Cozumel what to do?

BAMAMOMOF3

I have been to Cozumel many times and seen most of it. We booked with Tours Plaza last year and it was AMAZING! Did the Punta Sur excursion and was a disaster. This year maybe a resort that is low key with all inclusive? Bar Hop?  My husband thinks i am crazy and trying to go back into my wild days. But how does that work and who do i look at for something like that? Any other different things that a 59 yr old would love to do ? Mr Sanchos would have lots of kids i would think. DOnt want any water slides or things like that.

• Like 1

How about Passion Island?  Beautiful beach - think Corona beer commercials. (that is where some are filmed) 

Quiet and not crowded.  Ships sometimes do excursions there (twister, catamaran, etc.) but I think you can get there on your own also.  https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150809-d154082-Reviews-Isla_Pasion-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Do you have a group cruising, or just two of you?  If you have a group you might check out Carnival’s Private Oasis at Passion Island tour.  We did that with our family (group of nine) on our Horizon cruise in January.  It is a good value if you have a group.  You get the use of a beach house, lunch, open bar, and your own private section of beach on Passion Island.

EB8EB144-41AF-4BC4-A19F-1DF6DFA352D1.jpeg

0AE0BF48-8441-4EA8-944D-74360AE20D81.jpeg

88B7D295-5B71-468F-9ED2-CF850E045F6A.jpeg

63DC50FE-DFBE-47DB-B377-9DC61C8C2F6B.jpeg

AD7EE1A2-8425-42EE-8A37-C01CB6EE079C.jpeg

Edited by newdestination
  • Like 1

When we were at Mr. Sanchos I didn't notice a ton of kids...that was just me...that was just one day.  Just a short distance away is Nachi and they cap the number of people at around 130 I think and it's much more laid back and quiet.  It's all inclusive as well and here is the website https://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

I don't think you can go wrong with either of those options.

8 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

We haven't done Passion yet, how much was it? drinks included?

It was $69.99 pp and included a buffet with chips/ salsa / guac / chicken fajitas, seafood fajitas, pasta salad, Jicima salad, rice, refried beans, fresh fruit, soft tortillas and a couple other things I can't recall, plus open bar, with draft beer, and mixed drinks and soft drinks.

There were waiters on the beach bringing out drinks.  I was drinking beer and although the cups were rather small, I never finished one without a waiter handing me another.  The boat ride to/from was about 45 min, and it was very nice as well.

Cozumel is our favorite port.  We've tried different things but......... the last 5/6 times we have been there we take a taxi on over to Paradise Beach.  It's amazing, so much or so little to do there.  They have a huge pool with bar service, hammocks in the shade, volleyball, watersports & climbing toys.  We just love it there !!

1 minute ago, K&RCurt said:

It was $69.99 pp and included a buffet with chips/ salsa / guac / chicken fajitas, seafood fajitas, pasta salad, Jicima salad, rice, refried beans, fresh fruit, soft tortillas and a couple other things I can't recall, plus open bar, with draft beer, and mixed drinks and soft drinks.

There were waiters on the beach bringing out drinks.  I was drinking beer and although the cups were rather small, I never finished one without a waiter handing me another.  The boat ride to/from was about 45 min, and it was very nice as well.

Nice, thank you for the info! Thats very reasonable, looks nice. Coz has gotten to be one of our kinda ho-hum ports since we've been so often, so we'll put this on the list for next time. 

9 hours ago, BAMAMOMOF3 said:

Any other different things that a 59 yr old would love to do ? Mr Sanchos would have lots of kids i would think. DOnt want any water slides or things like that.

I would go to Mr. Sanchos TODAY. Right now if I could. Yeah hubby and I do not have kids and don't want to vacation with them. (Calm down out there - it's our prerogative). That said, I don't remember kids at Mr. Sanchos. I just remember it as one of the very best days I've ever had on vacation.

PS my hubby is 60 and I'm 50 and it was awesome! we both talk about it all the time. We looked back at pictures from it this past weekend.

We have done the ruins and usually just go to paradise beach. This trip we are going "Fishing with Pedro".  He takes you out on his boat (just the four of us).  You fish, you get to snorkel and go to El Cielo the star fish beach with few friendly sting rays.   And he makes fresh ceviche with what you catch.  

I looked into the underground secret river.  But we are doing ruins the day before in belize and that is already a ton of travel time for our kids.  Didn't want to add another long trip.   

We always book Nachi Cocom.  It is $55 for more food than you can eat and unlimited drinks.  You get a palapa with 2 layout chairs and a table.  The waiters come around and bring your food and drink to you.  It is very relaxing and quiet.  We tried Mr. Sancho's one time but it was way to crowded for me.  I don't like being packed in like sardines.

• Like 1

We really enjoyed the Secret River tour. We've done lots of tours and loved the Mayan ruins. Now we usually go to the Money Bar and if you like to snorkel you'll have the Dzul Ha Reef just off the beach. Lots of snorkeling tours come there. There is no minimum to buy or do, just buy some drinks and you can use the facility and chairs and umbrella for no cost. We always get some food, a bucket of beer and a couple of margaritas for my wife.  Hope you have a great time no matter what you choose.

We LOVE Cozumel and it is our favorite port because we’ve done some awesome shore excursions there.  I think our two favorites were running the Amazing Cozumel Race and sailing the Americas Cup Yacht.  Loved them both!

Michelle

Another vote for Passion Island. We went via Twister boat, it was a fabulous time! 

Beautiful beach, very clean bathrooms with attendant present. 

Included food & drinks. Lots of options for palapas, chairs, loungers, hammocks, sun rocker beds, covered beds etc...

Plenty of room to socialize or find a quiet spot for just you. They also play games, etc...if you want to join in. 

Trikes Cozumel would be our choice next visit or Harley Rental & Tour. 

My wife and I love Paradise Beach.  We have been there numerous times (twice last year) and going again in April.  You can take a taxi there for about $15.  The cost to get in is $3 and they request you spend at least $10 on food and drinks.  The fajitas are amazing and the beach is beautiful.

https://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com