How long does it take MSC to do a status match?

Nashna

17 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I'm a 5 Star Mariner with HAL and had my travel agent handle getting me registered for the Voyagers Club.  Within 24 hours, I had an e-mail from MSC informing me of my Black Card status.  24 hours later, I made my reservation for MSC Meraviglia using the 5% discount.  A nice welcome to MSC Cruises!

Yes - it is a nice welcome to their program.  The $50 OBC has posted to our account.  I imagine that it had to go through channels and it took a couple of weeks. 

• 3 months later...

Took 10 business days to get an e-mail stating they needed additional information so I responded to that email. Another 7 business days have passed and still nothing so I submitted again through the MSC site.  We have final payment on our cruise this eek so would like to get the match done by then but it is not looking promising. Not a good first impression.

DH was given his match in 2 days. Same status, mine got no response. After a month, I submitted again. Same thing, a month later, nothing. So then I emailed them with the particulars and BINGO!, match in 48 hours. I think it's a great program. Living in Portugal now, Carnival's options for Europe are limited, so it gave us a "leg up" to try a new cruise line. We're looking forward to it.

• 3 weeks later...

I submitted my status match and it took 1 week and I only knew this because I called but while she was on the phone she took care of my roommates and I had only submitted hers the night before the call so we are now both matched. Called my travel agent and he was able to get me the 5% refunded to my card. I am really happy about this part of my experience so far with MSC as this is my first time cruising with them. Leaving on October 2 from Barcelona on Orchestra super happy and a little scared at the same time. I have never flown out of the country for a cruise and have only flown as far as Mexico so a lot of first going on here. But, back to the topic, thank you for the status match information on here.

After I gave up on NCL, I had 20+ years worth of status with HAL and Princess, so I decided to take a look at MSC, and see if my status with the other lines could benefit me with them.  So I gathered my status from those lines, sent it to my Agent who then forwarded it to MSC and sure enough, my first MSC cruise aboard the Seaside I gained Black Card status.  I have 25 cruising days coming up in February and March of 2020, 14 on the Seaside and 11 aboard the Divina, and both my wife's and my status remain Black, and we get the discount.  You gotta love MSC😊

• 2 weeks later...

Question for the group - just booked a cruise on the Armonia for March 2020.  I signed my husband up for the loyalty match as he has Spire status with IHG.  I do not have anything to match with.  Our travel agent told me that his status would apply to our cabin which would include me.  Does this ring true?  We are getting the Aurea experience so I will at least reap the benefits of that package.  Thank you in advance.

17 minutes ago, Fishwife2016 said:

Our travel agent told me that his status would apply to our cabin which would include me.  Does this ring true? ...

The biggest Voyagers Club benefit is the 5% discount and that will be applied to the cabin as a whole, no matter if you're a Voyagers member or not.  Some of the other benefits will only be for him, so if he's matched to Black then one chocolate ship, one gift, etc....  But for some benefitss like the specialty meal it will still be for two, and he will be able to bring you to the Black party and take you with him for priority boarding.  Of course I expect he will share the Prossecco and chocolate dipped strawberries.

Edited by Até
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Até said:

The biggest Voyagers Club benefit is the 5% discount and that will be applied to the cabin as a whole, no matter if you're a Voyagers member or not.  Some of the other benefits will only be for him, so if he's matched to Black then one chocolate ship, one gift, etc....  But for some benefitss like the specialty meal it will still be for two, and he will be able to bring you to the Black party and take you with him for priority boarding.  Of course I expect he will share the Prossecco and chocolate dipped strawberries.

Thank you for your reply.  He is retired military so we were able to receive the 10% discount.  And since we have the Aurea experience the priority boarding will already take place.  Unfortunately the Armonia does not have a specialty restaurant so we won't get any type of that benefit.  However, we will be happy with whatever extras we receive! I assume I will just need to sign myself up with their Voyagers Club.  

7 hours ago, Até said:

The biggest Voyagers Club benefit is the 5% discount

Absolutely!  I considered my January YC category cruise to have been originally reasonably priced.  Including the Voyagers Club 5% discount made the booking a "no brainer" for my purposes.

On 2/19/2019 at 8:06 PM, ziggyuk said:

Be aware, as you spread them around a bit, MSC require a cruise once every 3 years to maintain status, the points reset to zero if no cruise after 3 years and the status match is supposed to be a one time deal.

That is what happened to me.  My last cruise with MSC was more than 3 years ago and to book a new  cruise with them I had to ask for stud match in order to get a 5% off.  

That was not fair because my previous MSC status was higher than the one I got now.

We applied for status match a couple of months ago and got our match quite quickly (2 or 3 days, as I recall for myself and my husband). We then booked a cruise for Feb 2020.  In late August our adult daughter said she would like to go on the cruise too with her boyfriend. So, our daughter applied for a status match in late August and heard nothing. She called and was told to try again as there were some issues on MSCs end losing requests. That was over 2 weeks ago. She called again and got them to do it over the phone and send an email with her voyager number. It took about half an hour to get it done. She just booked a cruise and is all set. We linked our bookings and are ready for a February cruise to try out MSC!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We applied 4 days ago with screen shots o our status on another cruise line.

We did get a TY for applying sort of screen after submission

If we don't hear in about 2 weeks I will email them. Already have it drafted and with attachments in case there is no word

We have B2B booked for YC in early 2020. Spending $8k. So we aren't messing around. 

Do they have any way of looking up a name to see if they have a sailing booked? There is nothing in the application asking for when you are sailing etc. 

Following up on my question posted earlier:  I did contact MSC after waiting 2 weeks and they were able to locate my submission.  He was able to tell me that our IHG Spire status matched to their Gold status.  He said it would take a few days and I should get an email confirmation.  Once I get the confirmation number I am to call them to have them attach that to my account.  I have yet to receive the email confirmation and it has been 5 days.  Going to call on Monday to see what is going on.  I do have a reference number from our conversation so hopefully it should be help locating the information.

8 minutes ago, copper6606 said:

Where / how do I get a status match application?

On the USA website, it is at https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx.

I see you are in Canada so, assuming the sites are similar, go to MSCcruises Canada website, click on Voyagers Club, click on Status Match Program.

35 minutes ago, capriccio said:

On the USA website, it is at https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx.

I see you are in Canada so, assuming the sites are similar, go to MSCcruises Canada website, click on Voyagers Club, click on Status Match Program.

Thanks so much

Wish me luck! I am Platinum status on RCCL... as well as about 5 other lines[ we like to bounce around so haven't earned tons with 23 cruises that we have taken...

• 3 months later...

Hello all, thanks for all the info.

Interesting the different responses people received regarding their loyalty match, the different time frames.  I've been waiting a week, am hopeful it will just be another week but I may try calling tomorrow.  I hoped I would get black for Marriott Platinum but probably will get Gold from the posts I've seen, especially since Marriott added another level.  I haven't cruised as much as you all, hoping to change that, and it would be great to start with a leg up at Gold.

1 hour ago, Cruising_Gals said:

Hello all, thanks for all the info.

Interesting the different responses people received regarding their loyalty match, the different time frames.  I've been waiting a week, am hopeful it will just be another week but I may try calling tomorrow.  I hoped I would get black for Marriott Platinum but probably will get Gold from the posts I've seen, especially since Marriott added another level.  I haven't cruised as much as you all, hoping to change that, and it would be great to start with a leg up at Gold.

Nobody has reported experience in the table with Marriott Platinum, hope you do OK.

It would be great if you could add your results to the table in the thread called "MSC Current Status Match Tables", its a sticky at the top of the MSC forum and has a shared spreadsheet in the OP.

"

7 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Nobody has reported experience in the table with Marriott Platinum, hope you do OK.

It would be great if you could add your results to the table in the thread called "MSC Current Status Match Tables", its a sticky at the top of the MSC forum and has a shared spreadsheet in the OP.

"

Will look for it, will do.