Cruise Critic Community
TriumphGuy

Green is good, red is BAD. WHAT is this?

Anybody know what this is? It had a slide switch and a red LED which turned green when switched. I left it on green because it seemed to be the right thing to do. Located on wall next to the sliding door by the desk.

outlet.jpg

on the crown last month, i had always slid it to green as well.  My thoughts were the same as yours, it seemed like its rightful place.:classic_laugh:

is this located on near your bed?

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

is this located on near your bed?

Can be on the wall next to the nightstand or at the desk.

What ship were you on when you saw this? I don't recall ever seeing one of these, and I've cruised on most of the ships in the Princess fleet.

I’ve been onboard in an inside cabin when we had a power failure, amazing how bright that little thing is

1 hour ago, flamomo said:

What ship were you on when you saw this? I don't recall ever seeing one of these, and I've cruised on most of the ships in the Princess fleet.

We had it on the Crown last November.  It was on the wall where the other outlets are on the desk.  Can't recall on other ships.  I only remember it because that little green light, in the dark, is really quite bright.  I blocked it with a book when we went to bed (I don't like all the little "working" lights in the dark - TV, chargers, whatever).

We asked the steward about this on our last cruise (Emerald), and he said it was for emergencies. If a guest was hearing impaired, the light would flash to let them know that there was some kind of announcement/communication going on.

I'm wondering why there is a switch. Is the function disabled when the light is red? I too have never seen this thing.

4 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

We had it on the Crown last November.  It was on the wall where the other outlets are on the desk.  Can't recall on other ships.  I only remember it because that little green light, in the dark, is really quite bright.  I blocked it with a book when we went to bed (I don't like all the little "working" lights in the dark - TV, chargers, whatever).

Yes, green LED lights are annoyingly bright. I cover as many as I can in my cabin at night.

6 hours ago, flamomo said:

This was on the Crown, cabin R743. Located on the wall by the desk under the power outlets.

8 hours ago, flamomo said:

I have seen them on all Princess ships that we have been on.