! LIVE! from Adventure of the Seas, February 16, 2019 - 8 nights

ckrobyn

3 minutes ago, The Sunset Glow said:

Following along as we’ll be on Adventure for the 12 night repo May 5th. First time on adventure but we love voyager class ships. 

If any of you on board have the coffee card I’d be interested to know if they stamp one or twice for a large. 

I have the Royal Refreshment package, but I’m happy to find out for you.

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Speaking of Cape Cod, the first few years of my life occurred on Nantucket. I am a true island boy.

Love it! My boyfriend and I are from right across the bridge (Wareham area). Looking forward to following along on this live, as we sail in April on the same itinerary! 

Good Morning!

** Last night the clocks went forward one hour**

The comedian was very good, I’m glad I went even though I was really tired. The motion of the ocean does it to me every time. I slept really well in my very comfy, ultra-mattress padded, egg crate covered, bed 😃

I’m off to grab a coffee and find a seat by the pool.... which is where you’ll find me all day 😎

15 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

Just back from our informal meet up at the Pool Bar. Great turnout, it was nice to put faces to names 😃

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Bob (Clarea) and his lovely wife. It’s always nice when the person you have known online for many years is exactly as they present themselves - warm and friendly!

Muster is at 4:30pm, and sailaway is at 5:30pm.

Looking forward to a great 8 night cruise!

That's good to know that the most helpful person on here is so genuine and friendly.

Hope you enjoy your cruise and thanks for taking the time to share with everyone on here.

Graham & Pauline.

6 minutes ago, macbasset said:

Any concerns about violence and rioting spreading in Haiti?  Just wondering if that would affect stopping in Labadee. 

I actually hadn’t heard anything about it until my husband messaged me the same thing?

No, there has been nothing mentioned onboard that I am aware of.... I am sorry there is unrest in Haiti, but selfishly I wanna go to Labadee!!!!! 

Has a cruise ever diverted because of the unrest? Anyone know?

Edited by ckrobyn
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

I actually hadn’t heard anything about it until my husband messaged me the same thing?

No, there has been nothing mentioned onboard that I am aware of.... I am sorry there is unrest in Haiti, but selfishly I wanna go to Labadee!!!!! 

A few years back, before they built dock in Labadee, you had to tender onto Labadee and tender boats were operated by local Haitians. There was talk that some of the Haitians concerned about losing their income with the new pier had planned to hold a ship or passengers to protest this situation. The cruise we were on suddenly diverted from stopping there.  That’s why I am concerned about all this spreading violence.  My friend, a medical missionary, had difficulty getting out just a couple days ago. 

13 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

We've missed it twice because of what they called 'unrest' but it was a few years ago.

10 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

Never heard of that one.

It's actually good for you, one of my favorite drinks on a cruise.

Is cranberry juice and vodka good for you?
Vodka is a low calorie alcohol choice and cranberry juice touts serious health perks; put them together and you've got one tasty drink. Cranberry juice helps fight off cardiovascular diseases, works as an anti-inflammatory in the body, and can even help improve skin.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ckrobyn said:

Good Morning!

** Last night the clocks went forward one hour**

The comedian was very good, I’m glad I went even though I was really tired. The motion of the ocean does it to me every time. I slept really well in my very comfy, ultra-mattress padded, egg crate covered, bed 😃

I’m off to grab a coffee and find a seat by the pool.... which is where you’ll find me all day 😎

Wondering why the clocks changes? 🤔