New Holland America mobile apps

diegoland

1 hour ago, doone said:

Question on this app, when I download the app, it says you won't be charged anything until you make a purchase, what type of purchase would you make with this app?

In addition to shore excursions you can also make dining reservations at the surcharge restaurants.  As mentioned earlier, you can also sign into your HAL account and view your future bookings and book excursions, packages, dining reservations, etc. just like on the website.  You may even be able to book a future cruise through it but I've not tried doing that.

It's not real obvious how to sign into your HAL account.  If you select "EXPLORE NAVIGATOR", you are presented with a screen with options for "HOME, HAPPENING ONBOARD, SHORE EXCURSIONS, INTERNET PLANS, MORE" horizontally along to bottom (on android smartphones) that are useful while on board.  Clicking on the "VIEW DESTINATIONS" button found in mid screen will open a new page where you will see the menu button (the 3 stacked horizontal lines) in the upper right of the screen.  Selecting that provides access to the familiar "Log In | Register" option seen on the website.  Using your HAL login information, you log into your account here.  There are several screens that will provide access to the feature; you just have to find your way to it.  This needs to be more easily accessed if HAL expects people to use it beyond just as an on board tool.

2 minutes ago, 0bnxshs said:

In addition to shore excursions you can also make dining reservations at the surcharge restaurants.  As mentioned earlier, you can also sign into your HAL account and view your future bookings and book excursions, packages, dining reservations, etc. just like on the website.  You may even be able to book a future cruise through it but I've not tried doing that.

It's not real obvious how to sign into your HAL account.  If you select "EXPLORE NAVIGATOR", you are presented with a screen with options for "HOME, HAPPENING ONBOARD, SHORE EXCURSIONS, INTERNET PLANS, MORE" horizontally along to bottom (on android smartphones) that are useful while on board.  Clicking on the "VIEW DESTINATIONS" button found in mid screen will open a new page where you will see the menu button (the 3 stacked horizontal lines) in the upper right of the screen.  Selecting that provides access to the familiar "Log In | Register" option seen on the website.  Using your HAL login information, you log into your account here.  There are several screens that will provide access to the feature; you just have to find your way to it.  This needs to be more easily accessed if HAL expects people to use it beyond just as an on board tool.

Wow, you can do so much, thanks..

12 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

Worked great on my phone which I took everywhere to take pictures anyway. The instructions are found on the back of the little pocket deck map they give you with your sail cards at check in.

Those instructions are for the onboard intranet webpage version, not the app.

8 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Those instructions are for the onboard intranet webpage version, not the app.

I didn't mean to imply it was since my picture clearly shows the instructions are for onboard use of Navigator, ship wifi, and ship paid internet. I was just trying to be helpful  and reassuring to those getting on a ship soon and relaying how easy it was to start using onboard, even without an app, due to the good instructions they give you on the back of the deck map.  

43 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

I didn't mean to imply it was since my picture clearly shows the instructions are for onboard use of Navigator, ship wifi, and ship paid internet. I was just trying to be helpful  and reassuring to those getting on a ship soon and relaying how easy it was to start using onboard, even without an app, due to the good instructions they give you on the back of the deck map.  

I simply wanted to add some clarification to your helpful post as the thread reflects some confusion over the difference between the app and the intranet webpage.

2 minutes ago, eroller said:

I notice to register for the app your cabin number is required.  I sail next Sunday but still no cabin assignment.  I wonder if it will work without imputing the cabin number?  

Some functions only work once you have registered and are aboard, others work without being registered or aboard. 

5 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Some functions only work once you have registered and are aboard, others work without being registered or aboard. 

I'll just wait until the cabin is assigned to register.  Hopefully that will happen tomorrow.  We sail a week from today so no other cruises before that, meaning this week they should be finalizing everything for my sailing, including any outstanding guarantees that need cabins assigned.  

We are sailing in the next few weeks and I have just downloaded the new app to use while onboard.  I tried to register but it is asking for a "pin". Is that something I create or is it something assigned to me when I am on ship?  When I tried putting in a "pin" of my choosing, I received an error message. So I don't know if I need a HAL pin number or because I am not on ship I can't activate my account.

3 hours ago, UM-Fan said:

We are sailing in the next few weeks and I have just downloaded the new app to use while onboard.  I tried to register but it is asking for a "pin". Is that something I create or is it something assigned to me when I am on ship?  When I tried putting in a "pin" of my choosing, I received an error message. So I don't know if I need a HAL pin number or because I am not on ship I can't activate my account.

The PIN can be your own creation, but the logon is given/suggested by HAL in a special format (initial, family name, room number).  However, you cannot activate your account until onboard.

(However like all I.T. elements, it is a constantly evolving situation and may have changed)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

The PIN can be your own creation, but the logon is given/suggested by HAL in a special format (initial, family name, room number).  However, you cannot activate your account until onboard.

(However like all I.T. elements, it is a constantly evolving situation and may have changed)

Thank you for the information.  The error message I received was "invalid credentials" so I kind of assumed that maybe I needed a pin number assigned to me.  I will wait now until we are onboard to do the full registration.

10 hours ago, UM-Fan said:

Thank you for the information.  The error message I received was "invalid credentials" so I kind of assumed that maybe I needed a pin number assigned to me.  I will wait now until we are onboard to do the full registration.

I’m sailing Sunday and tried to register as well.  I also received the “invalid credentials” error message.  I then realized it never asked for the ship or sailing date, just the cabin number so no way you coujd register in advance with just that information .  Once onboard and connected to the ship’s WiFi network, it will automatically recognize the ship and sailing date and permit you to register.  Makes sense.  

8 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Okay, but what about us Android users?! :classic_dry:

I assume that the Google Play version of the app would be compatible with comparable Android devices. I only mentioned these specific iDevices because another poster had expressed concern that the app would only work on a smartphone, which isn't the case.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Okay, but what about us Android users?! :classic_dry:

I downloaded it from the Google Play store the other day and it worked just find. I already had my account set up, so I can't comment on that aspect, but after I logged in it showed everything it was supposed to.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 4:20 PM, eroller said:

Since they have taken the time and effort to create the app, I’m guessing the web browser based Navigator will be discontinued at some point in the future, and everyone will be required to download and use the app.  Having both services is redundant.  

I take it that you are not familiar with the HAL passenger demographic.  Think "grandparents".

igraf

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:49 PM, fatcat04 said:

Worked great on my phone which I took everywhere to take pictures anyway. The instructions are found on the back of the little pocket deck map they give you with your sail cards at check in.

IMG_20190216_214308961.jpg

Do you have to purchase an internet plan on the ship to use this app?