Balcony Guarantee What Cabin Did You End Up With

stalco

1 hour ago, tvlworm said:

How do you know or find what cabins report to the muster stations to figure that out?   Sailing on HOS if helpful.  Thanks! 

Why does it matter prior to boarding the ship?  When I get on the ship, my sea pass card will tell me my muster station and I will have a map in the cabin....so what is the need for it before then?

1 minute ago, Paulette3028 said:

Why does it matter prior to boarding the ship?  When I get on the ship, my sea pass card will tell me my muster station and I will have a map in the cabin....so what is the need for it before then?

This one stumps me too.

18 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

Some of the previous posts said the muster station was assigned before they received their stateroom #, and they were able to narrow down where their cabin was going to be.   

47 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

Why does it matter prior to boarding the ship? 

Many recent reports of GTY bookings have the deck and muster station as the assignment, but not the cabin - with the location of the muster, one can narrow down what the eventual cabin assignment will be.

14 hours ago, JBSteelerfan said:

So, when you are finally assigned a cabin number, do you get an email to find that out, or does it show up when you log in on the Royal site, or you just have to call to find out?

I was emailed a " Bkg : Notification of change for reservation. Please note change in Stateroom and Change in Stateroom Category " when they allocated a room to us. We had booked an XB guarantee and received this email 3 days after making the booking in September 2018 for a cruise in February 2020. That was my experience, cheers, Buzz.

24 minutes ago, BuzzBuzzen said:

I was emailed a " Bkg : Notification of change for reservation. Please note change in Stateroom and Change in Stateroom Category " when they allocated a room to us. We had booked an XB guarantee and received this email 3 days after making the booking in September 2018 for a cruise in February 2020. That was my experience, cheers, Buzz.

Yes, same for us. Email notification.

Bkg: Notification of Change for Reservation ID: *******

33 minutes ago, BuzzBuzzen said:

I was emailed a " Bkg : Notification of change for reservation. Please note change in Stateroom and Change in Stateroom Category " when they allocated a room to us. 

That seems  to be rare, most report no notification. It is also rare to have a GTY category available 18 months out. 

Edited by Biker19

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Was that a suite that you got?

No, unfortunately.  That would have been amazing.  Concierge Class is basically a cabin with a bigger balcony, better balcony furniture, and access to better amenities.

1 minute ago, cgags47 said:

No, unfortunately.  That would have been amazing.  Concierge Class is basically a cabin with a bigger balcony, better balcony furniture, and access to better amenities.

Sounds similar to a Junior Suite on Royal.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Sounds similar to a Junior Suite on Royal.

Similar.  The Junior Suite is markedly larger than a regular balcony.  The Concierge Class is only slightly larger than a regular balcony.  I wouldn't go out of my way to pay more for Concierge Class.  I'm considering a JS on my upcoming sailing.

3 minutes ago, cgags47 said:

Similar.  The Junior Suite is markedly larger than a regular balcony.  The Concierge Class is only slightly larger than a regular balcony.  I wouldn't go out of my way to pay more for Concierge Class.  I'm considering a JS on my upcoming sailing.

The JS is our favorite stateroom layout on Royal.  Closer to a square shape.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

The JS is our favorite stateroom layout on Royal.  Closer to a square shape.

That's what interests me.  I currently have one of those square shaped balconies on Anthem.  Not too thrilled about the obstructed view, but I couldn't beat the price when I booked it.  Hoping the JS goes down in price as it gets closer.

9 hours ago, BuzzBuzzen said:

Thank you for that info!  Great that you were assigned so soon after booking.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 6:43 PM, tvlworm said:

How do you know or find what cabins report to the muster stations to figure that out?   Sailing on HOS if helpful.  Thanks! 

When we checked in to our cruise, I looked at our set sail pass and it lists our muster station. 

Also, I googled our ship and muster stations and a map of them showed up in images. 

It was just neat to see. Doesn't necessarily mean that it will not change prior to assignment. But cool to see and guess 🙂 

Edited by Kayla103
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kayla103 said:

When we checked in to our cruise, I looked at our set sail pass and it lists our muster station. 

Also, I googled our ship and muster stations and a map of them showed up in images. 

It was just neat to see. Doesn't necessarily mean that it will not change prior to assignment. But cool to see and guess 🙂 

Muster stations were assigned and designated for each cabin when the ship itself was designed.  They don't change from sailing to sailing.

4 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

Muster stations were assigned and designated for each cabin when the ship itself was designed.  They don't change from sailing to sailing.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant, it doesn't mean the muster assignment can't change (since we don't have our rooms assigned yet). It is doubtful they will, but you never know. 

I was on Anthem back in March. Did a guarantee and got a 6D balcony on deck 13 room 13308.  It was towards the back of the Ship and Below the windjammer.   Great view but boy was it noisy at night.  

I will not do guarantee anymore.   I prefer mid ship with cabins above and below. 

19 hours ago, ResearchObsessed said:

I'm about 40 days out on Liberty OTS on a balcony guarantee. I have deck 10 assigned but not an actual room yet. I will update when I do! 

About when did you get your deck assignment? Just out of curiosity. For us it doesn't matter, but it is kind of fun trying to explore and find out where it will be 🙂 

23 minutes ago, Kayla103 said:

About when did you get your deck assignment? Just out of curiosity. For us it doesn't matter, but it is kind of fun trying to explore and find out where it will be 🙂 

I think maybe a few weeks ago? I noticed I have edocs on my account. Deck number is listed there under the room number which still says GTY.