Ocean Blue and UDP

kskelley40

• 1 month later...

Finally saw someone posted pictures of the new Ocean Blue menu. This one is actually from the Escape (Bayamo), but it's exactly the same as the one we had on the Bliss in February. It shows the upcharge over the SDP like I described:

• Like 2

On 2/15/2019 at 7:05 PM, Partyatsea said:

We got off the Breakaway on Feb. 7th and used one of our SDP credits at Ocean Blu with the $12 upcharge per person.

We had shrimp cocktail and the surf and turf (filet & Maine lobster tail) and paid nothing additional. We were celebrating a birthday and the food and service could not have been better. By far the best meal we had the entire cruise.

Maybe it varies from ship to ship.

Just got off the Escape and was surprised to see the additional upcharge for lobster and shrimp, on top of the upcharge for the restaurant.  When I inquired, they informed me that the change was made two months ago.  Your Feb. cruise was probably before the change in the menu was made.

On 2/20/2019 at 5:13 PM, FLAHAM said:

Has no relation to the seafood restaurant's menu on the Escape.

yes, the Escape menu has changed as well.  I just got off Sunday and was very disappointed to see the additional charge on top of the upcharge for the restaurant.

Also, on the Escape 3 weeks ago, you could not get unlimited apps.  You were restricted to 1 app OR 1 soup OR one Salad.  Limited to only 2 sides.   The manager confirmed this.  He said you can get more but you will be charged a la carte.  We did order a soup and an App but we were not charged for the soup.  Not sure if it was because we complained.  

7 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

am still totally confused: If one has the UDP and isn't going to order Lobster and Shrimp is there still an up charge or can you use one of your dinners for Ocean Blue with no additional charge? 

Yes, there is an upcharge of $10 plus $2 service charge to eat at Ocean Blue or Bayamo on the dining plan.   If you want the surf and turf there is an additional upcharge of $10 and if you want the shrimp app there is an upcharge of $4.95.  YOu are limited to One APP OR One Soup OR one salad, One Entree, Two sides and one dessert.  

2 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

am still totally confused: If one has the UDP and isn't going to order Lobster and Shrimp is there still an up charge or can you use one of your dinners for Ocean Blue with no additional charge? 

As @Paphillyguy said, there is still the overall $12 upcharge ($10+$2) to eat at Bayamo/Ocean Blue while using one of your specialty dining credits. On top of that, there is an additional upcharge for specific items as noted on the menu.

Now that I’ve gotten to take a look at the menu, it is pretty different from the one that I’ve seen for the Breakaway/Getaway, so hopefully for me that is just the Escape/Bliss Bayamo/Ocean Blue menu, and Bretaway keeps the original one. Guess I’ll know next week!

On 4/2/2019 at 9:30 AM, Paphillyguy said:

Yes, there is an upcharge of $10 plus $2 service charge to eat at Ocean Blue or Bayamo on the dining plan.   If you want the surf and turf there is an additional upcharge of $10 and if you want the shrimp app there is an upcharge of $4.95.  YOu are limited to One APP OR One Soup OR one salad, One Entree, Two sides and one dessert.  

ok, thanks so much. I knew about the shrimp cocktail charge and when we did the Breakaway 2 years ago it wasn't part of the UDP period. that is why I was confused. Of course I am often confused. 😉  Now I understand. I still think we will give Ocean Blue a shot 

22 hours ago, tomservo said:

Now that I’ve gotten to take a look at the menu, it is pretty different from the one that I’ve seen for the Breakaway/Getaway, so hopefully for me that is just the Escape/Bliss Bayamo/Ocean Blue menu, and Bretaway keeps the original one. Guess I’ll know next week!

We were not impressed with the new Bayamo menu.  Will not be eating there again.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Paphillyguy said:

We were not impressed with the new Bayamo menu.  Will not be eating there again.  

Yeah it looks ok, not super impressed by the menu. Not sure it's even worth the upcharge. What did you have there?

We both had the Clam Chowder.  It was decent not excellent not many clams.  I had the blazing shrimp which was very good.  My partner had the Crab Cake and said they were good but Cagney's was better.  I had the Asian Snapper and it was ok but the dinner in the Haven was better.  My partner had the salmon and thought it was good.  We had the fries, vegs and lobster mac and cheese.  very small sides.  I did not feel it was worth the up charge that is for sure.  Also, it was not very busy.  Many empty tables at 7 pm on Sat night

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2019 at 1:58 PM, tomservo said:

Yes, please post a current menu if you can. I’m on the Breakaway in 46 days and would love to know. My 13 year old son also is obsessed with crab legs, so I am also hoping they still have those. 

Thanks!!