Carnival Vista - LIVE-Feb 24-Mar 3 - Gal to Montego, GC, Coz - Fun Times, Menus, etc.

Saint Greg

After the kid next door quieted down I got a good 7 hours of sleep. Woke up once at 7am. Think it was ship movement again. 8:30 I knew I was pretty much up for good but decided to lay in bed a bit longer and not make any noise since the hallway and cabins around me were silent. I started moving around 9:30. Seems all of the cabins around me are sleeping in. Probably because they were up until after 1am this morning. I’m going to miss my virtual window and upgraded internet when I’m on Glory this summer. Hopefully they add it to all ships soon. What I did this morning uploading a YouTube video and posting it live...can’t be done on the old internet. The only time I was able

to do that was in key west using my AT&T internet.

9EE49958-11FE-4F59-8897-A5356CED824B.jpeg

20 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I need to scope out the dining room. I have very specific table preferences. 

I'm curious to hear your table preferences! You also mentioned sleeping in - does the cruise director make a lot of announcements on the Vista?

Miguel just did a magic trick for us. He had a lady count 10 cards out of a deck and hold them against her heart. He ran his fingers through the remaining deck and she had 13 cards. He did it again and she had 20. He had her count those into stacks of 3, 7, 10 and had me pick two stacks for her to pick up. I chose 3 and 7. He handed me 3 invisible cards and had me throw them in the deck. When she counted again the 10 stack was 13. It’s stuff you see on America’s got talent.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, pamici said:

I'm curious to hear your table preferences! You also mentioned sleeping in - does the cruise director make a lot of announcements on the Vista?

I haven’t heard any morning announcements. When I left the room the morning show was going on and he hadn’t announced it.

I hate this. At brunch I asked for a table alone...by myself..and they tried to seat me at table for two that is 2 inches from a family at at table for 4. They put me in a perfect table yesterday and I thought they’d do the same today. It turned into a bit of a scene when I told them I didn’t want to sit there. Next time i’m going to have to be more specific.

This is a huge dining room and it’s less than half full. No reason they have to seat me 2 inches from a family.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I hate this. At brunch I asked for a table alone...by myself..and they tried to seat me at table for two that is 2 inches from a family at at table for 4. They put me in a perfect table yesterday and I thought they’d do the same today. It turned into a bit of a scene when I told them I didn’t want to sit there. Next time i’m going to have to be more specific.

This is a huge dining room and it’s less than half full. No reason they have to seat me 2 inches from a family.

Totally agree!! 

30 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That’s why I always ask for a “private table for two”. I feel like a PITA when I say it but I figure it’s better than having to say no to the table they try to sit me at or worse sit there and be annoyed the whole time. 

Edited by Jerseygirl1416

12 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

That last one I know had rum in it. This one I know has lavender, lime, gin, and I missed the last bottle. It was another alcohol.

F1616596-32FE-4471-9987-4FAFED587084.jpeg

This looks so good. Your Alchemy bar drink pictures make me debate getting the Cheers package. 

41 minutes ago, pamici said:

Table prefrences. Well you just saw an example at brunch. Brunch isn’t too bad as long as I’m not two inches from another table of people. 

Dinner is longer multiple courses. I just like to eat and get out so I can get to a bar or a show. I don’t like to talk when I’m eating. I especially don’t like being judged as a solo cruiser while I’m eating. I had that happen on freedom two years ago... never again. I’m only eating in the mdr twice here so it’s not a big deal to find a permanent table. I sat at the bar last night. 

On Dream Class there’s that seating that goes around that elevated section in the middle. The seating I’m talking about has a chair on one side and a booth seating on the other side. I like to get the table for two on the end so there’s only one table next to me...and I’ll request them not to seat anyone next to me for a half hour.  That’s pretty easy for them to do at 5:30. One of the things about that seating is if I look up, I’m looking at a booth seat. If I’m in the middle of the dining room it’s awkward. If you look up from your table you’re looking at another table...it’s just awkward. Like you have to look down at your table or it seems like you’re staring at people.