I just cancelled 3 booked cruises...

14 hours ago, clean1owner said:

I'm jealous!

Just means you’ll have to travel to BCN and take a cruise! 😉

14 hours ago, mugtech said:

You are very fortunate to be able to visit all the Gaudi buildings and some great art museums, including some great Picasso.

I know! It’s ridiculously crazy. I’m so excited. I’m heading back over to BCN in a few weeks (for work again), and it’s going to be so exciting looking at the city from the perspective of someone who will be moving there in a few months! 

2 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

I live in the Tampa area... UGH.  I would rather live in the Barcelona area.  Enjoy your new home on the Mediterranean. 

I live in the Tampa area, too! Whooo, Tampa. But I’m ready to leave. 😛 Thank you very much for the well wishes. 

43 minutes ago, m@rm@r said:

Congratulations!! Barcellona is a very beautiful city....Parc Guell is fantastic. Have fun in your new home 🙂

Thank you so much! I absolutely adore the city, and look forward to exploring the rest of Spain/Europe. 

32 minutes ago, gatour said:

Congrats on the job relocation.  I fell in love with Barcelona the first time we cruised out of their.  For our first cruise out of Barcelona we arrived three days early.  The main idea was to get our internal clocks adjusted.  However we loved touring the city.  Post cruise, I had booked a hotel room near the airport for one night (afraid of not making the one an only Delta flight of the day on day of disembarkation).  The plan was just going to be to hangout at the hotel for the day.  However, when we got to the hotel, they had a shuttle that would run you into the city.  We looked at each, quickly dropped off our luggage in the room, and made a beeline to the shuttle.  We then spent the day trying out different tapa's bars

Our second Med cruise we did the same thing, except post cruise we stayed right on Las Ramblas. 

Thank you so much! I love Las Ramblas. Being right there in all of the action is incredible! And the night life! And free tapas with the purchase of alcohol! Ahhhhh. 

19 minutes ago, jascruise said:

I assume the bear had to get medical clearance?

Well, duah. That only makes sense, now. 😉 

7 minutes ago, LBumb said:

Wow very exciting. 

Yes, for sure! Such excite. Much anticipation. 

2 hours ago, Megtheblackbelt said:

Just means you’ll have to travel to BCN and take a cruise! 😉

Did that 3 years ago, when my daughter was studying abroad in Barcelona. Stayed in an apartment 1/2 block from Las Ramblas, and spent 3 days touring the city. Then took a 7 night Med cruise on Norwegian Epic.

That is why I am jealous. Wish I was there again!

Edited by clean1owner

1 hour ago, clean1owner said:

Did that 3 years ago, when my daughter was studying abroad in Barcelona. Stayed in an apartment 1/2 block from Las Ramblas, and spent 3 days touring the city. Then took a 7 night Med cruise on Norwegian Epic.

That is why I am jealous. Wish I was there again!

Ahhhh, makes sense. How was the Epic? I’ve been thinking about giving NCL a try. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Pam said:

Congrats!  I have been to Barcelona a few times and it is one of my fav cities.  TAPAS in Las Ramblas and evenings (they dine and party very very late) on the Boardwalk.  Enjoy!

Thank you so much! It’s truly a magical city. Can’t wait to call it home. 😍

2 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Um, so freaking exciting!! You’ve gotta start with Med cruises; they’re the best, and so many leave from Barcelona! Can’t wait to read all of your European cruise blogs! And congratulations on the promotion and relo package!

Ahhhhh, thank you so much! We’re so stoked to sail the Med and to have the BCN port within walking distance! I really want to see the Vatican, so I think we may start off our EU traveling by land, but I see that Pompei is a super popular port and I really wanna go there toooo, so i think our first cruise in EU will have that. But to be honest, whatever. It’s all Europe! 😛 

On 2/15/2019 at 12:15 PM, Megtheblackbelt said:

...but it’s only because I’m moving to Spain in a few months (from Florida!). Which means - European cruises (without the additive flight costs), here I come! 

My new apartment will be ~30 minutes from the Barcelona port. I’m just excited. Bear with me. 

Way to go. Love Spain and Barcelona! Enjoy!

On 2/15/2019 at 10:15 AM, Megtheblackbelt said:

...but it’s only because I’m moving to Spain in a few months (from Florida!). Which means - European cruises (without the additive flight costs), here I come! 

My new apartment will be ~30 minutes from the Barcelona port. I’m just excited. Bear with me. 

That is fantastic.  Barcelona is a great place ... but I've only been there for a few days.  Have a ball ... 

1 hour ago, motheroftwocats814 said:

Way to go. Love Spain and Barcelona! Enjoy!

Thanks so much! I sure will enjoy. 🙂

1 hour ago, CruiseGal999 said:

That is fantastic.  Barcelona is a great place ... but I've only been there for a few days.  Have a ball ... 

You should go baaaaaack! Thank you for the well wishes. 🙂

30 minutes ago, clean1owner said:

Lets try this again 

Alright, I just dropped everything and read the entirety of the review. I hope Esther's head and knee are doing OK by now (yeno... 2.5 years later :P). Great review, by the way. Seems like some of your pain points I would share, and some things you celebrated about the ship/experience would be similar sentiments to what I would feel as well. Thank you for sharing!

On 2/16/2019 at 6:57 AM, Mikew0805 said:

I live in the Tampa area... UGH.  I would rather live in the Barcelona area.  Enjoy your new home on the Mediterranean. 

I live in the Cincinnati area...UGH.  I would rather live in the Tampa area.  :classic_biggrin:  

OP...congrats on the promotion and relocation.  Between cruises and cheap flights, I can see all of your upcoming weekends fully booked.  Our cruise out of Barcelona was our favorite.  Our daughter will be moving to Madrid this fall and we're excited about visiting.  May need to take a side trip to see Barcelona again.

13 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I live in the Cincinnati area...UGH.  I would rather live in the Tampa area.  :classic_biggrin:  

OP...congrats on the promotion and relocation.  Between cruises and cheap flights, I can see all of your upcoming weekends fully booked.  Our cruise out of Barcelona was our favorite.  Our daughter will be moving to Madrid this fall and we're excited about visiting.  May need to take a side trip to see Barcelona again.

Our daughter is moving to Madrid too!