Panama and Costa Rica shore excursions

My wife and I are off to Cuba and Panama in late March on Discovery 2 and was wondering if anyone has experience of shore excursions in Panama and Costa Rica. The other ports on this cruise seem straight forward but  these two have lots of excursions and we are not into something too adventurous.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick

I would definitely recommend the boat cruise down the canal to Panama City and back by coach A great day out (done it twice) being on a small boat in the locks next to container ships or tankers really gives you an idea of the size it's amazing A tip when you arrive to get on your boat pick the smaller wider flat boat and sit at the back - great views

In Costa Rica weve done the canal trip once with the ship and the second time we got a taxi which took us to the canal and got us a smaller rowing boat  There are birds sloths lizards and alligators to see - another great trip if you don't want to be zip lining in the rain forest!!! ( Some people came back from that trip and unbelievably complained it had rained doh I think the clues in the name lol

In Costa Rica,the rain forest cable car ride,lunch and the river wild life cruise on the way back,was the best for us.Suggest ships tour because it's an all dayer and a bit of a mission driving there and back on bus.