Left Behind in Nassau!

Chesneygirl

37 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

That sucks!  Wonder what they did?  How do you fly to the next port without your passport???  Can you hire a small boat in the harbor to run you to the ship?  What happens if they only take cash, and your cash is in the safe on board, or you don' thave cash??

ship security has permissions to check your cabin and cabin safe for any passports or any ids and hand them over to the ship port agent. this is why the port agent contact info is always in the daily newsletter

it might be a possible to get a boat and transfer to the ship, that depends on the port agent, the ships captain and other factors

Nassau was the ships last port of call. Passengers needed to make air arrangements to return to Miami and return to the ship to retrieve their property at their expense. Lousy way to end their cruise. Unfortunately it happens a lot.

54 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

That sucks!  Wonder what they did?  How do you fly to the next port without your passport???  Can you hire a small boat in the harbor to run you to the ship?  What happens if they only take cash, and your cash is in the safe on board, or you don' thave cash??

Usually they get your passport and other documents/money from your room safe and leave it with the dockmaster. We had some friends this happened to on St. Maartin. They took a cab to a beach on the French side & miscalculated how long it would take to get back to the pier in afternoon traffic. Their passports, credit cards, cash, and keys were waiting for them with the dockmaster. Since this was their last stop, they flew to Miami. They had to wait for the ship to get their luggage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, willsears94 said:

This is why you always leave 45 minutes to an hour leeway. Plus it is more fun to show up early to dance with the staff handing out cold towels and drinks!

No kidding!  I'd rather miss out on time at the port and leave a LOT of cushion to prevent from ever being in their flip-flops.

Sad but funny.

Nassau is one of those ports, where you have to work really hard to miss th ship.  Most of the tourist places are fairly close to the port.  Give you some leaway to get from one of the beaches to someplace near the port.  If you want one last drink pick one of the bars near the port entry have the drink, and then head to the port entry about an hour before last boarding.  However i would keep in mind how many ships are in port and their passenger capacity.

For St Marteen, I can see missing the ship esp. if you go to the French Side because of traffic/accidents.  Because of that we make sure we are heading back to the ship with plenty of time to spare.

I also make sure I have the on-shore ship agent contact information just in-case.

Near as I can tell the couple didn't totally melt down, which is a good thing.

I was on the Symphony of the seas. We waited well and long enough for those missing. All aboard was at 3:30 and even at 3:35 there was a small line of folks. Then from about 3:35 on two or three people would run up at a time until 4:05 the last two people were able to jump on with some folks still missing. Ship pushed  away from the pier right after 4:05.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

I was on the Symphony of the seas. We waited well and long enough for those missing. All aboard was at 3:30 and even at 3:35 there was a small line of folks. Then from about 3:35 on two or three people would run up at a time until 4:05 the last two people were able to jump on with some folks still missing. Ship pushed  away from the pier right after 4:05.

Thanks for the first hand knowledge!

How was your ship, isn't it a new one?😊

Hope you had/have a great cruise.

We were on a western Caribbean cruise a few years back and one of the couples (newlyweds) at our dinner table missed the ship in Key West.  They were not at dinner the night we left Key West but no one thought anything about it.   

They took a bus from Key West to Miami - flew to Cancun and caught up to the ship in Cozumel and finished out the cruise.

1 hour ago, Cruisercl said:

Thanks for the first hand knowledge!

How was your ship, isn't it a new one?😊

Hope you had/have a great cruise.

Oh my goodness Symphony of the Seas is simply amazing. Loved every minute of it, hated to get off of it on Saturday. If you get bored at all I did a "Live" trip report on it if you want to check it out. Below is the link.