Your Fav Tips You Learned Here

MsSoCalCruiser

What are your favorite tips that you learned here on the CC Princess board?  Show us your FAVS 😊

My favorites are:

• The back door on the Riviera deck
  • That I can pre-purchase a case of bottled water at a great price
  • Caribe balconies are huge
  • Key West Cooler Mocktails are delish (thanks Pam in CA!)

• Battery operated tea lights in the bathroom and in the closet top shelf so you don’t have to turn on the bright light at night. We now use for hotels too!
  • BVE (Bon Voyage Experience) is a great way to get FCD (Future Cruise Deposit) when you run out and you don’t have any cruises booked soon.
  • Carnival Share Holder credits 

Edited by PlopPlop
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, CaboWabo62 said:

To avoid ridicule don't post about tipping.

I feel the same way about formal wear questions! Don't ask if you can wear jeans on formal night unless you have body armor on! LOL

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Yes, I thought it was only for Elites and that a I had to board at the suggested time!

Ive also learned what to pack, how to get to the airport in Vancouver, where to store my luggage in Seattle and Vancouver, and so many other things.

most importantly, I’ve learned that discussing tipping, smoking, and formal night are worse than discussing politics in polite company 🤫

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Amex promotions 

CCL Stock ownership = onboard credit

Loyalty credit begining after your 20th cruise 

Lunch in the MDR upon boarding 

Luggage Valet (or whatever it is called on Princess)

Purchase of bottled water ahead of time 

Price drop announcements

Bon Voyage Experience 

Cabin choices (the good, the bad and the ugly)

Better options at the Trident Grill at dinnertime 

Do it on your own options in port 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Flowergirl56 said:

I have to ask . . . What do you by Amex promotions?

Sorry ... that wasn't very clear.  

When you log into your Amex account online, there is a menu option for BENEFITS.  From there, you can check to see what promotions are available to you and you can add them to your card prior to making any purchase using your American Express card.  

For example, there are oftentimes offers for different cruiselines.  The offer will state, book a cruise putting down $750 and receive a statement credit for $150 amount.   Different amounts are offered and they usually show up at least once a year.  So far, amongst the different cruiselines over the last few years, I've received well over $1000 in statement credits just by using my Amex promotions.  

• Like 3

I've learned many valuable things as a newbie (not kidding):

• Sanctuary - great but not good for Alaska cruise
  • "Mocktail" can be any drink without alcohol...it doesn't have to be on the Mocktail menu
  • Stanley Bear - need to buy early so that he can get "decorated" during the cruise (better than a towel animal)
  • No sofa - better to know before you go so that I can get the inflatables bought and packed (next time, check the website more closely...looks like there's no jogging track either)
  • Cool power strip that accepts plugs from around the world so that I can plug my cpap next to the bed
  • Oops...can't bring the power strip because it is a surge protector (not sure why it was recommended for plugging a cpap in under the bed...)
  • Next time, read cruise critic BEFORE paying non-refundable fees for the cruise, not afterwards...  Ok, I learned this time.  Next time I will read more carefully before booking.    I'm planning my Panama Canal cruise.  I can't go for 3 more years, but I'll plan ahead next time.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CynCyn said:

Yes, I thought it was only for Elites and that a I had to board at the suggested time!

Ive also learned what to pack, how to get to the airport in Vancouver, where to store my luggage in Seattle and Vancouver, and so many other things.

most importantly, I’ve learned that discussing tipping, smoking, and formal night are worse than discussing politics in polite company 🤫

Where do you store your luggage in Seattle and Vancouver? 

From my experiences here, I learned of the Chefs Table, and the Ultimate Ship Tour. 

The Volcano, as mentioned by Sea Hag, is a try it for sure item. I really need to justify why I’m 320 lbs. 

I learned that there are passionate people here and through that passion friendships can be made. At the same time, the opposite works for others. 

All in all, the group of people that participate in the discussions are loyal to cause of cruising. 

Glenn

• Like 3

I have maganetic clips for hanging papers & documents/tickets on the wall. 

I just purchased maganetic hooks for the wall to hang things on. 

Using a nightlight in the bathroom by having a hardware store take a plug adapter & make it useable in the bathroom socket on the ship. 

Agree...Lunch in the MDR at embarkation. 

Balcony Breakfast & Dinner

Chef's Dinner  

Sometimes xtra usable plug behind the TV. 

Small battery operated clock clock to use in the bathroom. 

Tom😀

D0565C6E-BB7B-42E4-BFA3-CCE36CB7E656.jpeg

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Where do you store your luggage in Seattle and Vancouver? 

In Vancouver it’s CDS.  They have storage at the airport and cruise terminal.  They are super nice, but don’t have a great website.  Last year, I rode to the airport and stored it instead of using the cruise terminal. 

In Seattle, it’s Smart Carte.  Will report back in May!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CaboWabo62 said:

To avoid ridicule don't post about tipping.

Sorry to hear this one. I learned so much about tipping from Cruise Critic. The latest I learned from our last cruise was if you put the tip on the bill, it goes to corporate to be divided with everyone. I specifically asked a bar tender on the cruise prior and he said he would get the tip. But I'm pretty sure it goes into a pool from our last waitress from the Crown Grill. So from now on, we will bring cash and hand it to the waitstaff we want to get the extra tip. Now I've opened myself up to ridicule but that was what I was told on our last cruise (after leaving lots of tips by adding it to the receipt total!)

• Like 2