How long does it take MSC to do a status match?

Nashna

On 3/6/2019 at 1:36 PM, EngIceDave said:

It took me a week....Not sure what Gold gets me, but, whatever...

Welcome David,

To the MSC Voyagers Club.  You are now a Gold card member and your number is 2XXXXXX.  Enjoy all your exclusive benefits right away, on your first cruise (No, it ain't) with MSC Cruises; just don’t forget to communicate your Club number at the time of booking.

As a reminder, the Status Match is a one-time courtesy to allow our guests to join us at a higher level than they might otherwise be able to.  Once you’ve been matched, we’re not able to change your level by matching you again, but every cruise you take with us, as well as your on-board spending will add points to your account and increase or maintain your level.  Simply cruise with us once every 3 years, to retain your points.

Thank you for choosing MSC Cruises.  We look forward to welcoming you a board in the very near future.

Regards,

MSC Voyagers Clu

Mom and dad got the same. Took about 5 days. Fruit basket, welcome back party/drink, 1 hour pass to thermal suite, photo from welcome back party, 5% discount, birthday cake and gift... I think that was everything... I had to check the website and look.

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, rosie2018 said:

I got my mariner status info from HAL and submitted the info to MSC on line. Called them 15 min later and was assigned Voyager number. They gave a 5% discount.

The email did not say anything about the %5 discount.  Will have to inquire about that.

Since it was reported that MSC is running out of black cards!?! If I'm Elite on Princess, Platinum on NCL and Elite on Celebrity and I send all in do you think they would dole out a black card.???  Are you aware that they no longer offer the free 12 drink card ?

39 minutes ago, myjillian said:

Since it was reported that MSC is running out of black cards!?! If I'm Elite on Princess, Platinum on NCL and Elite on Celebrity and I send all in do you think they would dole out a black card.???  Are you aware that they no longer offer the free 12 drink card ?

Don’t know anything about the drink card.

We just applied for the status match last week with Princess Elite and had no issues getting a black card.

Edited by cheeseclan

3 hours ago, myjillian said:

NCL platinum will now get you MSC gold (it has been reduced since Oct 2018), now it takes Platinum Plus or Ambassador to match black.

No guarantees on these but.....

Princess Elite should still get Black.

Celebrity Elite should still get Black

Here is the old matching list, but some have changes especially NCL since they introduced the two new levels.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=384592

I know you said before you are not that great with computers but if you have anyone who can help I would do it sooner rather than later, when I did mine I just emailed them a screen print of my status.

I just got status matched to silver.  I matched to a hotel points membership with IHG.  I have a cruise booked through a TA with a deposit that we just made this week -- booked it then heard about the status match. Can i still get a 5% discount or is that just on a new booking?

Thanks.

On 3/31/2019 at 4:25 PM, capriccio said:

We are elite on Princess and applied for a status match on March 24 and received our matches on March 28.  I was concerned when I matched to black and my DH matched to gold even though we have the same number of cruises on Princess.   I sent emails on the 28th and on April 1st and my DH received a reply on April 3rd stating that "your points are 10000 which is our Black card status. Our agent just mistyped Gold."  We've already booked a week in January 2020 on the Meraviglia in a Yacht Club suite.

Edited by capriccio

8 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

NCL platinum will now get you MSC gold (it has been reduced since Oct 2018), now it takes Platinum Plus or Ambassador to match black.

No guarantees on these but.....

Princess Elite should still get Black.

Celebrity Elite should still get Black

Here is the old matching list, but some have changes especially NCL since they introduced the two new levels.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=384592 229.73 kB · 260 downloads

I know you said before you are not that great with computers but if you have anyone who can help I would do it sooner rather than later, when I did mine I just emailed them a screen print of my status.

Do you thinkIcould just take a camera photo of it and just text them ???  Sorry I'm so disfunctional. (sp)

On 2/19/2019 at 8:46 PM, Nashna said:

I believe that I have submitted the application from MSC's site for the status match.   How long does it normally take for them to acknowledge the submission or to respond to the match?

I'm in the UK and it was a couple of days for me.   I queried my match and got an upgrade to Gold.  TA applied the discount no problem.

20 hours ago, Cru-Zin said:

I just got status matched to silver.  I matched to a hotel points membership with IHG.  I have a cruise booked through a TA with a deposit that we just made this week -- booked it then heard about the status match. Can i still get a 5% discount or is that just on a new booking?

Thanks.

Yes my TA applied for the discount on a cruise I had already booked.  

1 hour ago, sandy999 said:

Yes my TA applied for the discount on a cruise I had already booked.  

Thanks for your reply.  I contacted my TA this morning and we got the discount and a $50 OBC. What did you mean about, "I queried my match and got an upgrade to Gold."  Was it matched to gold or did you have to ask to be upgraded?

It took about 5 days total for the status match.  I never got an acknowledgment of receipt of my application, I just got the approval email.

Edited by Cru-Zin

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, rosie2018 said:

My sister has platinum status with Princess Cruise. She wants to know how will MSC match this status and will she receive the same benefits from MSC as Princess? Something about free wi-fi.

No none of the levels of Voyagers Club give you free wifi due to the fact that quite often they do promotions where its included in the price before the changes to status match Platinum would give you gold Status don't know what it would be now

6 hours ago, ikea logistics said:

No none of the levels of Voyagers Club give you free wifi due to the fact that quite often they do promotions where its included in the price before the changes to status match Platinum would give you gold Status don't know what it would be now

Thank you

I just submitted my status match this week. I guess it depends on the region where you are, I submitted to the German MSC division. The status match took only 1 day! 😁

I came from Norwegian Latitudes Platinum and was assigned MSC Gold.

On 5/1/2019 at 4:45 PM, _Mr.G_ said:

I just submitted my status match this week. I guess it depends on the region where you are, I submitted to the German MSC division. The status match took only 1 day! 😁

I came from Norwegian Latitudes Platinum and was assigned MSC Gold.

I submitted mine on April 21 and got a response on April 23, so one business day (I'm in the US).  It might have been sped up by the fact that my husband did the match a week earlier, but we hadn't booked the cruise yet, so I think not.  Got a 2-for-1 cruise that had had a price drop in one week, so we got a 7-day cruise out of Venice in November for $459 each, and that included Fantastica level benefits.  I level-matched from NCL Platinum to Gold.  Now for a whole new experience...

--Michael

I'm a 5 Star Mariner with HAL and had my travel agent handle getting me registered for the Voyagers Club.  Within 24 hours, I had an e-mail from MSC informing me of my Black Card status.  24 hours later, I made my reservation for MSC Meraviglia using the 5% discount.  A nice welcome to MSC Cruises!

I sent my info to the Voyagers Club on a Saturday and got back my acceptance on Monday - one business day.  I just submitted a screen capture of my Sandals points page from their web site.  My Sandals Select Diamond level was matched to MSC Gold.