! LIVE! from Adventure of the Seas, February 16, 2019 - 8 nights

ckrobyn

1 minute ago, happychickpa said:

Does Adventure have a Starbucks and if so is it included in the beverage package?  Thanks

No Starbucks on Adventure and on ships that have one it is not included in the package. But you can get specialty type coffees at the Cafe Promenade located on the Royal Promenade and it is included in the package. It opens at 6 AM.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

No Starbucks on Adventure and on ships that have one it is not included in the package. But you can get specialty type coffees at the Cafe Promenade located on the Royal Promenade and it is included in the package. It opens at 6 AM.

We were on Adventure last March, two weeks after the refurb. The coffee stand near Ben and Jerry's had a Starbucks sign posted so I assume they were serving Starbuck's coffee.

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Oosterdam is in front of you docked on its starboard side. They must be doing some sort of port side drill or something like that today.

No one at Terminal 18 today, I'm surprised we didn't use it.

9 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We were on Adventure last March, two weeks after the refurb. The coffee stand near Ben and Jerry's had a Starbucks sign posted so I assume they were serving Starbuck's coffee.

They may use Starbucks beans, but it's not a licensed Starbucks venue, so drink packages can be used there.

15 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Is Ken Jones the current Cruise Director. On the CD thread it says he got on in December and be there for 2 or 4 months and then possibly Drew Devine would be taking over. Is Ken still there? When will he be leaving and who will be replacing him?

Yes, Ken Jones is the CD now.  Don't know his schedule.

1 hour ago, ckrobyn said:

Our ride to the port is scheduled for 9:45AM, so time for coffee and a shower, and hopefully some breakfast too 😀

That is the same time as they plan to do the B2B process.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Pretty much the same for me too John. Posting on my live thread this past week was easier with CC web version. With the Tapatalk log out issues it was turning into a pain to post. 

All ready to follow along! 

I dont think Tapatalk has the like button

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckrobyn said:

Okay, here we go!

Good morning everyone, thanks for joining me on my 8 night Adventure of the Seas cruise! There are some good reasons to be excited about this cruise, not the least of which is that I escaped the Canadian polar vortex, the first few months of the year have been absolutely nuts at the office, and well..... it’s just that time again 👍🏻

I see many of my favourite CC posters have already shown up here, and I’m looking forward to chatting with everyone over the next 8 days.

As you all know by now, Bob is also on this cruise, and at 3pm we will be clinking glass by the pool bar - really looking forward to meeting the nicest, and most helpful guy on CC 😀

I am sailing with a good friend on this cruise, I left everyone at home this time. We have solo Promenade cabins on deck 7. I’m happy to take pictures, if anyone out there is curious about PR cabins? I know firsthand that the beds are hard, and so I picked this up for $13.49 at Walmart last night- not taking chances on a sore back!

912650AC-8817-42B3-BDD5-455323645EFA.thumb.jpeg.684695be389b981598615ae377b15eba.jpeg

I thought you used an air mattress

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Oosterdam is in front of you docked on its starboard side. They must be doing some sort of port side drill or something like that today.

Thank you for the update. Good to know my GPS is fully operational 😉

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I thought you used an air mattress

Good catch. 

I have my air mattress with me as well. When I saw the egg crate in Walmart it was a no brainer for $13.49 and I don’t have to blow it up!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

Here’s the funny thing, I know your wife’s name, and your son is Owen, but can you please remind me your name? This vacation brain fog is hitting hard lol emoji23.png

Thanks for the good wishes, I can’t wait to be onboard in a few hours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you and Andrew are almost neighbours but you can't remember his  name, it sure does seem like vacation brain fog. Have a great cruise, looking forward to following along with you.

• Haha 1