! LIVE! from Adventure of the Seas, February 16, 2019 - 8 nights

ckrobyn

Robyn, we checked the DL around 6:15pm last night hoping to catch you.  Maybe we will have better luck next time.  Very nice meeting you, and we will have to work on the shy one to get a group cruise going.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Swank Pad G said:

As google shows many apps, I was asking which app they were using as their preference. I wasn't asking for your snarky comment.

I wasn't trying to be snarky. CC prohibits users from referencing other websites in their posts. That's probably why OB didn't respond to your question. I'm sure you will find a site/app to your liking. My apologies otherwise.  

3 minutes ago, Johnamac123 said:

I wasn't trying to be snarky. CC prohibits users from referencing other websites in their posts. That's probably why OB didn't respond to your question. I'm sure you will find a site/app to your liking. My apologies otherwise.  

Thank you for your reply. That CC policy is good to know as I'm fairly new to CC and trying to learn as many things as I can to help me be an informed traveler and cruiser. I was able to find an app. Not sure if it's the best one, but it is fun to see where the ships are and see all the traffic around them. I remember on our last cruise seeing a ship off in the distance at night and wondering what ship is that?

1 minute ago, Swank Pad G said:

Thank you for your reply. That CC policy is good to know as I'm fairly new to CC and trying to learn as many things as I can to help me be an informed traveler and cruiser. I was able to find an app. Not sure if it's the best one, but it is fun to see where the ships are and see all the traffic around them. I remember on our last cruise seeing a ship off in the distance at night and wondering what ship is that?

I assumed as much with a 40+ post count. Yes, it is great to see who else is out there close by. If you are using the same app I am, you can set up a fleet of a few ships to follow quickly and easily at no cost. 

You can appreciate why cruisers like CKRobyn refer to Ocean Boy as the human GPS...

4 minutes ago, Johnamac123 said:

You can appreciate why cruisers like CKRobyn refer to Ocean Boy as the human GPS...

Being still a newbie, I am kind of confused about what OB was all about. I'm still learning thanks for your input.

1 hour ago, Johnamac123 said:

Sweet. Hey Robyn, did you use Luggage Valet? If so, how did it affect your flight change, if any. I would assume not at all

My guess is that it WOULD be affected. It's been a while since I used luggage valet but if I remember correctly, you give them your flight information (flight # and final destination) on the ship and after customs you never see your luggage again until you get home. Her original flight was scheduled to depart at 9:00 on flight #???. My assumption is that her luggage would be on that flight as originally scheduled.

21 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

My guess is that it WOULD be affected. It's been a while since I used luggage valet but if I remember correctly, you give them your flight information (flight # and final destination) on the ship and after customs you never see your luggage again until you get home. Her original flight was scheduled to depart at 9:00 on flight #???. My assumption is that her luggage would be on that flight as originally scheduled.

My understanding of the luggage valet service is you put your bags outside your stateroom on the last night of the cruise, and the next time you see them is at your destination airport. The cruise line arranges to transport the bags to the airport for you

Edited by davekathy

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

My understanding of the luggage valet service is you put your bags outside your stateroom on the last night of the cruise, and the next time you see them is at your destination airport. The cruise line arranges to transport the bags to the airport for you

We used Luggage Valet several years ago when it was still available in San Juan. If I remember correctly, we still had to claim our luggage in the cruise terminal so that we had it with us to clear customs. Once through customs, we never saw it again until we got home.

28 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Just a WAG here, but I'm sure she wasn't the only person to change from a 9:00pm flight to an earlier one. Once her luggage is at the airport it has to be stored somewhere where it could be located until it is ready to be loaded. Maybe Robyn could respond when she lands where ever her first leg ends.... 

I agree, I'm sure it is stored somewhere until it is ready to be loaded on a plane. The problem I see is, it would be stored with a tag that says flight #??? departing at 9:00. Robyn (or anyone else) would have to locate baggage people, have them find HER luggage among all the others, and then retag it for an earlier flight. I'm not sure how all that would work.

16 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We used Luggage Valet several years ago when it was still available in San Juan. If I remember correctly, we still had to claim our luggage in the cruise terminal so that we had it with us to clear customs. Once through customs, we never saw it again until we got home.

Currently different stateside. 

Edited by davekathy

1 minute ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I agree, I'm sure it is stored somewhere until it is ready to be loaded on a plane. The problem I see is, it would be stored with a tag that says flight #??? departing at 9:00. Robyn (or anyone else) would have to locate baggage people, have them find HER luggage among all the others, and then retag it for an earlier flight. I'm not sure how all that would work.

Think of how many times that happens each day on every airline all of the country/world. They've got a process, believe me. 

3 hours ago, Swank Pad G said:

Don't know what site you found but I'm pretty sure it is OK to mention marinetraffic.com.  It is not exactly a competing site.....:classic_rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We'll be flying out of FLL after our cruise in 2 weeks. Can you please tell me how it's different? We're considering using it.

We used luggage valet on our Indy cruise a few years ago. It was great because we didn't have to worry about our bags. When we got to the SW counter at FLL, our bags were waiting and they just needed flight info to tag them correctly.

4 minutes ago, Septemberbride07 said:

We used luggage valet on our Indy cruise a few years ago. It was great because we didn't have to worry about our bags. When we got to the SW counter at FLL, our bags were waiting and they just needed flight info to tag them correctly.

So, your bags didn't need to be with you when you went through customs?