Kids conversation apps?

TupeloHoney

So I was wondering if anyone knew of any apps that are similar to something like The Kids Book of Questions?  Something that is a conversation prompt for kids?  Those long dinners get, well, long!  And I want to keep the kids off their screens for as long as possible - and keep them talking and interacting with their relatives.  But they get so bored!  We do have the book of questions, and we do, somewhere, have a deck of cards that have questions on them that are conversation prompts.  Just looking for something new, and thought it'd be handy if it were an app!  One less thing to pack.  But I'm not finding anything when I google.

We've never done anything like that, but we do a few things like:

I Spy - which starts as a game, but turns into a conversation about some of the strange things we see while playing.

What's your favorite____ (fill in the blank) and why? There's usually some good stories that go with kids favorite things.

Or sometimes we do trivia facts, and see who can come up with the most unusual trivia facts (like, In Idaho, it's illegal to fish from a giraffe's back 🙂 ).  

Not an app, but it does pass the time, and lead to some interesting conversations! Our kids (6 and 9) haven't touched their screens at dinner time since they were 3.

I think it’s up to the adults to keep the kids engaged. Most of the time in restaurants I see kids being ignored while the parents just want to indulge in adult conversations with other adults. Kudos for wanting to get the kids involved. I’m the rotten grandma who doesn’t allow electronics at the dinner table. Make them leave them in the cabin.