Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

I am hoping this 'revolution' of the older ships does more than the 'Solsticizing' they did a few years ago.  We sailed Summit a few months after that was done and while many of the updates were nice, to us the ship still looked rather tired and dated. 

The good news is that it appears we have a lot of CC members that will be sailing Summit right after dryock.   While we had lots of pictures of Millennium during constructions we really haven't seen a lot since she set sail.

For all those sailing her soon, please come back and post lots of pictures..  

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The good news is that it appears we have a lot of CC members that will be sailing Summit right after dryock.   While we had lots of pictures of Millennium during constructions we really haven't seen a lot since she set sail.

For all those sailing her soon, please come back and post lots of pictures..  

We will be on the 1st cruise post drydock.  I plan on taking and posting lots of pictures!  Can't wait!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Fantastic.    What type of accommodation have you selected?

We have a Concierge Balcony.  We got a pretty good deal to move up to Aqua Class, but decided to stay put.  This is our 1st Celebrity cruise and we wanted to try the main dining room.  We are also cruising with family in an adjacent room, so we wanted to keep our arrangement.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Fantastic.    What type of accommodation have you selected?

I'll be on the April 13th in a CS and get some shots of that.  Especially since none have appeared from the Millennium refresh.

• Like 2

When on the Millenium a waiter in Tuscan first night told us he'd spent most of the renovation tearing up carpets and helping the contractors lay them.

Funny how we are all different we love both Tuscan and Qsine but on one vivit so far to Murano's didn't like it!

23 minutes ago, elaineb said:

We have a Concierge Balcony.  We got a pretty good deal to move up to Aqua Class, but decided to stay put.  This is our 1st Celebrity cruise and we wanted to try the main dining room.  We are also cruising with family in an adjacent room, so we wanted to keep our arrangement.

Wonderful to hear.   I am sure you will love both the newly renovated ship but also the wonderful food and service.

15 minutes ago, avrey97 said:

We’ll also be on the post dry dock cruise, so there will be lots of live updates from us as well. We’ve booked a Concierge SV. Can’t wait! 

yea...   So looking forward to it. 

7 minutes ago, jchipgcs said:

I'll be on the April 13th in a CS and get some shots of that.  Especially since none have appeared from the Millennium refresh.

That I will be waiting for.    We almost always sail in CS's and love them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alushar said:

When on the Millenium a waiter in Tuscan first night told us he'd spent most of the renovation tearing up carpets and helping the contractors lay them.

Funny how we are all different we love both Tuscan and Qsine but on one vivit so far to Murano's didn't like it!

Love to hear your different perspective.    We have probably the opposite perspective.   Unfortunately for us they took the Murano style restaurant off the ship and only have Tuscan and Qsine.   Even when we have unlimited free specialty dining we usually don't bother.

12 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

I'm another one who loves the new colors.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think the new colors fit better on M class than S class, assuming this photo represents what the finished product will look like...  I'd still like to try an M ship some day but we've never found the right opportunity.

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 3.37.30 PM.png

We will be on the 3/30 sailing.  We are relatively new to X (3 cruises on the Silhouette) so not sure we will know what is old and what is new.  But we will try and post some pics as well.  We are in a Sky Suite so we will try and focus on those areas.  Will be following the posts from the 3/25 cruise very closely so we will know what has been posted and what hasn't. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, elaineb said:

Elaineb- do you mind sharing your Aqua upgrade offer ? I Thought the upgrade prices were high...

28 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

We will be on the 3/30 sailing.  We are relatively new to X (3 cruises on the Silhouette) so not sure we will know what is old and what is new.  But we will try and post some pics as well.  We are in a Sky Suite so we will try and focus on those areas.  Will be following the posts from the 3/25 cruise very closely so we will know what has been posted and what hasn't. 

Sox Fan- We're in a Sky suite (S1) so I'll definitely get a pic for you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Please post bathroom pics of your SS. We're in a S1 in May.  Enjoy your sailing!

• Like 1

When you take photos of the suite retreat area, could you please look for a wheelchair lift at the hot tub and take a photo of that with the hot tub.  There was one put in the the Millie and we are very hopeful that Celebrity will do the same on the Summit.  We cruise in August.

43 minutes ago, montgomeryfamily said:

When you take photos of the suite retreat area, could you please look for a wheelchair lift at the hot tub and take a photo of that with the hot tub.  There was one put in the the Millie and we are very hopeful that Celebrity will do the same on the Summit.  We cruise in August.

We are wishing the same for the Summit!