Retreat Cabanas

Caribensun

Hello, we have an upcoming long cruise on Oosterdam.  We have reserved a “family #5 ” cabana, would anyone be able to  tell me if the curtains are in good repair and if at least 2 loungers inside.   I really like the retreat area on Eurodam.  

Thank you, Sandipalms

There will be two attendants, possibly 3 if a new one is training. They seem to rotate every few weeks, so it is unlikely that you will have the same two Ithaca gal had. Retreat attendant is a sought after job, and frequently seems to go to bar stewards (that is who staffs the Retreat) finishing contracts. At least from our conversations with them.

There are rarely any kids in the Retreat, and I would think any screaming kids would result in the parents being told to control or remove them.  The Retreat is a nice, quiet, comfortable area to relax.  The Lido Cabanas on the ships that have those may be a different story, as you WILL have kids in that area, along with people passing by your cabana all day long, potentially stifling heat & humidity, etc.

I'm pretty sure the rental for an 11 night cruise is $599 for a regular cabana (2 people) in the Retreat...more for the family size (4 people). 

Sue/WDW1972

14 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

There are rarely any kids in the Retreat, and I would think any screaming kids would result in the parents being told to control or remove them.  The Retreat is a nice, quiet, comfortable area to relax.  The Lido Cabanas on the ships that have those may be a different story, as you WILL have kids in that area, along with people passing by your cabana all day long, potentially stifling heat & humidity, etc.

I'm pretty sure the rental for an 11 night cruise is $599 for a regular cabana (2 people) in the Retreat...more for the family size (4 people). 

Sue/WDW1972

Thanks Sue.  I cannot afford a cabana for our entire 14 night cruise but would love one maybe on 1 or 2 days.  We do have some OBC and thought it might be a nice change for one sea day though I assume everyone would think this too so it may not even be available.  Will have to check it out on the first day we board.

2 hours ago, Betty in Cozumel said:

I think I would like to try a Cabana but would be afraid that it would have screaming kids running around all day.

We've almost never seen kids in the Retreat area. And when we did, they were never, ever screaming. It's an expensive proposition and far away from the pool. It doesn't have a lot of kid appeal. 

2 hours ago, Betty in Cozumel said:

Thanks Sue.  I cannot afford a cabana for our entire 14 night cruise but would love one maybe on 1 or 2 days.  We do have some OBC and thought it might be a nice change for one sea day though I assume everyone would think this too so it may not even be available.  Will have to check it out on the first day we board.

Call to find out if it's sold out. On all of our cruises, save one, the cabanas were booked for the full voyage. If you manage to have per day availability, beat a path to the concierge or the front desk. They're not something that you can pick up last minute. 

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:18 PM, CruiserBruce said:

A search will find the price list. Should be around $39 per day, plus or minus.

Unfortunately, it is plus a lot.  A single cabana runs $399 for a seven day cruise, while the family cabana is $549 for the same cruise.  For an eleven day cruise, the family cabana is $849.  I don't have the price for an eleven day cruise in the single cabana.  The single cabanas can be enjoyed by two persons, while the family cabana is for four persons.

7 hours ago, ithaca gal said:

Unfortunately, it is plus a lot.  A single cabana runs $399 for a seven day cruise, while the family cabana is $549 for the same cruise.  For an eleven day cruise, the family cabana is $849.  I don't have the price for an eleven day cruise in the single cabana.  The single cabanas can be enjoyed by two persons, while the family cabana is for four persons.

I was estimating, as the price varies by number of days you have the cabana booked. I just checked our booking e mails...we have a 2 person cabana booked on N. Amsterdam for 24 days, $895, or $37.29/day, in May/June 2020. I was discussing this with my wife...we seem to remember the daily rate for a two person now, overall, averages around $44 per day. 

So, no, not plus a real lot. My $39/day was for a 2 person cabana. We have not booked a family cabana.

Just so people don’t get confused, the above amounts being discussed are the averaged amounts over the course of the full package pricing.  The daily rates (i.e. not the full cruise) vary between port days and sea days.  I have attached a copy of the pricing sheet.  It says 2017 rates but the prices are current.

30982D74-4F3E-40F6-AADC-FA3F3B3CCE22.jpeg

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

I was estimating, as the price varies by number of days you have the cabana booked. I just checked our booking e mails...we have a 2 person cabana booked on N. Amsterdam for 24 days, $895, or $37.29/day, in May/June 2020. I was discussing this with my wife...we seem to remember the daily rate for a two person now, overall, averages around $44 per day. 

So, no, not plus a real lot. My $39/day was for a 2 person cabana. We have not booked a family cabana.

I was just going by the current price for a 7 day cruise in a 2 person cabana ... $399 ... breaks down to $57 a day. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious about the cabanas on the Zuiderdam. It looks like the railing opposite the opening is covered in plexiglass. I'm wondering if that would affect air circulation? One of the best things about sailing are the sea breezes. 

Also, at the risk of asking a silly question, are refreshments or appetizers included in the daily rental?

1 hour ago, daisy-mae said:

Just curious about the cabanas on the Zuiderdam. It looks like the railing opposite the opening is covered in plexiglass. I'm wondering if that would affect air circulation? One of the best things about sailing are the sea breezes. 

Also, at the risk of asking a silly question, are refreshments or appetizers included in the daily rental?

Yes, there is plexiglass...full on the side cabanas, none on the aft facing cabanas. Yes, it affects ventilation on the side facing cabanas. That is why we always get aft facing cabanas.

As commonly discussed here, every day champagne and chocolate covered strawberries are served, as well as waters and a fruit plate. The attendants will get you food from a menu, no extra charge.

• 3 weeks later...

Just off New Statendam for 2 weeks in March 2019.  All cabanas sold out on week 1.  They have a nice hot tub that was rarely used.  Yes, plexiglass on side cabanas and half on rear (if I recall).   But if windy, often at sea, still a breeze through the openings - sometimes too much so.  

Biggest complaint, they do not monitor who comes in too well.  1. Had some people come in and grab a towel and prop down on one of the chaise lounges (not inside a cabana).   2.  Some think they can invite their whole family/friends in and use the area.  We saw this happen a number of times.   I reported to supervisor.  They did kick out the people who just walked in, but did nothing to those who invited others into their cabana (and used hot tub, had refreshments, etc).   There is no entry lock or wristband control.  They do have a very small sign at both entrances.    With 3 attendants and many people, it is hard to control.   However, usually not too busy in morning or port days.  Service is quite good.   A few children at times, but none were wild or noisy.