Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Jim_Iain

Summit Revolution

Recommended Posts

Great photo!  

Are they changing anything in this area?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that the Revolution of Summit to be very similar to Millennium.   At least I haven't read of anything different.   If the same they will be updating the bath's, interior of all cabins and repainting the exterior to the Blue Hull color scheme.    They also are recarpeting the ship,  redoing the main dining room, martini bar and public areas.  

 

Pictures on the Millennium will give you a general idea of what we are expecting.   If same as Millennium they will be adding 13 Aqua Class cabins where the starboard Spa is,  reconfigure the locker rooms (making them smaller).

 

They will also be removing the Library and replacing with inside cabins.   They will also be adding 3 inside cabins on deck 6 were Acupuncture clinic was.    Relocate Internet Cafe to lobby and replace with inside cabins.

Below pdf file has addition highlighted under Summit in Pink

 

12030112_CEL_FleetGuide.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hcat said:

Thanks for posting the renderings

Space and layout look beautiful...but  Hoppen's world is very  sad gray, grey, griege..however you label it!

 

 

I love the updates, especially the colors!

 

 

6 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

Having stayed in that suite before some of the renderings do not make sense unless they gutted everything.  Looks like a total absence of any drawer space anywhere and that open closet looks just precious.  And, oh, where is that magnificent butlers pantry with the full sized refrigerator?  Perhaps replaced by a genuine Kelly water cooler surrounded by 100 plush pillows.  Also concerned that the second full bath will remain.  The whole thing looks so sterile.  And, all those white chair cushions?  What a nightmare to keep clean.  Sorry to be so negative, but it is very frustrating to spend big bucks for 19 nights in the suite and only see renderings that so far have been so incorrect.

 

 

From what has been posted - that is exactly what was done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, XtaSea said:

Also following and also booked on the Summit next Feb to the ABCs (hey CruisinRoxy, you on that one?). Following the Millie's current sailing and hoping soon to see photos of a post-Revolution Celebrity Suite. As far as dining it's such a personal taste thing. We love Luminae--more than any specialty restaurant--although we often order appetizers from the MDR menu. Guess we don't cruise often enough to tire of it yet. 

No, we are on the Barbados / Grenada cruise.  Have never been to either Grenada or Dominica! But they changed from Tortola sadly, to St Thomas which we’ve been to many times. Darn. Why do the ships do that, I wonder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CruisinRoxy said:

No, we are on the Barbados / Grenada cruise.  Have never been to either Grenada or Dominica! But they changed from Tortola sadly, to St Thomas which we’ve been to many times. Darn. Why do the ships do that, I wonder?

 

I'm on the same itinerary in February 2020 and only recently found out about the itinerary change. Ironically, nearly ALL the excursions listed for sale in "St. Thomas" on the Celebrity website actually show Tortola excursions. (Virgin Gorda and the Baths, Snorkeling at Norman Island...) We're not disappointed because we really like taking the ferry over to St. John, which we'll do again this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, printingchick said:

 

I'm on the same itinerary in February 2020 and only recently found out about the itinerary change. Ironically, nearly ALL the excursions listed for sale in "St. Thomas" on the Celebrity website actually show Tortola excursions. (Virgin Gorda and the Baths, Snorkeling at Norman Island...) We're not disappointed because we really like taking the ferry over to St. John, which we'll do again this time.

That sounds like a great idea!  We did it once and I totally forgot about it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked cruise planner for upcoming December cruise on the Summit Qsine and Tuscan both $60pp the menus look the same as before.

Sara 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, british lady said:

Just checked cruise planner for upcoming December cruise on the Summit Qsine and Tuscan both $60pp the menus look the same as before.

Sara 

 

Hmmmm...I reserved for February 2020 and did so at the old price of $45. Would not have reserved at $60!! YIKES! I'll be happy with either version of Qsine, but am super curious to know which it will be!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, british lady said:

Just checked cruise planner for upcoming December cruise on the Summit Qsine and Tuscan both $60pp the menus look the same as before.

Sara 

 

Is this by chance a holiday cruise?  I checked my cruise planner for Oct 2019 and Jan 2020 and all the specialty dining is at the "old" prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have booked 14th January 2020. The last time we were on Summit was in 2007 to Hawaii. I expect we are going to see many changes. We usually book Concierge class but the up-grade charge is too high at around £300 pp 

I will have a look at the Millennium photographs for guidance on what the new look is likely to be. We were on Milly in 2015 so have not seen the make-over.

Thank you for this thread - it will be great to watch the transformation prior to our cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new decks plans are on X web page,  select from Apr 21, 2019 to Apr 15, 2020 to see the new ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 4:28 PM, MartinsCruise said:

Hi Linda,  I agree about the Edge.  We have am aft Aqua b2b on the Summit in November and I'm really not happy about having less privacy on our veranda without the canopy.  Even if we had a different cabin we're going to miss having tables in the shade at the Sunset Bar.  This will be my retirement cruise.  Woohoo!!!

Woo Hoo!!!  You will love retirement!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if those renderings or whatever they are of the penthouse are accurate, I predict lots of cancellations.  At least from folks who know better and have sailed in those PHs before.  Looks like no storage in MBR which used to have more storage than one could figure out how to use.  I get that Ms. Hoppen is anti-drawer, but that doesn't mean the rest of the world is.  A bench at the DR table???  First of all, it does not appear to be close enough to the table to be able to dine comfortably.  My guess would be that the table would be too heavy to move.  The chairs are ugly and look uncomfortable.  Also, people who book the PH entertain.  In my experience, it has been very useful for all to be able to walk all around the table when setting out food and drink buffet style.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well, if those renderings or whatever they are of the penthouse are accurate, I predict lots of cancellations.  At least from folks who know better and have sailed in those PHs before.  Looks like no storage in MBR which used to have more storage than one could figure out how to use.  I get that Ms. Hoppen is anti-drawer, but that doesn't mean the rest of the world is.  A bench at the DR table???  First of all, it does not appear to be close enough to the table to be able to dine comfortably.  My guess would be that the table would be too heavy to move.  The chairs are ugly and look uncomfortable.  Also, people who book the PH entertain.  In my experience, it has been very useful for all to be able to walk all around the table when setting out food and drink buffet style.

I agree 100%.  Plus, if you look at the youtube video of Millennium below it appears the PH also lost the large tables that were on the balcony.  I believe most PH occupants have breakfast/lunch at that table. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by jcpc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on the Summit in January of next year. Hitting a couple of islands we have never been too. Very excited for the trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got 4 PHs booked on Summit, and I am NOT pleased with what I'm seeing.

 

No one seems to know if the Butler's Pantry will survive.

That table is butt ugly.

The color scheme, or lack thereof, is awful.

 

Kelly Hoppen sold Celebrity a bill of goods.  She is laughing all the way to the bank.

 

My dreams of achieving Zenith status are quickly fading.  I don't think I could sleep in those DRAB surroundings.  I'll let you know as I release my penthouses so anyone interested can jump on them....

 

VERY disappointing for me....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be following this thread as we are returning to Celebrity and Summit! Excited!

Last time in 2015 she did show some wear and tear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Olive1950 said:

I've got 4 PHs booked on Summit, and I am NOT pleased with what I'm seeing.

 

No one seems to know if the Butler's Pantry will survive.

That table is butt ugly.

The color scheme, or lack thereof, is awful.

 

Kelly Hoppen sold Celebrity a bill of goods.  She is laughing all the way to the bank.

 

My dreams of achieving Zenith status are quickly fading.  I don't think I could sleep in those DRAB surroundings.  I'll let you know as I release my penthouses so anyone interested can jump on them....

 

VERY disappointing for me....

 

Bye.....    show your disapproval by finding a cruise line you enjoy more.

 

I personally love the new look and prefer it to the dark wood look of 20 years ago.   We all have our own preferences.    While no one has answered your question of the Pantry I can only assume it is still there because it still shows on the footprint of the room plan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jcpc said:

I agree 100%.  Plus, if you look at the youtube video of Millennium below it appears the PH also lost the large tables that were on the balcony.  I believe most PH occupants have breakfast/lunch at that table. 

 

 

 

 

 

Where are you seeing that? I see a large rectangular table on each balcony. Looks like they could accommodate 6-8 chairs each. The tables that were there before were round and could accommodate 6 chairs, but really only 4 for eating comfortably without crowding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well, if those renderings or whatever they are of the penthouse are accurate, I predict lots of cancellations.  At least from folks who know better and have sailed in those PHs before.  Looks like no storage in MBR which used to have more storage than one could figure out how to use.  I get that Ms. Hoppen is anti-drawer, but that doesn't mean the rest of the world is.  A bench at the DR table???  First of all, it does not appear to be close enough to the table to be able to dine comfortably.  My guess would be that the table would be too heavy to move.  The chairs are ugly and look uncomfortable.  Also, people who book the PH entertain.  In my experience, it has been very useful for all to be able to walk all around the table when setting out food and drink buffet style.

 

If you look at the bedroom rendering again you'll see that while they have removed the big cabinets on either side of the bed, they have redone the closet so that there are shelves. It was just a hanging closet before with one long shelf above. Also, this rendering is not showing anything of the closet/dressing area between the bedroom and bathroom. So I'm sure there is still plenty of storage left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...