Talk to me about suites on Carnival

laumicmah

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:05 AM, moongal said:

What is ENHANCED TURNDOWN service?  We did not notice any extra service from our steward when we had a Grand suite this past summer... in fact I was a bit disappointed in that there was nothing special.  But now that I read it is supposed to have  had some kind of enhanced service, I am even more bent because we didn't get anything special done and I left extra tip. 😞

The enhanced turn down service for us was the little bag of cookies and fruit and cheese we received each night with the "compliments of the hotel manager".

On 2/18/2019 at 4:59 PM, moongal said:

We were in a Grand Suite on Valor last month and I was a little disappointed. I mean the extra room was very nice, and I loved the larger balcony with the lounger on it, but I feel like the service could have been a little better, or there needed to be something else special about it to justify the steep price.  Also we had 4 so we were using the pull out sofa bed and it was like sleeping in a bowl.  The mattress and springs were so terrible that I literally felt like I needed to tie myself to the side of the bed at night so I wouldn't roll down into the "hole".  This was an extreme disappointment because for the price I was paying, it was worse than a budget hotel room bed. 

The room steward did not seem to even give as good of service that we had gotten on our previous cruises.. I guess I was expecting maybe a little better service since we were paying premium dollar. 

We also bought FTTF because we wanted to be able to go to our room right away and for the money I think just getting a regular balcony room and getting FTTF is a better deal than spending money on the suite.  

For the price they charged for the suite, it seemed to me there should have been something more to it... seemed just like all of our other cruises, only just a bit more space, but a LOT MORE PRICE.

We have an Ocean Suite for the new Panorama ship.  We are 4 people, and I just assumed there would be the bed thingy from the ceiling as well as the sofa bed.  Is that not true?

1 hour ago, mapman_2004 said:

We have an Ocean Suite for the new Panorama ship.  We are 4 people, and I just assumed there would be the bed thingy from the ceiling as well as the sofa bed.  Is that not true?

Just went to the Carnival Panorama deck plan to check out your Ocean Suite for 4 people. Here's the description "Two twin beds (convert to king) and double sofa bed. Sofa and coffee table. Desk and seat. Full bathroom with shower/whirlpool tub/double sinks. Walk-in dressing area with ample closet space. Private large balcony with patio chairs and table." So it looks like your sofa converts to a double bed for two people. Hmmmm. Hope it's two small kids or a happy couple!

On 2/18/2019 at 8:11 PM, WNcruiser said:

I can’t believe they don’t give you double VIFP days for suites. Every cruise line we have taken gives double points/days since you are spending at least twice as much. 

....not this one.  You can believe it, it is true....and much less the cost also.

1 hour ago, BigEasyCC said:

Just went to the Carnival Panorama deck plan to check out your Ocean Suite for 4 people. Here's the description "Two twin beds (convert to king) and double sofa bed. Sofa and coffee table. Desk and seat. Full bathroom with shower/whirlpool tub/double sinks. Walk-in dressing area with ample closet space. Private large balcony with patio chairs and table." So it looks like your sofa converts to a double bed for two people. Hmmmm. Hope it's two small kids or a happy couple!

We are two adults and two children, 12 and 13 next year... Maybe we can get a blanket and pillow and put them in the whirpool bathtub for one of us?  Or bring a hammock and string it on the balcony? 

8 minutes ago, mapman_2004 said:

We are two adults and two children, 12 and 13 next year... Maybe we can get a blanket and pillow and put them in the whirpool bathtub for one of us?  Or bring a hammock and string it on the balcony? 

Or bring a blow up twin mattress!

On 2/19/2019 at 3:51 AM, gkbiiii said:

Does the Captain's Suite get you anything?

The short answer is no, there doesn't seem to be anything you get in addition to what has already been mentioned. But here are two links that you might find fun to see.

Carnival Sunshine Captain's Suite Review

Carnival Sunshine (SH) Captain's Suites

We prefer the Ocean Suites on the Conquest Class.  Love the full dresser in the bedroom so there is plenty of room for clothes.  Hubby always takes the closet in the bedroom while I take over the dressing room closet and vanity.  

We haven't been booking them lately on Carnival because we made Diamond and get our perks from there.  However, finally after 42 cruises on Carnival the upgrade fairy sent an email.  Hubby took the upgrade to the OS on the Valor because it is our anniversary cruise.