Navigator Questions

My family is sailing on the NOS in March and I have a couple of questions. We are on our 6th cruise but our first RCCL:

When we were on the Sapphire Princess they had 2 movies in the main theatre each day. Always popular new release movies. Will they also have that on the Navigator?

How is the basketball court on the NOS? When on Celebrity it was very, very windy. The court looks great in the pictures. Do they have any organized team basketball games?

I have seen a post or 2 that made me feel like the climbing wall was hard to get reservations for? Any experience there?

My son loves to rollerblade. Do we need to bring skates for the roller blade track? I hate to think about draggin them across the country (bulky and heavy).

I know they have an arcade with pay games, but it looks like they also have a room with playstation games or something like that. Anyone have any details?

Will they have Escargot available for dinner one evening? (My family loves Escargot)

Is it hard to get seats in the theatre for the shows? On Celebrity we never had a problem. On Princess we had to get there 20-30 minutes early if we wanted to sit. Especially if we all 6 wanted to sit together.

Any details on rules for the Teen Disco would be appreciated. Hours, alcohol availability, ship supervision etc... I will have 2 17 yo girls with us.

Thanks Cruise Critics for your help.

My family is sailing on the NOS in March and I have a couple of questions. We are on our 6th cruise but our first RCCL:

When we were on the Sapphire Princess they had 2 movies in the main theatre each day. Always popular new release movies. Will they also have that on the Navigator?

How is the basketball court on the NOS? When on Celebrity it was very, very windy. The court looks great in the pictures. Do they have any organized team basketball games?

I have seen a post or 2 that made me feel like the climbing wall was hard to get reservations for? Any experience there?

My son loves to rollerblade. Do we need to bring skates for the roller blade track? I hate to think about draggin them across the country (bulky and heavy).

I know they have an arcade with pay games, but it looks like they also have a room with playstation games or something like that. Anyone have any details?

Will they have Escargot available for dinner one evening? (My family loves Escargot)

Is it hard to get seats in the theatre for the shows? On Celebrity we never had a problem. On Princess we had to get there 20-30 minutes early if we wanted to sit. Especially if we all 6 wanted to sit together.

Any details on rules for the Teen Disco would be appreciated. Hours, alcohol availability, ship supervision etc... I will have 2 17 yo girls with us.

Thanks Cruise Critics for your help.

I do not recall first run movies being shown on Navigator..or a movie theater to show them in (maybe I missed it??) Only ship I personally have seen this on so far is Disney ships.

My husband said that he played a few short games of basketball..and a few free shot only hours too. They had competitions on other ships I have been on...but he didnt see that on our cruise on NOS..just a few small games.

Rock climbing wall... he did need a reservation, but out of a sold out ship, he was able to go 2 times... so I dont see why this would be an issue to get a reservation.

I dont recall seeing escargot on menu, but I wasnt REALLY looking for it, and could have missed it.

We loved the arcade. Largest I have seen on a ship and lots of selection of games. Always packed. I didnt see a playstation room though..however, it could be within the kids area..and we didnt go in that area.

Not an issue at all getting seats in theater..it has two tiers.. but common sense tells you not to get there at last minute, ya know?

No info on teen club, sorry!!!

Have a blast!! Its one of RCI's BEST ships, IMO!!

Hope to see her in port when I sail Legend of Seas March 11-18!!

DH & I were on NOS in September. Here's some info.:

1. YES. There is a movie theatre onboard-small (about 30 seats) and it showed a new movie daily (I believe 2x/day). There was no concessions so if you want a snack, grab it before you head to movie.

2. Basketball-although my DH didn't play any, I did happen to notice a couple of '3 on 3' type of games posted. Also free play. Area around basketball court (sports deck) is a bit windy-not sure about directly on court.

3. Rock climbing-make sure you get reservations ASAP to ensure you get a chance to climb.

4. Rollerblading-ship has them...no need to bring your own.

5. Not sure about the PS Games. My DH & I did visit the arcade which had quite a number of games. Possibly the PS Games are in the 'child/parent' only area of the ship.

6. Escargot-did notice it one night on the appetizer menu.

7. No problem w/getting seats for any of the shows (with the exception of the Ice Show & I would arrive early if you want front row seats).

8. No info. on teen disco-we went w/o kids.

Anymore info that you need, let me know. We were on the Western Carr.

On deck two is the Screening room, this is a small movie theater that seats 50 to 100 people. We viewed two movies there during a seven day cruise. They also showed movies on the in-room TV. The movies were newer releases; maybe recently shown at a local theater but not yet released to video.

Basketball court always seemed to have activities. I know they had a family team game one night, and a few other scheduled small games. Most people used it for free throws.

We never had a problem with the rock wall. We didn't necessarily have to have reservations but in each time slot they can only assist a certain number of individuals so they did have you put your name on a list and then it went from there. The daily newspapers keep you informed of times to sign up and climb. Parents must sign a daily form allowing anyone under 18 to climb.

I'm not positive about the playstation games as my daughter is not into that. If it was available it would have been in the teen center which is not open to adults are anyone over 16. Most of the teen events end with this age as most of the 17 and up crowd prefer to participate in adult activities. Things may have changed so this isn't gospel. Arcade was open to anyone and the cost was $1.00 to $2.00 per game and was applied to your seapass card.

Roller blades were available for use on the ship. You must have on socks and long pants. Small skate course that is somewhat of a challenge.

Escargot was served on the first formal night and was delicious.

The shows on RCI are usually phenomenal so the main show lounge does get packed. We usually arrive 15 minutes before in order to get sufficient seating. Almost every seat was a good seat in this lounge.

Teen disco the girls may be able to participate if they allow the 17yr olds. Not sure as each ship is a little different. I know they held a few late into the evening ( midnight ) . Teen curfew on the ship was midnight or one am. Advisors are in the teen area most of the time. Alcohol was not available to them at all. In fact they punch a hole in their seapass card so that they are readily identified as under age.

Have fun. We loved the ship.

Teens are thru age 17. No alcohol at all in teen areas. Teens will have their room keys punched with two holes. This means that they will not be allowed into adult disco or served alcohol anywhere on the ship. Of course, this does not stop them from getting someone else to purchase alcohol for them.

Thanks for the responses. I was mainly worried about alcohol because i didn't want my daughter to be around drunk teen boys. She is not a partyer (no, I am not just a naive father) and frankly I'm afraid can be naive herself about such things.

This sounds like the perfect ship for my family of teens and pre-teens.

Thanks for the responses. I was mainly worried about alcohol because i didn't want my daughter to be around drunk teen boys. She is not a partyer (no, I am not just a naive father) and frankly I'm afraid can be naive herself about such things.

You are exactly right, it is the perfect ship for your family, with something for everyone to do. Enjoy! :)

While they are not served some do get their hands on it. It depends on the kids that happen to be on your ship and how well a job there parents have done and will do supervising their kids. Set some rules like NEVER go with anyone into areas where there a not a lot of people like cabin halls, etc with people you do not know personally. Whether it is 5 or 50 of them on your ship there are parents who consider themselves on vacation and let their kids run free. A good walkie-talkie is a good idea to keep in touch.

Also, on many cruises there are the kids that think laying down in the elevator, punching all the buttons, running down halls banging on doors, and in very rare cases doing damage, is cool. Know where she is and what she it doing to keep here away from this element.

If she uses here head and you monitor the situation everything will be fine. On our family reunion cruise our 13 yo granddaughter was along. She had a great time.

The rock wall is no problem. We were on a full ship and our family had no problem going when they wanted to. You do not need reservations per se. You need to go there when they are open and sign up. You will have to wiat a while. Not sure there arePS on board but there are computers with games. They are in the teen and Adventure Ocean area.

Enjoy!

Archived