Balcony Guarantee What Cabin Did You End Up With

stalco

Ok.. so I booked a Balcony Guarantee Cabin and am worried that I will end up with a obstructed view looking at nothing but a lifeboat.  I was trying to save money so we could afford to do excursions, but now I am worried about my choice.  Have you booked a Guarantee balcony?  What room did you get.  Not that it matters but I have cruised with Royal Caribbean several times.  I am also going to pay the cruise off now even though its not due for several months.  Thanks fellow cruisers.

You will most likely get the lowest category in your guarantee pool.  However, once the stateroom is assigned, Royal normally allows you to change to any other available stateroom in the same exact category to which you have been assigned.

It's worth noting that the many recent GTY threads on this forum most everyone is reporting receiving their deck # very early, but with no cabin number. Therefore, if you don't have a cabin number until the final minute, how do you know to change it to another cabin? And if RCL doesn't a cabin to you early (like in the past), then they can hold off and sell cabins using the Royal Up program first, leaving the GTY assignments to the very last day, again relieving customer service of hundred of calls of cruisers calling in to change their cabins after being guaranteed.

So those that have had GTY balconies and reporting their experience from 2016 for example, it does not matter anymore... it only matters what is happening right now at this very moment.

Booked an inside balcony guarantee on Allure in July. Called regarding a price drop earlier this week and found out that our cabin # was already allocated. We got a cabin towards the end of central park on deck 10 (lowest balcony deck in central park).

2 minutes ago, Shiver said:

Booked an inside balcony guarantee on Allure in July. Called regarding a price drop earlier this week and found out that our cabin # was already allocated. We got a cabin towards the end of central park on deck 10 (lowest balcony deck in central park).

Interesting, so maybe if we call, we can get the guarantee stateroom number.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Now that would be awesome. Also I had mentioned on the other GTY thread that if it were me with a GTY booking and I only had the deck #, I would search for all available cabins on that deck and ask for the one I want rather than waiting for the ship to sell out just before the sailing.

11 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

No idea how the allocation works, I was surprised we got our allocation this early after reading other posts. We haven't even paid in full yet. The reason for calling was as mentioned because of a price drop, but the allocation must have been made earlier as she told me once she looked up my booking, and that i would be keeping the same cabin #. I live in Norway and booked the sailing from their Norwegian website, not sure if that has anything to do with it as well.

We had a balcony guarantee on Mariner next month. Documents said deck 6 GTY. There was a price drop after final payment so I called TA who was able to get us deck 9 mid- ship best category balcony. Not really an upgrade but better than I thought we might get. 

Had a 'we pick your room' oceanview balcony on Allure in Oct. and got deck 11 starboard side just down a few rooms from the aft elevators. Was assigned two days after I booked it. Was very happy with the location. 

Edited by Hopetotravel

Booked a studio inside, price dropped and moved up to guaranteed OV and ended up assigned to a balcony.  It was low and far forward, but, I didn't care. This was a win for me for what amounted to an inside cabin fare and gave me the double points for solo that I wouldn't have received in the studio.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 2

we have booked gty many times over the years.  Nearly always get a fairly run of the mill room, not the best location, but not obstructed view, etc either.  I think we got one obstructed view once (minimal obstruction, no big deal) and we had amazing luck and got the Owner'S Suite once.

The German bookig office absolutely does NOT allow any "going back into the pool" or changing to another room of the exact same category after giving out a gty assignment.  

We booked balcony guarantee on Mariner last summer.  We were assigned a spacious balcony room (so not lowest balcony category).  We didn't live the location, so I just moved us to another spacious in aft section (but still quite central)

22 hours ago, stalco said:

Ok.. so I booked a Balcony Guarantee Cabin and am worried that I will end up with a obstructed view looking at nothing but a lifeboat.  I was trying to save money so we could afford to do excursions, but now I am worried about my choice.  Have you booked a Guarantee balcony?  What room did you get.  Not that it matters but I have cruised with Royal Caribbean several times.  I am also going to pay the cruise off now even though its not due for several months.  Thanks fellow cruisers.

We ended up with 9532 on Jewel of the Seas, which has a very small Balcony.  Then our RoyalUp was accepted and now in a Suite!

Last year we booked a GTY Ocean Balcony on the Harmony. A few weeks after booking we were assigned Deck 12 near the front of the ship.

Just booked a GTY Ocean Balcony on the Allure for May 26 sailing 2 weeks ago. No assignment yet.

The savings was about $650 by booking a GTY instead of an assigned room.

6 hours ago, dreadpirate3 said:

We booked two guarantee boardwalk balconies for the Symphony sailing in May. I don't see any of them available when I check the UK site. I hope we get a good one.

The balcony guarantee price was less than half the price of picking our own.

We have been assigned categories now.

Mine - image.png.320d4a5aeec16a4205573b77c2fc5489.png

My sons -

image.png.9229705af081adffb79858de9ba6def0.png