Traveling with no children can we request adult only table for dinner?

ohiocruisemom

9 minutes ago, ohiocruisemom said:

We are going on the Wonder without children, but we like the idea of table mates for dinner, can we expect Disney to seat us with other adults traveling without children?

Thanks in advance!

Every time we've cruised Disney where Disney assigned us to shared tables we've only had adults.  DCL does a very good job of matching dining companions in my experience.  

Well, the one cruise where we had our 19 year old son with us, it was a little bit of a mismatch - we were seated with a mom and her 3 kids (10 year old daughter, 16 year old son, and 18 year old daughter with 1 year old child).  We booked that trip kinda late, and my thought was that the 16 year old son and our 19 year old son were the "matching" elements.

But all other cruises we've only been seated with adults.

You certainly can add the request to your reservation, however, if you wish.

Edited by Shmoo here

DH and I request a table for 2 and have never been denied the 9 times we cruised just the 2 of us. 

If you want to sit with other cruiser but only adults, you can always put in a special request on your reservation as well and they will do their best to accommodate you.  And on embarkation day go to the location where dining changes are made and they can double check to make sure your request was fulfilled.

Agreed. 

My wife and I have been on many Disney cruises without any friends or family and have always been seated with other couples cruising by themselves. Those other couples are always within our age bracket and mostly savvy cruisers as well. We've met and made good friends with some. We are actually cruising on the Dream in a couple of months with a couple we met in 2015 on the Magic. I think we are all looking forward to warm weather as we live in Alaska and they live in Wisconsin. 

All in all Disney does a wonderful job in matching up table mates. 

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't worry about it. Every time it's been the hubby and I we have been seated with other couples close to our own ages. I've cruised a few times with friends, and each time I've been seated with other non couple adults. Made some great friends along the way!  

Disney will do it for you!  The 3 Disney cruises that my wife and I took, we were automatically seated with other couples that did not have children and were close to our age.  Enjoy the Wonder she is awesome!