Santa Barbara Beach Resort Day Pass....yay or nay?

Pier290

2 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

Listen to what I'm trying to tell you, this time on Curacao with your ship porting at 11am don't worry about going to the resort. Go downtown right across the bridge, I walked this whole little quaint town, they call it Willemsted(I think), it's absolutely beautiful, incredibly inviting little city, bars and shopping are top-shelf, not only top-shelf, Curacao can be pricey but it's totally worth it. Spend your day walking around the city, you'll be glad you did, have dinner at one of the restaurants on the river we did it was wonderful. Good luck and have fun. Todd

Willemstad is the name for our capital city.  The area on the port side is Otrobanda - Rif Fort is there.  When you walk over the floating bridge you are in the area called Punda.  

There is also areas called Scharloo, Pietermaai that are walkable from the port area with Street art.

14 minutes ago, bup1224 said:

Willemstad is the name for our capital city.  The area on the port side is Otrobanda - Rif Fort is there.  When you walk over the floating bridge you are in the area called Punda.  

There is also areas called Scharloo, Pietermaai that are walkable from the port area with Street art.

Yes, that's it. I walked as far as I could, great little city. People are not only NICE, they're pretty too. Certainly don't see that very often. I always grab a drink, I walked and drank mojito's all over Willemstad, I didn't want to leave. Great food everywhere. I not only saw the street art I listen too it also. Street everything I was right in the middle of it a few times.:classic_rolleyes: I'f I owned a bar on Curacao I would be my own best customer. Later Todd

39 minutes ago, bup1224 said:

Pietermaai I walked back there, yep!!! I forgot I was hammered on mojito's(best in history) that's awesome back there, there was so much art of every kind for sale on the sidewalks we had to walk on the street, it was great! Excellent live music on the street corner too. Incredible steel type band playing on the corner right outside the bar I was sitting in, it was really unbelievable, like I said I didn't want to leave.

What's the area called where the big red Curacao sign is, back on the left the right side being the ocean the left side is the city kinda?? Thanks. I don't remember the name of that little bar I was in back there but it was like the back of there home or something, this place was great. On the front window it say's  "Best Mojito's in the Caribbean" and they are, I can certainly vouch for that.😁 Those mojito's are absolutely addicting, fresh everything $10 a pop I drank 8. Yummo!!

This is why last year I did a day pass at the Santa Barbara, it's simple math. Be patient with me it's only taken me 4 visits to get this right, it's terribly sad. It really is. Thanks Todd

31 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

Pietermaai I walked back there, yep!!! I forgot I was hammered on mojito's(best in history) that's awesome back there, there was so much art of every kind for sale on the sidewalks we had to walk on the street, it was great! Excellent live music on the street corner too. Incredible steel type band playing on the corner right outside the bar I was sitting in, it was really unbelievable, like I said I didn't want to leave.

What's the area called where the big red Curacao sign is, back on the left the right side being the ocean the left side is the city kinda?? Thanks. I don't remember the name of that little bar I was in back there but it was like the back of there home or something, this place was great. On the front window it say's  "Best Mojito's in the Caribbean" and they are, I can certainly vouch for that.😁 Those mojito's are absolutely addicting, fresh everything $10 a pop I drank 8. Yummo!!

This is why last year I did a day pass at the Santa Barbara, it's simple math. Be patient with me it's only taken me 4 visits to get this right, it's terribly sad. It really is. Thanks Todd

Hey Todd the Curaçao and Dushi signs are in Punda on the Wilhelmina Plein.  You most likely were on Columbasstraat (just a guess).

11 minutes ago, bup1224 said:

Hey Todd the Curaçao and Dushi signs are in Punda on the Wilhelmina Plein.  You most likely were on Columbasstraat (just a guess).

Thanks!! We were in Willemstad back on or around 12/5/16, there was a lot of people in town, actually it was elbow to elbow, the further away from the Punda area we went the more things kept thinning out, thought I might find a nice place to chill out have a drink and did. 

I'm not sure how many ships were in port, but I got out on the island early by noon-ish the whole area was packed with everything people everywhere a great little city to walk. I certainly thought so anyway. I stumbled all over everything in that town, I've never felt more at home in my life. 😎

• 4 weeks later...

What type of transportation do they use to get you to the hotel?  Is it a van or a bus?  Just curious since someone in our group has mobility issues and has a hard time climbing in the back of a van and the front seat isn't always available.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 8:59 PM, tamara01 said:

What type of transportation do they use to get you to the hotel?  Is it a van or a bus?  Just curious since someone in our group has mobility issues and has a hard time climbing in the back of a van and the front seat isn't always available.

If you book your day pass through Resorts for a Day you are transported to and from the resort in a big bus mobility issues shouldn't be a problem. The only mobility issues anyone will have will be on the way back. After drinking all day at the Santa Barbara Beach Bar(it's included in your day pass) you and your companions will be so hammered you can't walk. That's what happened to us, other than that mobility issues shouldn't deter you. Have fun!!

• 5 months later...
On 6/7/2019 at 6:46 PM, TTEllis said:

If you book your day pass through Resorts for a Day you are transported to and from the resort in a big bus mobility issues shouldn't be a problem. The only mobility issues anyone will have will be on the way back. After drinking all day at the Santa Barbara Beach Bar(it's included in your day pass) you and your companions will be so hammered you can't walk. That's what happened to us, other than that mobility issues shouldn't deter you. Have fun!!

Do you know if they serve any American beers at the bar?  My husband only drinks Miller Lite.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Is there a bar with a beach near the port where one can rent a chair and an umbrella and enjoy a couple drinks by the water?

Or can I get a suggestion of where to take a taxi to to enjoy something like that?

The Santa Barbara thing sounds pretty good but a bit pricey for us.

8 hours ago, jlocole said:

Is there a bar with a beach near the port where one can rent a chair and an umbrella and enjoy a couple drinks by the water?

Or can I get a suggestion of where to take a taxi to to enjoy something like that?

The Santa Barbara thing sounds pretty good but a bit pricey for us.

Taxi to Mambo beach. Tip walk over to Punda and take a taxi from there, it's a little cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 2:49 PM, TTEllis said:

Bring a drink Bloody Mary preferably, for the drive over, VERY nice tour bus. 

Where can I get a bloody Mary, or other adult beverage for the drive over?  Are there little bars at or near the port?  Where exactly does the shuttle bus pick you up?

• 3 weeks later...

Just spent the day there a couple of weeks ago. I was looking for beach day.   Loved it here especially since it included transportation.   Not crowded at all.   Bar opened at 11 am but with a small tip we were able to get a drink as soon as we arrived , just before 10 am.