Island Tram Tour

BOOGALOO509

My wife and I will be visiting for a day next month as part of our cruise, we have never visited the island before.  I am aware there is an Island Tram tour available near to the cruise port, has anyone used this tour company?  We have a few questions we hope previous cruisers can answer for us.

Where does the tour start from?

Is it a hop on hop off type tour or are you on it from the start all the way to the end?

How long does it last?

How many stops are there, and where are the stops? 

How much does it cost?  and finally;-

Is the fare an all day ticket or do you pay for each portion of the tour if you get off and then back on?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

John

Try these folks. 

https://islandtrams.com/tours/all-day-pass/

Also, you can just ask one of the taxi drivers at the port if they will do a tour for you.  Most will.  Lots of pride in their little slice of paradise. 

Taxi information here.

http://www.grandturkcc.com/island-information/taxi-information.aspx

https://mamadeataxiandtours.com/tour-info/

• Like 1

Crewsweeper

This information is terrific.  I will be in Grand Turk this May and want to do an island tour.  Do you know if I have to book ahead or can I just walk up and book a tour?  I have emailed both of your suggestions and awaiting a response.  I have never been to Grand Turk so I think I want to do a tour but once I see the beach, I might not want to leave the ocean.  I am the kind of person that likes to leave my options open.  I was in Falmouth Jamaica and there was a tram tour right in the cruise terminal area that was a walk up.  I was hoping to find something like this in Grand Turk and Amber Cove.  I have not been to either so I would like to have a simple tour just to see a little bit of the area.

Wait for the replies.  I'm pretty sure they pick up at the port as cruise lines sometimes offer these tours. 

IMO, best to do it on your own or with 1 or 2 other couples, versus a crowded ship excursion.  But Hop On Hop Off options work well.

• 4 weeks later...

Was there a couple years ago shortly after the hurricane. Picked up tour from vendor on the pier. I think $25-$30 for a few hours. Walk through the port area and taxi parking outside the fence to parking lot. Stopped downtown for 30 minutes or so to shop or eat, at the lighthouse, and good narration of the whole island. 

• 5 months later...
On 2/18/2019 at 8:58 AM, BOOGALOO509 said:

My wife and I will be visiting for a day next month as part of our cruise, we have never visited the island before.  I am aware there is an Island Tram tour available near to the cruise port, has anyone used this tour company?  We have a few questions we hope previous cruisers can answer for us.

Where does the tour start from?

Is it a hop on hop off type tour or are you on it from the start all the way to the end?

How long does it last?

How many stops are there, and where are the stops? 

How much does it cost?  and finally;-

Is the fare an all day ticket or do you pay for each portion of the tour if you get off and then back on?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

John

John:    What did you wind up doing in Grand Turk?>