Rum & Revolution-live from the Spirit, February 22, San Juan to Ft. Lauderdale

spinnaker2

15 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

368224540_DSC07000(2).thumb.JPG.603ee7c827ee2fb5d5248bc662cc2a11.JPG

Not sure what has happened technically, but this above picture from Spins/Candy came through OK and looking good, plus the cute/colorful car picture from We4lv2trvl.  BUT, then on my Safari browser, the next eleven picture posts by Spins do not show up on my laptop screen.  I then tried by attempting with a different Internet browser, using Firefox.  Also, no luck in seeing these other pictures from Candy.  Not sure what was working or not??!!   Any others having challenges??  Would love to see any and all of these fun visuals.  Insights?  Guesses?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 44,514 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

8 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Not sure what has happened technically, but this above picture from Spins/Candy came through OK and looking good, plus the cute/colorful car picture from We4lv2trvl.  BUT, then on my Safari browser, the next eleven picture posts by Spins do not show up on my laptop screen.  I then tried by attempting with a different Internet browser, using Firefox.  Also, no luck in seeing these other pictures from Candy.  Not sure what was working or not??!!   Any others having challenges??  Would love to see any and all of these fun visuals.  Insights?  Guesses?

Terry, no insights, but  (unless I was hallucinating!:classic_ohmy:) , I can tell you that the pics were there yesterday, now gone.  (Using Chrome)

Bob

I never could see the pictures, other than the first two. Not on my phone yesterday nor on the computer today using multiple browsers (chrome and edge)

Looking at the posts, it seems that Spins used a different method to upload the first two. It is harder to figure out on the new site, but it looks like she uploaded the first two directly to CC and then direct linked the rest from Google. AFAIK Google doesn't support direct links any more so that may be the issue. There used to be a workaround but it's not reliable so perhaps that's why Boblerm saw them for a bit and not any longer.

27 minutes ago, boblerm said:

Terry, no insights, but  (unless I was hallucinating!:classic_ohmy:) , I can tell you that the pics were there yesterday, now gone.  (Using Chrome)

Bob

Don't think Bob has been hallucinating!!  But, an interesting thought??   Or, not??   Very helpful follow-ups from both Bob and J.P. as to this situation.  Hopefully, we will hear more from Spins/Candy.  The guess/theory by J.P. could be likely as to "it seems that Spins used a different method to upload the first two." 

As always, I am always happy to help in posting any pictures that Spins emails to me.  Am flexible this weekend, but fairly jammed up during this upcoming week.  Looking forward to hearing more and ultimately seeing more visuals from your Cuba adventures. 

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.!  Live/blog from early 2018, first adventure through SE Asia, stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before exploring all over Vietnam and Cambodia, seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 44,808 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

14 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

wow, i saw them all. i checked each one.

now they are gone.

this is pretty annoying and frustrating.

GRRRRRRR

YES, very frustrating, but don't give up.  Who was it that said "Give hope a chance!"?  We'll get it figured out. Now that you are back on land, there are options available.  

Barcelona/Med: June 2011, with stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Great visuals with key highlights, tips, etc. Live/blog now at 244,484 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

wow, i saw them all. i checked each one.

now they are gone.

this is pretty annoying and frustrating.

GRRRRRRR

Glad to know that my mind is at least semi - intact. 

Are you aware of doing anything different in posting the picture in post number 64 as opposed to numbers 66 through  75? 

Theater ceiling in Cienfuegos.  The scaffolding was just coming down after restoring the painting.  Hurricane put a hole in the roof and the leak went undetected for almost a year until it had damaged the ceiling quite a bit.

DSC04744.JPG

Ceiling of a previously wealthy Cuban's house in Cienfuegos that is now used as a party venue.  The rest of the house was just as amazing as this ceiling.  We had a pre-lunch rum and coke (ironically called a "Cuba Libre" if made with Bacardi in Puerto Rico) in this house near the Melia hotel.

DSC04733.JPG

Sailing into Santiago de Cuba, this is luxury living for many Cubans today.  This home was huge by Cuban standards and it was on the water. I suspect it was occupied by two or more families.

DSC04547.JPG

Edited by We4lv2trvl

A glimpse of Cuba's future as they try to embrace tourism as a new source of wealth.  Cruise ships have been vital to creating jobs that pay as much in half a day as the average Cuban makes in a month.  The Cubans who work in the tourist industry are very grateful for the cruise ships that bring in the wealthy tourists and their cash.

DSC04922.JPG

Finally, the symbolism of this building is incredible.  Modeled after the US capitol, the Cubans voted for major changes to their constitution on the Sunday we were in Santiago de Cuba.  Like their government, this building has been under restoration for years.  Only time will tell how successful they will be in embracing capitalism.

DSC04938.JPG

When I opened my laptop yesterday, my browser was still set to the page in which Candy's photos were. As I hadn't refreshed the page, I could still see them.  Out of curiosity, I wanted to see if I could save them to my hard drive, and was able to.

Having received Candy's permission, here they are.

I am taking "educated guesses" as to which is which, Candy can correct any errors

I see that I did miss one.

Bob

Bienvenidos!

IMG_4643.thumb.JPG.1397503dc3339c262de48c38e789e0a3.JPG

refinery

DSC07026.thumb.JPG.e963c844237b180be564aca4c9a0667d.JPG

dawn , Santiago

DSC07034.thumb.JPG.aa7a64f8d82a2f721b7f36cb9f44a872.JPG

church in Main Square

1894012759_DSC07118(2).thumb.JPG.b92c313b7de7962c4442a87a18083c88.JPG

hard lesson photo op

DSC07115.thumb.JPG.243bd4b1a38a6f8d7dc948af25c4cd0b.JPG

Willys

LND_D4CC2818-B326-4BF1-8208-5B695F266D3C.thumb.JPG.f3f37bca8d0d7436b117b3b9ca97be2b.JPG

revolution billboardDSC07155.thumb.JPG.6e98685a072826c6c8698d3d5b1f3883.JPG

buildings

DSC07159.thumb.JPG.da19a9a749f76d441047c5ac24172de2.JPG

former ballet school or cultural exchange?

DSC07145.thumb.JPG.9c693871d5bc45348e45b50ab46de40a.JPG

Thanks for the photos.:classic_smile:  Weirdest thing, when I checked this thread yesterday, I could not see any of these pictures either. Now they are showing up!

36 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

thanks Bob for posting them. still uncertain as to what i did wrong.  the orange building is the former ballet school.  thanks also we4, love your photos!

YES!!  YES!!  Super glad that Bob was able to capture the original pictures from Spins/Candy.  Very nice and interesting views from Cuba.  Also appreciate very much the visuals from We4lv2trvl.  Keep it coming!!   Great sharing.  Love to see more as to how Cuba is doing these days.  Plus, about the people there in that country that undergone many challenges during the past decades.  

Also, would like to know more, in-depth, on the impressions and details as to how the quality, performance, consistency, etc., is happening these days with Silversea as they "transition" under the new financial control from Royal Caribbean.  Any measurable changes?  All still mostly great and wonderful??  Tell us more as we prepare in July to be sailing on the Silver Muse from Vancouver to Alaska. 

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 234,099 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

38 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

ok i used the url address of the photo and it showed up on my computer, but not on the cc site.

You may have the images (or the album that they are in) set to private. That way you can see them but others can't. Or it may be an issue with direct link (some online sites don't allow it any longer).

Moncada Barracks c. 1938 art deco

July 26, 1955 100 revolutionaries led by Fidel stormed Batista's troops here

the bullet holes in the building were cemented over but later re-done so as to remind everyone of the glory of the revolution. this is now a school

gGPrdF99646uS1zwWH52J7Ii8VbchJ-Qx5vd3gy5dudUTn5jCsOX-nliaDFhpK-KR6qlWjczJiQHtoZrnpTHQsYnjMqlwTPdJjmIknTJS68qtVG6-AVZ_gFwConoRFwFnCpJotp8OBV3ahU1u1uJJAs5suxTm6JakFBtVXeq4A36G9uCV0dbAXlrqsDmsYyTWKE2Pespl8I6VnePY9A7SEWwhYpS3g8aEdyewQrjTbksJmYZq6ydc6az9hNzSygluIBBef9LBpNfEtDeUSQTikAc1JGrSk5E4sMFyB6_3H4r4ohFTgOWiS_rZJuQkI9SzLr_YsJaspSXcz0b_kDCKVxaDZXk7_K09iVJDuJ1aDtljHHGgQL1zYIAk0PCkhx-kgMgcRBJ_ruaINoT399aA5rsuHTTUA8Lqb8T0trkqoqHQ2q8k0oxDxZ_84szpI_AeMG0aVM4p9aGITkvQFPjlAUPZ152VGA9dlvOegX3ifOi6A5Gy_GsGYn2zh2B7r7wTSCwgLAKD67gPnS9QWhg5P4dlRaInlZ3loo_GfZxKdtx0eYSQT3Bg-Imet5SvWhH2MX0-qJZsRPe7fuq7B_qMRxO7k-IrAhSHbFuwsXniy0Z1TaKupM3tb0OSefdOhFvlzyuiW-vf_DHiEmNk3FTskNq5sOlU4UC=w1216-h890-no

• Like 1