Daniel boulud chefs table on summit

elizabethbp

I am booked on Summit over New Yrs.  I just checked cruise planner and saw they added a chef's table dinner, but labelled it Daniel Boulud Chef's Table, and only  the first night at sea is available.    I have been to his restaurant in NY which is amazing.  Does anyone have any idea  if this dinner will be offered throughout the week ?  

The partnership with that chef was just announced this week. I’m sure it’s much too early for anyone to know any details of scheduling, availability, etc. I’m actually surprised to see that on a planner at this point. I would be VERY surprised if he was there in person.

4 minutes ago, elizabethbp said:

I am booked on Summit over New Yrs.  I just checked cruise planner and saw they added a chef's table dinner, but labelled it Daniel Boulud Chef's Table, and only  the first night at sea is available.    I have been to his restaurant in NY which is amazing.  Does anyone have any idea  if this dinner will be offered throughout the week ?  

Maybe call Captains Club. Ask. How long is the cruise?

Is this a Daniel Boulud inspired menu? Certainly not him in the kitchen--right?

It is not inexpensive, about $135.00 or so a person, and says lasts 2 hours which surprises me as meals at Daniel can be  longer than that.  It is only on the first night.    This is  the New Yr's Cruise from San Juan, just a week.    I doubt he would be present.  

In my opinion, Boulud is probably getting a consulting fee and royalties to lend his name to Luminae and develop menus under his direction. He will probably do a few demonstration cruises and public relations campaigns but don’t count on him to be cooking regularly on board your ship. 

I just checked our New Year's cruise out of Miami and no mention at all of anything to do with him.

It is intriguing (since we have been to a couple of his restaurants - not Daniel - but some of his other ones) and I would be interested in anything he would offer.