Venice Hotels Post Cruise

1island2go

Hi all

Getting cross eyed trying to figure out hotels for post cruise in Venice. I have a few to ask about and wondering if anyone has stayed at these and what you thought of them.

Also open to any others that you would suggest...Criteria is location to sights we can walk to easily, clean and safe, good AC as will be there in July, Close to Vaperetto stop for dragging luggage.  Looking at...excuse spelling please

Star Hotels Splendid

Sovoia and Jolanda

NH Collection Venezia Palazzo Barrocci

Hotel Monaco

Ca dei Conti

Ca de Dogi

Sina Palazzo Sant Angelo

Ca Segrado

Thanks in advance!

Edited by 1island2go

About a year ago we stayed at the Sina Palazzo Sant Angelo and loved it. Based on what you're looking for, I can highly recommend it. See my comments here regarding its location and why we liked it:

We didn't pay extra for a room with a canal view, but the room we had was very charming. Breakfast was good, and staff were friendly. Not only did it have both an Alilaguna stop (good if you are leaving by air) and a vaporetto stop, but it is well located between San Marco and Rialto, easy walk to either.

Thank you very much. It is so hard to decide. It seems all hotels have great ranking like 4.5 out of 5 then you start reading some reviews how they stick you in a closet with sewer issues and the staff are jerks. Always like to hear from someone who has stayed there. I am torn between Sina, NH Barrocci, and Savoia and Jolanda at the moment. Probably in that order. Are the rooms in pretty good shape? Heard carpets are old. I don't mind if they are clean. Thank you so much for the input.

We thought our room was very nice, do not recall thinking anything seemed old or in bad shape. Keeping in mind it is housed in an old palazzo, the rooms are of various sizes but I found it very charming.

My mother and grandmother, a good many years ago, used to stay at the Savoia and Jolanda, and we considered it, but I felt there was more variability in the rooms there -- some are fine but others (in an annex) seemed much less desirable...

We are booked! Ended up booking at Sina Palazzo Sant Angelo. Thanks for the heads up on it. I am happy to have that settled. We have an very early flight so we are staying out by Airport our last night, it will just be easier. Thanks again for all your help!

On 2/17/2019 at 1:19 PM, 1island2go said:

Hi all

Getting cross eyed trying to figure out hotels for post cruise in Venice. I have a few to ask about and wondering if anyone has stayed at these and what you thought of them.

Also open to any others that you would suggest...Criteria is location to sights we can walk to easily, clean and safe, good AC as will be there in July, Close to Vaperetto stop for dragging luggage.  Looking at...excuse spelling please

Star Hotels Splendid

Sovoia and Jolanda

NH Collection Venezia Palazzo Barrocci

Hotel Monaco

Ca dei Conti

Ca de Dogi

Sina Palazzo Sant Angelo

Ca Segrado

Thanks in advance!

Highly recommend Savoia and Jolanda.  We stayed there last October and would stay there in a heartbeat if we were in Venice again.  Right at the vaparetto stop.  Just walk off the taxi, across the square to the hotel.  Beautiful room, wonderful staff, & delicious breakfast.