Cruise Critic Community
ginaf

Livorno ..does ncl offer shuttle to city center

Hi

we are sailing in July on the Epuc and I’m looking to book viator transfer to Florence.  Is there a free shuttle offered by ncl  to city center to get us to bus departure ? Thanks 

Years ago when I was there on NCL there was a shuttle but it wasn't free.  I can't remember if it was $5 or $10 per passenger.  I'm sure someone with more recent experience will chime in.

2 hours ago, ginaf said:

Hi

we are sailing in July on the Epuc and I’m looking to book viator transfer to Florence.  Is there a free shuttle offered by ncl  to city center to get us to bus departure ? Thanks 

When we docked in Livorno there was a shuttle that took you to Piazza Grande in the city center. It was not free and, unfortunately, I cannot recall the price (it was minimal).  

We just did an MSC cruise in December and stopped in Livorno. They also, like the other cruise lines, offer a shuttle to the city center, and like the others, it wasn't free.

Is anything free these days from the cruise lines?

Cheers

Len

Yes NCL do have a shuttle and chargable.  They also do a shuttle to the train station so make sure you get the correct one 🙂.  The first time I went it was quite hectic figuring out where to buy the ticket and which queue to get in.    Some cruise lines  occasionally dock closer to the centre (easy walking distance) but each time I've been on Epic it's always the further one.

On 2/15/2019 at 11:46 AM, ginaf said:

Hi

I am rarely keen on using the ship tours, Florence is one city I did go with NCL - and I think I might do it again if I was visiting Florence.  For Pisa and Lucca we have been happy to use the train.  We used a private van when we did a wine tasting.  

My issue is that using the shuttle to get to the town centre to then get your shuttle to Florence...  and having to do that on the way back to make sure that you don't miss the last shuttle back to the ship, is all very time consuming. 

Florence is a long way from Livorno and time is precious in that beautiful city.    I just think that by getting on the bus at the port and going directly to Florence optimises your Thursday.  JMHO

Viator is a third party operator

I'd look through this board for one of the well recommended tour operators who will pick you up from pier

if you don't want to get a group together yourself some offer seats on bus on individual basis

On 3/17/2019 at 6:42 AM, Travelicious said:

I suspect Viator uses this bus, which you can also book direct for a bit cheaper:

http://www.tuscanybus.com/florence/

I have used TuscanyBus to Florence for 30€ from the town plaza. NCL charged $15 for the shuttle to and from town. This was in September 2017.