Disembark food from ship

22 minutes ago, 2711 said:

We have a long wait at the airport after disembarking. Is it allowed to take a bagel and apple or like snack in our tote from the ship. 

Pretty sure you'll be able to buy something at the airport. Most Ports frown on bringing any food other than prepackaged off the ship. Those sniffer dogs aren't just looking for drugs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 2711 said:

Airport food is sooo expensive and we will be there for 8 hours

You can always save a part of your travel budget for a 'shared' meal/snack at the airport, $30 USD should be enough to get you through until flight time.

Also, maybe you can have your taxi/Uber stop at a grocery store or convenience store on the way to the airport if 'price' of food at the airport is a real concern.

bon voyage

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2711 said:

Not sure where you are flying from, but there are always some rather inexpensive options at many airports.   Food from the ship is never to be taken off that ship whether it be in port or at disembarkation.   You will receive this notification in your daily  papers and again on your disembarkation paperwork.  Will you get off without being caught?  Maybe ... but why even chance it?  

If you are concerned, you can always take some food with you from home or something you purchase in port, as long as it is pre-packaged and snack on that while in the airport (granola bars, snack mix, nuts, cheese and crackers, etc ... absolutely  no fresh food, non-packaged nuts, cheese or produce of any kind).  

• Like 1

"We have a long wait at the airport after disembarking. Is it allowed to take a bagel and apple or like snack in our tote from the ship."

You don't say where you will be but the simple answer is, no.  Assuming you are disembarking in the USA, NO FRESH FRUIT.  no bread, meat, cheese, etc.  no sandwiches, no vegetables.  

3 hours ago, 2711 said:

Eat a really big breakfast and then start your post cruise diet early. 

Seriously, if I was on a strict budget I would figure out how to save an extra $30 for a fast food dinner or take some granola bars from home for an afternoon snack.

We have often taken a bagel or muffin ashore when disembarking in mainland US.  Per CBP baked goods are not on the prohibited list.

From CBP website:

Are there any restrictions on bringing and/or importing baked goods, i.e. cakes, cookies, breads, Moon cakes, fruitcakes, etc. into the U.S.?

Generally, there are no restrictions on baked goods. The U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) has a general list of approved products of which breads, cakes, cookies, and other bakery goods are listed.

7 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

We always travel with granola bars in case flights are delayed.  Bring them from home.  Thry aren’t a meal but they will stave off hunger.  

I always travel with a small supply of Kind bars in case of an emergency - they're my favorite - Chewy and satisfying. I learned my lesson many years ago when on a land tour in Europe we stayed in a remote location.  The included "dinner," served on the first day of Lent was cold herring - yuck!!!!!  We really didn't have any options that night, so we went back to our room ate a box of chocolates and drank a bottle of wine!  We fondly recall that night, but it could have been a disaster, (I'm sure we would have starved - LOL.)

I'm sure I'll be corrected. But, I believe that since it is a US based ship, you can bring food off of it, when you return to the US. You are not allowed to introduce certain types of foods, from the ship at ports of call. Just as you are not allowed to bring them on to the ship from port.

The products and produce are all procured prior to sailing out of the US port, from US sources.

That is my personal belief. 

Check the rules but....

NEVER  NEVER  the Apple.

Saw a lady  pulled off the line and she was not gIven a pass.  VERY BIG NO!

Get something at the airport unless you  can wrap the bagel,  or have a wrapped protein or granola bar!

21 hours ago, 2711 said:

Whatever made you think I would try and sneak food off the ship. I was asking if there was any rules in place about this. 

We were on Solstice last year and were told that you cannot take food off the ship... on our excursions they gave us bottled water to take with us as we were in Queensland Australia in the heat of summer but you couldn't go to the buffet or Café Al Bacio and grab a muffin or something to take with you.

Most countries - including the U.S. it is illegal to bring Fruit, meats etc through immigration.   While on a South American Cruise many ports had scanners for backpacks and hand luggage of passengers going ashore.   It was incredible how many passengers were busted.    Some were just confiscated but saw a couple with huge amounts that were fined.

On 2/17/2019 at 6:17 PM, 2711 said:

We have a long wait at the airport after disembarking. Is it allowed to take a bagel and apple or like snack in our tote from the ship. 

4 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

I'm sure I'll be corrected. But, I believe that since it is a US based ship, you can bring food off of it, when you return to the US. You are not allowed to introduce certain types of foods, from the ship at ports of call. Just as you are not allowed to bring them on to the ship from port.

The products and produce are all procured prior to sailing out of the US port, from US sources.

Your personal belief??  You really expect a stranger to go on that, rather than the actual laws that are in place in every country? You actually believe that ships don't resupply except in their home port? That maybe true for shorter cruises out of US ports, but I didn't see anywhere in the OPs post that they were disembarking at a US port.

4 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

First, why do you assume it is a US based ship - could be a TA

Second, even if it is a US based ship, how do you know whether or not additional foods have been procured at foreign ports - especially fruits.