Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

4 minutes ago, bayonnejoe said:

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying they removed the canopies from the Deck 11 aft Aquas? Those canopies made these balconies quite comfortable. If indeed, they are gone, you are 100% correct. They will be sunny and hot, especially in the Caribbean mid-afternoon.

Yes! You are understanding correctly!

These were very special AQ cabins before this revolution. Can anyone confirm  how they are now?

It seems better to book the C2 aft cabins , otherwise, but we wanted to book Aqua for Blu dining.

47 minutes ago, MizDemeanor said:

Just left future cruises.... The answer to this question is yes up to and including sky suites, but not for above Sky Suites. 

Thank you!  That means, as a solo, it will only cost me $100 for non-refundable to get the $200 military discount.  I can live with that.  Thank you again!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jspirit said:

Yes! You are understanding correctly!

These were very special AQ cabins before this revolution. Can anyone confirm  how they are now?

It seems better to book the C2 aft cabins , otherwise, but we wanted to book Aqua for Blu dining.

You know, my memory is not what it used to be, so I asked DW and looked at some photos. We always had 1130. There was no canopy, just the overhang from deck 12.

31 minutes ago, MizDemeanor said:

Prices are nuts. Specials are few and far between we found. Yikes! 

Yes, they are quite pricey...and CR not better than the Steiner related spa on EDGE..

We have time to see how pricing goes...  It can reach a point of " not worth it"

3 hours ago, bayonnejoe said:

You know, my memory is not what it used to be, so I asked DW and looked at some photos. We always had 1130. There was no canopy, just the overhang from deck 12.

Agreed. I am in 1140 now and nothing has changed as to the covering for this balcony (and we have stayed in this cabin before). The only overhang is from the metal structure of deck 12 above. For 1140, that represents about a third of the balcony covered. Of course, as for any balcony, it can be fully in shade or fully in sun depending on time of day and direction of the sun. 

• Thanks 1

And while on the subject of “sunny balconies”, I am not sure if anyone has yet mentioned that the sheer curtains are gone, at least in our AQ cabin. What is left is a blackout curtain. When the direct sun is pouring into the cabin, we have to close the blackout curtain to keep the heat out, giving us a dark cabin and no view outside. 

After living with it for a week, I do admit I liked having the sheer curtain option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Blue_Flame said:

Agreed. I am in 1140 now and nothing has changed as to the covering for this balcony (and we have stayed in this cabin before). The only overhang is from the metal structure of deck 12 above. For 1140, that represents about a third of the balcony covered. Of course, as for any balcony, it can be fully in shade or fully in sun depending on time of day and direction of the sun. 

THANK YOU so much for replying about this area with the aft AQ cabins!!! So helpful !

Is there any noise from above, like the movie or scraping of chairs early morning or late at night?

From what you are saying, these cabins are still as desirable as before the renovation.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Edited by jspirit

And while on the subject of “sunny balconies”, I am not sure if anyone has yet mentioned that the sheer curtains are gone, at least in our AQ cabin. What is left is a blackout curtain. When the direct sun is pouring into the cabin, we have to close the blackout curtain to keep the heat out, giving us a dark cabin and no view outside. 

After living with it for a week, I do admit I liked having the sheer curtain option.

From looking at the ship at a distance from the outside, I believe they are gone from all, but I can’t speak to what may be window fashions on the cabins in the suite classes.

We liked them too, but are under the overhang from Deck 10 where the impact of sun filtering needs would likely not be as great as the aft cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone had asked about the grill area in the rear of Oceanview Cafe. 

Yes it is is still there, from what I see there is a square flat top grill and a square grated grill. 

Chicken, pork and mini-steaks which to me look like mini- ribeye steaks are what are offered buffet style from the few times I have looked. I have seen nothing grilled to order. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

MizDemeanor - How was your Tuscan Grill experience?  Are you enjoying the live music?  Thank you for taking us along with you!

Hello! 

I wanted to take time about Tuscan since we were on this ship before it was installed pre revolution, and have been in Tuscan on the S Class ships only. 

This is was a much different experience in terms of location and in terms of menu. 

We truly enjoyed our dinner here this time, more so than any other time on the SClass ships were we did eventually opt to no longer go.

The menu has changed from then until now and we see this as a betterement, it would encourage me to consider if back on S Class. 

The room is very comfortable, it was very full, we had a stateside reservation for 6:30 that we changed to 8pm, and it was very robust at that dining time. 

The service was outstanding, we had a waiter who has been with Celebrity for 20 years and will be off in May and will return to Edge under new contract when his vacation is over. Who ever has the benefit of his service will be very fortunate indeed. 

At meals end the Chef offers everyone a glass of homemade Limoncello, and that was quite a nice touch. 

We both enjoyed our dinner and do recommend it on board this ship. 

Edited by MizDemeanor
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MizDemeanor said:

Hello! 

I wanted to take time about Tuscan since we were on this ship before it was installed pre revolution, and have been in Tuscan on the S Class ships. 

This is was a much different experience in terms of location and in terms of menu. 

We truly enjoyed our dinner here this time, more so than any other time on the SClass ships were we did eventually opt to no longer go.

The menu has changed from then until now and we see this as a betterement, it would encourage me to consider if back on S Class. 

The room is very comfortable, it was very full, we had a stateside reservation for 6:30 that we changed to 8pm, and it was very robust at that dining time. 

The service ice was outstanding, we had a

waiter who has been with Celebrity for 20 years and will be off in May and will return to Edge under new contract when his vacation is over. Who ever has the benefit of his service will be very fortunate indeed. 

At meals end the Chef offers everyone a glass of homemade Limoncello, and that was quite a nice touch. 

Thank you!  I am very happy to hear this excellent report.  We are booked for the first evening, and may consider returning if we have a wonderful experience.  We are on the June 16 sailing for 11 nights.

46 minutes ago, MizDemeanor said:

Hello! 

I wanted to take time about Tuscan since we were on this ship before it was installed pre revolution, and have been in Tuscan on the S Class ships only.  . . 

Thank you for this, and thanks again for taking all the time you've taken to post about the Summit.

Our last dinner at Tuscan was several months ago on the Silhouette, and we were extremely disappointed in the food and service.  We decided to give it another try on our first night aboard the Summit in September, so I'm very encouraged by your report.   Thanks again!

9 hours ago, jspirit said:

THANK YOU so much for replying about this area with the aft AQ cabins!!! So helpful !

Is there any noise from above, like the movie or scraping of chairs early morning or late at night?

From what you are saying, these cabins are still as desirable as before the renovation.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Nothing has changed “post revolution” as to the outside noise in the aft 11 cabins. 

We hear nothing (chairs scraping, music, movies) while inside the cabin. 

We do enjoy sitting on the balcony and hearing the music from the Sunset Bar in the late afternoon (and now you can SEE the musician through the slats). Often, however, there is a movie playing on 12 and you can end up hearing both at the same time. 

We ARE enjoying our cruise, thank you. So much so, we are staying on for next week, too!

• Like 2

I was glad to read a positive review of Tuscan.  We have been there many times and had been unimpressed the last few times.  Since it really is only one of two offered on Summit that I would go to, I will now try it but will hope to get a discount. If none, because of your review I will give it a try.

Can anyone tell me if the new Summit still has the $10 sales and watch/jewelry/tee shirt sales at the end of the cruise?  The Edge did not do this - too fancy I guess.  I usually can get something at the sales as I cannot afford shopping at their specialty shops.  

@MizDemeanor, thanks for your review of Tuscan Grille! Very glad to hear it’s improved after reading all the negative reviews about it before today. I as thinking QSine was going to be our only option as a family for something good / enjoyable; very good to know I can book us in Tuscan and expect a good meal and good experience!

1 hour ago, dazey said:

Can anyone tell me if the new Summit still has the $10 sales and watch/jewelry/tee shirt sales at the end of the cruise?  The Edge did not do this - too fancy I guess.  I usually can get something at the sales as I cannot afford shopping at their specialty shops.  

Summit is definitely doing a $10 clearance sale today, last day of the cruise, at 10:15 a.m.  Watches/purses/t-shirts all included. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Aralim said:

@MizDemeanor, thanks for your review of Tuscan Grille! Very glad to hear it’s improved after reading all the negative reviews about it before today. I as thinking QSine was going to be our only option as a family for something good / enjoyable; very good to know I can book us in Tuscan and expect a good meal and good experience!

I have to echo this.  A co-worker was on Equinox in January (and we were on in November, but only tried Murano which I can not recommend highly enough) and their experience with Tuscan grille made him never want to return.  The food was fine, but the service was terribly slow.  They, like us, do enjoy a leisurely dining experience, but it should never feel like it's dragging.

Of course this complicates my dinner plans since we were going to try to book a specialty on the first night as our only specialty dining.  And I was pretty settled on Qsine, but maybe Tuscan?  Decisions, decisions!

1 hour ago, dazey said:

Yes they did, and it was quite a mad house!  It was located inside the shop - which was very clostophobic.  Very long line to check out, so I gave up.  The people who got there first had armloads of stuff - purses, scarves, hats, shawls, coverups, etc.  If you got there late, slim pickings.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:21 PM, Newbie2006 said:

We stayed in 8148 on March 25th cruise. Bed is next to the bathroom. The bed/bathroom is aft, or to the right when entering the room.

It was a nice, quiet cabin. Can't complain... right under the mid buffet made getting food easy, but not directly under, so no noise from above (as would happen on deck 9 cabins).

My SeaPass says our Muster location is D1. Do you remember where that is?

Does anyone

3 hours ago, MizDemeanor said:

Hello! 

I wanted to take time about Tuscan since we were on this ship before it was installed pre revolution, and have been in Tuscan on the S Class ships only. 

The service was outstanding, we had a waiter who has been with Celebrity for 20 years and will be off in May and will return to Edge under new contract when his vacation is over. Who ever has the benefit of his service will be very fortunate indeed. 

After reading your positive review on Tuscan Grille, we're interested in trying it again after a not so enjoyable experience. Does anyone have a photo of the new menu to peruse prior to our upcoming cruise? Thanks!