Has anybody ever missed their final payment on a cruise

Yes, people have reported being given a day or two extra, but I would contact Royal and get that delay approved first.  They have been known to cancel bookings when no payment has been received.

Thanks, I did call last night, 24 hrs after it was due and they took my payment, but, just a little worried that they already may have cancelled it without the agent that I talked to knowing it.

I might call today and double check.  I was just preoccupied after my husband had a heart attack 3 days after our cruise in December and we have an upcoming cruise this Saturday that I've been trying to get ready for and completely forgot about the final payment for our May cruise.  Just too many things going on right now. 

Gwen 🙂

16 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

I missed a final payment once shortly after they changed when the final payment is due.  I got a call from a customer service rep and was allowed to make the payment over the phone.

I was surprised that I forgot, because Royal always sends reminders by email. But, none this time.  I know it is my fault, but, just one of those things that you have to live and learn by....

Gwen

5 minutes ago, cruzinlady1947 said:

I was surprised that I forgot, because Royal always sends reminders by email. But, none this time.  I know it is my fault, but, just one of those things that you have to live and learn by....

Gwen

Hope it all works out for you and your husband is doing well.  Enjoy your cruise!

4 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Hope it all works out for you and your husband is doing well.  Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks...he's doing good, he just needs some more tests when we return for our cruise.   I'm just a little apprehensive and will be a little nervous on the cruise, but, all his doctors said he is good to go. At least we always take out the insurance. But, glad this didn't happen on our cruise. It was a close call......

We enjoy all our cruises!

Gwen 🙂

34 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, people have reported being given a day or two extra, but I would contact Royal and get that delay approved first.  They have been known to cancel bookings when no payment has been received.

Thanks Bob.  I still can't believe I forgot it. I am always a stickler for making sure I pay them at least a week before they are due.

Gwen 🙂

16 minutes ago, cruzinlady1947 said:

Gwen

Good luck, and I hope your husband recovers quickly. 

Just FYI for the future - I have never known RC send a reminder email.  Payment is the customer’s responsibility. I usually put a reminder on my calendar.  If you book with a TA they may send a reminder, but I am referring to bookings made directly with RC. 

8 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

Just FYI for the future - I have never known RC send a reminder email.  Payment is the customer’s responsibility. I usually put a reminder on my calendar.  If you book with a TA they may send a reminder, but I am referring to bookings made directly with RC. 

Oh, I have gotten reminders several times.  I found it unusual, but, it was nice.  I book directly through RC.

I know it is my responsibility and I am really upset that I messed up this time.  We've done about 35 cruises with Royal and have never been late once.  Just too many things going on this time.  I hope I have learned my lesson. And I always put a reminder on my calendar...except for this time.

Gwen 🙂

10 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

Hit or miss.  Some cruises I have received reminders for...others none.  I did get a reminder for our cruise coming up in 3 weeks.  Definitely agree with putting a reminder on the calendar as my phone.

1 hour ago, cruzinlady1947 said:

Thanks, I did call last night, 24 hrs after it was due and they took my payment, but, just a little worried that they already may have cancelled it without the agent that I talked to knowing it.

I might call today and double check.  I was just preoccupied after my husband had a heart attack 3 days after our cruise in December and we have an upcoming cruise this Saturday that I've been trying to get ready for and completely forgot about the final payment for our May cruise.  Just too many things going on right now. 

Gwen 🙂

Always mark it on your calendar so you remember to pay at least a day or two before due.  I can not leave things to memory and must write all appointments or important events on my calendar.

1 hour ago, cruzinlady1947 said:

Oh, I have gotten reminders several times.  I found it unusual, but, it was nice.  I book directly through RC.

I know it is my responsibility and I am really upset that I messed up this time.  We've done about 35 cruises with Royal and have never been late once.  Just too many things going on this time.  I hope I have learned my lesson. And I always put a reminder on my calendar...except for this time.

Gwen 🙂

Oh, Gwen.  So unlike you — you are always on top of things.  Glad to hear that Fred is continuing to do well and you will be able to sail with us on Saturday.  Going to get serious today about packing — I think!  🚢 ️ ⛴   Katherine

When I've used a TA, the cruise was paid one week early. When I've done it myself, which is mostly, I pay one month in advance. I have an envelope for each cruise in the order they come up, and the date and the amount due is in the upper left hand corner.

30 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Oh, Gwen.  So unlike you — you are always on top of things.  Glad to hear that Fred is continuing to do well and you will be able to sail with us on Saturday.  Going to get serious today about packing — I think!  🚢 ️ ⛴   Katherine

Yes Katherine.  It is unlike me.  I've just been so busy with all kinds of things lately.  Just the other week, I had jury duty one day, stress test another day,  I took my neighbor for her PT and every Thursday, I take my handicapped Aunt for her hairdresser appt. It was just one of those stupid things you do sometimes. Of course age doesn't help remembering things either....I always leave all our cruise papers next to the computer, so I can keep tabs on them.  Anyway.  I couldn't get into my reservation for May this morning, so I called C&A and they had to unlock it for me.  I did print out our set/sail passes for now.  Luggage tags will  be printed when they release the docs.

Looking forward to cruising away next Saturday.  Can't wait.  I am in the middle of packing now.  Have to take an extra suitcase this time, because I don't want the suitcases to be too heavy for Fred to handle.  Or me, with my bad back...lol

Look forward to "sea"ing you next Saturday....

Gwen 🙂