How to get countdown clock on Signature

Well done - once you have applied the fix it should work for all the CC clocks.

You dont have to fix it each time.  I havent  worked through it fully but it might loose the fix

if firefox is updated. Still easy enough to do it again.  Hopefully CC  or the website people at   tripadviser will pay the $5 and get the certificate extended. 🙂

Edited by Aulanis

Yes it worked even better once I copied from my clock creation link page and pasted it  into my signature via account settings it showed up correctly. the clock does not tick down as it once used to but when refreshed it shows  a lower wait time as on the moment of refreshment.

Many thanks again Aulinus and i hope with your method and mine folk can now get the clocks they want and if you still have the links on your signature follow what I said.

3 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Well done - once you have applied the fix it should work for all the CC clocks.

You dont have to fix it each time.  I havent  worked through it fully but it might loose the fix

if firefox is updated. Still enough to do it again.  Hopefully CC  or the website people at   tripadviser will pay the $5 and

get the certificate extended. 🙂

Yes it did as per my later post:)

Yes I tried your way - find the coded link for a clock in your signature right click and select view image then follow through

the change security.  Dont remember ever seeing them count down "real time" - they just update each time you view,

or if you refresh the page.

Edited by Aulanis

17 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Yes I tried your way - find the coded link for a clock in your signature right click and select view image then follow through

the change security.  Dont remember ever seeing them count down "real time" - they just update each time you view,

or if you refresh the page.

Yes I used to be able to see the clock  actually counting down about three years ago or so. I guess if people have an incompatible browser or font they will have to fix those issues first.

5 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Ok  

First you need to get the link to a clock  - you can use mine-

https://clocks.cruisecritic.com/countdown.pl?image=vfin&name=Aulanis&date=06-22-2019&text=Baltic Cities-14Days&ship=Marella Explorer  

Copy the link and post it into your browser ( firefox)   click the arrow at the end

The browser searches for the website where the picture is held  and it should come up with a warning message.   
Click on "advanced"  (once only)  and scroll down.

Click on Accept the risk and continue.

That works for me.  Go back into CC and refresh the page and you should see the clocks.

I got them to work in Opera using the same method.

• 2 weeks later...

I followed the instructions to bypass the expired certificate security yesterday and my countdown clock started working again.  Today it is not, and I can't get to the same warning message any more.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Gail

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, oldstudent1 said:

I see you have an interesting countdown clock. Can you tell me the website used? Since CC did in the very nice countdown clocks, I have found only one or two clocks that are compatible - 

Thank you - Chris 

It doesn't look like that clock is counting down. I see it showing 79 days to a departure on Aug 17, which is today.