Suites

Looking for a review of the Crown Loft Suite on the Oasis. We have been  in the Owner suite previously on the Oasis and wondering how they would compare? Previuosly on the Oasis we did have some mosion in the owner suite on deck 10. Thinking deck 17 may have allot of movement?

While we love the quiet of deck 17, there can be motion.  One night it was rocking and our closet door would bang open and then bang shut.  We finally put a stool jammed against it to keep it closed.  I also got tired of climbing the stairs.  It seemed every time I wanted something it was on the other level.  For us a GS is just the right amount of space.  We pick one close to the elevators and can easily get to 17.

13 minutes ago, ATG said:

I also got tired of climbing the stairs.

I agree with this.  Trying the Panoramic Grand suite next time and will see how it is not NOT have stairs.  I have heard there are some noise issues with these 2 suites (PGS and POS) so we'll see how big an issue it is.  The balconies on the Panoramics are small but that won't be too much of an issue for us, I don't think.  It's just the 2 of us.

We were in a CLS on Harmony last May and definitely felt more movement then the rooms we’ve had on decks 9 or 10. But, we also had the worst weather that we have ever had on a cruise. Lots of rain and wind.

However, it did not ruin our cruise. But, we don’t have problems with motion sickness.

You get 2 bathrooms in cls.  On oasis,  the master shower is huge and fits 2 easily.  You will not have a bath tub though.  Love the floor to ceiling windows and the quiet, wide hallways are a plus.  

Good or bad, windjammer is just a few steps away for some snacks.  

24 minutes ago, frank808 said:

You get 2 bathrooms in cls.  On oasis,  the master shower is huge and fits 2 easily.  You will not have a bath tub though.  Love the floor to ceiling windows and the quiet, wide hallways are a plus.  

Good or bad, windjammer is just a few steps away for some snacks.  

All the reasons we love the CLS but lately price has been an issue. We prefer the L1 over the L2 and the L1s have been a little pricey. We never noticed a difference in motion but that's just me.

9 hours ago, Big_G said:

All the reasons we love the CLS but lately price has been an issue. We prefer the L1 over the L2 and the L1s have been a little pricey. We never noticed a difference in motion but that's just me.

Is the difference more than about $250 between the L1 and L2?

15 hours ago, frank808 said:

Is the difference more than about $250 between the L1 and L2?

The best prices we've seen are on Allure but yes, there's a big gap. This is a January Harmony CLS price off a travel site I use.

image.png.5c456d7cc8f44126d8fee60c738328b0.png

2 minutes ago, Big_G said:

The best prices we've seen are on Allure but yes, there's a big gap. This is a January Harmony CLS price off a travel site I use.

image.png.5c456d7cc8f44126d8fee60c738328b0.png

For the cruises we have booked, the difference has been about $250 or so if there are a pretty good amount of cabins left.  Could this pricing delta be because there are only a few L1's left and a bunch of L2 cabins left.  So L1 selling much better than L2?  For us we would be looking at the L2 as we like to people watch.

3 minutes ago, frank808 said:

For the cruises we have booked, the difference has been about $250 or so if there are a pretty good amount of cabins left.  Could this pricing delta be because there are only a few L1's left and a bunch of L2 cabins left.  So L1 selling much better than L2?  For us we would be looking at the L2 as we like to people watch.

Could be but it's not unusual. We may give an L2 a go sometime but the wife enjoys the quiet and the sea view of the L1. When we first started sailing in a CLS, you could get an L1 for under $5K. You really have to hunt to get one under $6K now.

Stayed in CLS twice (Oasis/Allure) and GS once (Harmony).  Only did a GS because I booked late and CLS wasn't available.

I love the CLS.  Had no motion on Oasis or Allure in CLS but did have motion one day on deck 6 GS Harmony.  That's just how motion goes one cruise to another.  

I've only done L1 for the privacy and views.  Prefer sleeping with curtains open and waking to those two story views.

Stairs aren't an issue for me, in fact I do stairs when I can to burn off calories.  I was only upstairs to sleep really, never had to go up and down all day.  Two full bathrooms a big plus at times.

Found access to Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge much more convenient when staying on deck 17.  I used them more compared when I was on deck 6 in a GS.  It's just an elevator ride but somehow I just didn't feel like that sometimes.  Deck 17 is all suites so it feel more exclusive even though anyone can walk the halls on deck 17 most of the time.

Here is Allure.  Oasis was identical.  Harmony/Symphony have updated color palette and tubs in the upstairs bathroom I believe.

tqWSj9f.jpg

vW7shuw.jpg

zGmiLCa.jpg

xYaW3zt.jpg

LMIjLt5.jpg

ZlTcT7I.jpg

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

• Had no motion on Oasis or Allure in CLS but did have motion one day on deck 6 GS Harmony.  That's just how motion goes one cruise to another.  
  • Found access to Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge much more convenient when staying on deck 17.  I used them more compared when I was on deck 6 in a GS.  It's just an elevator ride but somehow I just didn't feel like that sometimes.  Deck 17 is all suites so it feel more exclusive even though anyone can walk the halls on deck 17 most of the time.
  • Here is Allure.  Oasis was identical.  Harmony/Symphony have updated color palette and tubs in the upstairs bathroom I believe.

Nice pics. Agree with you here but we missed the double shower when we were on Harmony.

On 2/14/2019 at 12:34 PM, old man 1010 said:

Previously on the Oasis we did have some motion in the owner suite on deck 10. Thinking deck 17 may have allot of movement?

Presumably you visited CK/SL when you were in the OS.  Did you find any motion while eating dinner in the CK or hanging around the SL?

2 hours ago, frank808 said:

Hi Frank,

This past December our L1 was cheaper then a L2. Booked 12 months out and there were a lot of each available.

Leaving March 3rd for our last Oasis cruise out of Port Canaveral.

Will you be sailing the Allure this year? We are booked 5-12, 9-8 and 12-1. Will also book one for October during our next cruise.

Hope to see all of you again this year.

2 hours ago, STANMELB said:

Hi Frank,

This past December our L1 was cheaper then a L2. Booked 12 months out and there were a lot of each available.

Leaving March 3rd for our last Oasis cruise out of Port Canaveral.

Will you be sailing the Allure this year? We are booked 5-12, 9-8 and 12-1. Will also book one for October during our next cruise.

Hope to see all of you again this year.

Hi there John and please say "HI" to Sandy from us.  If L1 were cheaper, I would book it, but like people watching and having the deeper balcony of L2.  Cant say that we spend that much time out there anyway.

Have a nice cruise on Oasis and now you will be booking Harmony out of Port Canaveral?

Food and beverage manager Craig( american guy from North Carolina)is on the Serenade now.  He just got back from vacation after getting off Allure in Nov. 

Sorry to say, our cruising path will not cross this year.  We are on Ovation and Radiance in July.  In Oct we have Liberty booked.

Looks like we will be on Serenade in Jan.  We haven't made plans for the summer or fall of 2020.  Would love to cruise with you two and your family again.  We can try to coordinate our 2020 cruise and see if we can make it happen.  Take care and have a great cruise next week!