Do you have to book De Palm Island thru the cruise line?

Shortansweet

Hi - looking at De Palm Island when we stop in Aruba next month. I tried to book tickets via the De Palm Island website, but I received an error message that cruise passengers have to book directly thru the cruise line. The cruise line has a higher price (but includes the bus and ferry) and is limited (only 3.5 hours on the island, can't zipline, etc...) when compared to booking with them directly. I'm curious if I do need to go through the cruise line or if anyone has successfully booked directly? Thanks 🙂

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:16 PM, Shortansweet said:

Hi - looking at De Palm Island when we stop in Aruba next month. I tried to book tickets via the De Palm Island website, but I received an error message that cruise passengers have to book directly thru the cruise line. The cruise line has a higher price (but includes the bus and ferry) and is limited (only 3.5 hours on the island, can't zipline, etc...) when compared to booking with them directly. I'm curious if I do need to go through the cruise line or if anyone has successfully booked directly? Thanks 🙂

They are less money so far to book with the cruise line for us. My idea was to take the bus there but then get a taxi back to the ship when I wanted to leave.

David

27 minutes ago, auie2 said:

They are less money so far to book with the cruise line for us. My idea was to take the bus there but then get a taxi back to the ship when I wanted to leave.

David

I'm not sure if a bus goes by there. It is pretty far out of town, and a fairly long ways off of the main road. When you get there, you have to then take a ferry over to the island.

• 4 months later...

I tried to book the coast to coast safari directly with De Palm tours on their website and it wasn’t showing that it was offered the day our ship was in port.  When contacting them directly, I got a response that I had to book directly through the cruise line.  When I questioned if it is offered thru RC, I received a yes response, but it is actually not.  Any others with advice on booking tours directly thru DePalm?

Did you check the ship excursions to see if they offered something similar but with a different name? They usually market the tours differently than the local vendors.  Possibly,  they are offering the same tour under a different name.