Cruise Critic Community
ccothron

BELIZE DEEP SEA FISHING – COOK YOUR CATCH

Anyone been on Carnivals deep sea fishing trip in Belize?  It has zero reviews on carnivals website.  Also, does anyone have an idea how many each charter boat will hold? Thanks!

I just tried to book this for the Breeze for 2/26/19.  Unfortunately, it was sold out.  One boat only, maximum of 6 people.  Trying to find alternatives.  What day are you planning?

I booked this for our upcoming cruise on March 16th on the Breeze, I am also curious, I tried to find something on my own but all fishing charters were not near our stop.

2 hours ago, lbendick said:

I booked this for our upcoming cruise on March 16th on the Breeze, I am also curious, I tried to find something on my own but all fishing charters were not near our stop.

Did you look at charters out of Old Belize City (Cucumber Beach)?  It's a 20 minute taxi ride if that.  I think there are a couple of boats out of the marina there.  And there used to be some guides who could pick you up at the Belize Airport and have you on a boat in a short time. Not sure how to contact, reviews, price. Google or DuckDuckGo are your friends on this.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:27 PM, 4_THE_HALIBUT said:

I just tried to book this for the Breeze for 2/26/19.  Unfortunately, it was sold out.  One boat only, maximum of 6 people.  Trying to find alternatives.  What day are you planning?

We don't Sail till August.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:04 AM, lbendick said:

would you mind leaving a review?  I might book (or not book) based off your experience! LOL

Hi! I'm also curious how your deep sea fishing excursion was in Belize! There is a review on Carnival that's positive - but I'm wondering if you had a similar experience. Thanks!

On 2/25/2019 at 8:45 AM, lbendick said:

Sure when we get back I will

can you tell me how this was

The guys really enjoyed it. It was door to door pick up which was nice they didn't have to tender into Belize to meet the excursion.  It is a whole day though there was no time ince they got back to tender in to look around. Where they went to cook the fish was some sort of island , they said it must of been an excursion there was a lot of carnival people just on a tour there, once they left they had the whole place to themselves for a bit.

We just did this excursion. Had a great time!  There were 8 people doing the excursion. They did pick us up directly from the ship and returned us directly to the ship. We went to several places to fish and then to a private island that was completely empty to eat. One thing to think about, there was zero shade on the boat. 

I would be interested in a fishing trip but my cruise ship doesn't off one.

Are there any independant fishing trips on offer, can't see any on Viator.