Port Everglades Parking

Moerin78

It generally depends on a couple of things; especially how many ships are in port on the day you sail; the more ships, the more likely it might close.  We have seen the mid-port garage closed at around 1pm for being full when there were 7 ships in port and all the terminals around that garage were in use.  When we've arrived between 1030am and 11am we've always found parking in that particular garage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moerin78 said:

If we want to park in the garage right at the port what time should we arrive?  Does it ever fill up?  We don’t want to have to scramble to find somewhere else to park.  

Thanjs

We arrange to stay in a nearby hotel with a shuttle to the port.   We find the night at the hotel and shuttle cost are not much more than parking at the port.   Our car stays there for the duration of the cruise.

Most of the people disembarking are leaving the garage between 8:00 and 10:00.  When we park in the garage (for 7 day cruises) we arrive around 10:30 and haven't had any problem finding a space.  But for longer cruises we use Park'N'Go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rkacruiser said:

For Port Everglades garage parking, I try to arrive in the time frame of 10:30-11:15 and have never had any problems regardless of the number of ships in port.

Same here.  Even when we've arrived later there were always parking spaces.  

2 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I try to arrive in the time frame of 10:30-11:15 and have never had any problems regardless of the number of ships in port.

The more ships in port, the more disembarking people will be leaving before 10:00, opening up more spaces! :classic_smile:

12 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

You may want to look into Park n Fly at Port Everglades....You can make a reservation and the shuttle back and forth is a breeze.  Curbside service at the parking lot and at cruise terminal. Both ways.

We used it in January.

I'm a little confused - with a name like Park n Fly would it only serve the airport? If it does serve Port Everglades, is it valet parking or can customers park their own vehicle?

1 minute ago, daisy-mae said:

I'm a little confused - with a name like Park n Fly would it only serve the airport? If it does serve Port Everglades, is it valet parking or can customers park their own vehicle?

Park n Fly also applies to cruises also, despite the name.  We stayed at Hyatt Place most recently under the Park n Fly package.  We parked our own car in their lot for a week without charge and stayed overnight prior to the cruise.  Other hotels which are part of this program may have valet parking.  The hotel had a shuttle to the port the next morning, but we didn't use it because we wanted to get to the port earlier than their shuttle arranged for us.

Park N Go Ft. Lauderdale Cruise.   As opposed to Ft. Lauderdale Airport. Used them 3 times.  Just excellent.  If you book on line and prepay, there is a nice discount.  Leave your car, immediate shuttle to the ship.  On return, exit cruise ship and shuttle directly to your car.  Cold water and a newspaper given to you on your way out.  

• Like 1

The official name of the place we used is:  Park n Fly, Ft Lauderdale Cruise, 2200 NE 7th Ave., Dania Beach, FL....You can look them up at the Park N Fly website and see they have 2 locations in Ft Lauderdale (one for the airport and another one for the cruise port).

I like it that I can reserve a spot prior and the shuttle (to ship and back) service is easy.

They have a "frequent parker" program that's good at all their nationwide locations so I was able to snag free parking w/a reservation for the cruise because we use the Park N Fly at our home airport.