in January...

Coincidence🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It grows on you.  I like to see it in the Aqua Theater.  We know most of the dialogue by now.😉

I was in the Aqua Theater on the Harmony for it. It is so cheesy. I rolled my eyes so many times, I think I bruised my frontal lobe. 🤣 . Which is probably why I couldn't do basic math yesterday... but that is another story. 🙄

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, twangster said:

Royal followed the path of some airlines that tried to get creative with their safety videos to gain passenger attention.  Now entering it's 4th year in service, that video is hardly new.  In my opinion they bloated the video so much trying to be funny and creative they missed the point of the video.  Unlike the airlines that have moved on from this concept Royal has stuck with it.

Weird?  We’ve been cruising annually on Royal for the past several years, and it’s the first time I saw it?

updated to add: lol- we must have cruised oasis class right before they started doing it, and then we were on Radiance

Edited by vacationlover_mn

I saw this video on our last voyage on the Oasis.  I understand that Royal is trying to make it appealing to all.  However, I feel the length of the video takes away from keeping people engaged for this very important message.  While we were standing around, many people were chatting and totally missing the content.  I was hoping that the safety video would have changed in the last couple years as we will be boarding the Symphony at the end of March and have that to not look forward to.  I really feel that Royal missed the mark on their safety presentation.  It comes across as way too light and the content is way too long! We are not on a plane where we are a captive audience....IMHO, I believe that Royal should shorten the video and address the important safety facts in a professional way.  

• Like 1