Ice Bars and Paper Straws

IWannaGetAway

Just off the Breakaway from 1/27/19 cruise.  Great ship, I met wonderful people, but I just had to comment about a couple of observations that do not make sense to me.

Ice Bar

Don't get it.   Why would I pay so much money to get away from the cold in order to sit in a bar made of ice in an overcoat to drink in the cold?  If I wanted to drink in the cold, I would have stayed in my back yard! 

Paper Straws

I like the fat paper straws.  I am all for getting rid of as much disposable plastic as possible.  But why paper straws in plastic cups?  Don't plastic cups add to the problem too?  Why not paper cups?

Okay. its off my chest now.  Go ahead and flame me.

9 minutes ago, IWannaGetAway said:

Paper Straws

I like the fat paper straws.  I am all for getting rid of as much disposable plastic as possible.  But why paper straws in plastic cups?  Don't plastic cups add to the problem too?  Why not paper cups?

Okay. its off my chest now.  Go ahead and flame me.

No flame here, but plastic cups can be recycled much more easily than plastic straws. Straws are too small to go through most commercial recycling machinery.

However, being as I highly doubt NCL is recycling any of their cups, yes, this is very silly. I am still 100% no plastic straws, but I'd love to see the cups go, too.

2 hours ago, IWannaGetAway said:

Wow.  Do they still sell ovaltine?  Haven't shopped for it lately.  Good question!

Ovaltine:  Good enough for Captain Midnight (and Little Orphan Annie, I believe), good enough for me.