Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
late2cruisin

New OV cabins added on Millennium

Recommended Posts

We've just booked a cruise on Millennium and our favorite OV cabin (3112) is taken, along with all the adjacent cabins. Our choice is 3132-3140 or the brand new cabins added on the port side. Can anyone tell me if those starboard cabins are still noisy (vibrations), were they also remodeled and did they keep the huge round windows?  And has anyone seen the new cabins (3117-3125, I think)? Do they have the big round window or the normal rectangular one? Are they the same size as the other OV cabins? And which of those would likely be quietest? I'm really hoping someone who's on board now can help....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3112 is not available because we have it  this July.  :classic_biggrin:  Don't choose 3140 because when you open your door everyone waiting or coming from the elevators can see right in.  I would go with one of the 7 newer ones on the port side.  That used to be a sitting area and they should have the huge round windows like the ones they put on the starboard side a few years ago.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Wine-O said:

 

3112 is not available because we have it  this July.  :classic_biggrin:  Don't choose 3140 because when you open your door everyone waiting or coming from the elevators can see right in.  I would go with one of the 7 newer ones on the port side.  That used to be a sitting area and they should have the huge round windows like the ones they put on the starboard side a few years ago.  

We are not on your July cruise, so you didn't take 3112 from us...but somebody did. We ended up going for one of the new port side cabins (3119). I'm hoping they put in the huge windows and didn't make the cabins any smaller (!) It looks like it's in a quiet area and near Tuscan Grill (convenient if they still have the Elite breakfast there).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jackaboo said:

Here's one!! I don't know the room number though

 

 

20190218_083115.jpg

THANK YOU for posting this!  The chair looks different from the ones in the other cabins (but it's still a chair, not a loveseat like it used to be.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2019 at 9:15 PM, late2cruisin said:

THANK YOU for posting this!  The chair looks different from the ones in the other cabins (but it's still a chair, not a loveseat like it used to be.) 

According to the new deck plans, all seven of the new port-side OVs sleep up to 3 and have convertible sofas (what I guess you are calling a loveseat.) In the picture, there is an open piece of luggage sitting on the sofa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

According to the new deck plans, all seven of the new port-side OVs sleep up to 3 and have convertible sofas (what I guess you are calling a loveseat.) In the picture, there is an open piece of luggage sitting on the sofa.

It doesn't look big enough to be a sofa or a loveseat. It could be a convertible chair, which would sleep one person. In any case, I'll see for myself in a couple of months and report back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2019 at 9:15 PM, late2cruisin said:

THANK YOU for posting this!  The chair looks different from the ones in the other cabins (but it's still a chair, not a loveseat like it used to be.) 

Realize that window is not one of the extra big windows like on the other side. I am always in the "newer" oceanviews on the other side. These are standard size OV windows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Atocha Shipwreck Gal said:

Realize that window is not one of the extra big windows like on the other side. I am always in the "newer" oceanviews on the other side. These are standard size OV windows.

With the latest changes to all cabins, I would think that the OVs would now all be standardized. Will be interesting to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

With the latest changes to all cabins, I would think that the OVs would now all be standardized. Will be interesting to see.

I understand that they are not changing out the windows in the OV so what was there still is. Also those new Cat 6 OV on that side of ship on 3 are slightly smaller according to deck pics. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Atocha Shipwreck Gal said:

Realize that window is not one of the extra big windows like on the other side. I am always in the "newer" oceanviews on the other side. These are standard size OV windows.

 

The 7 newer ones on the Port side are where that seating area was located.  They have the same size windows as the ones on the Starboard side.  Those large windows are all from Guest Relations down thru the now Tuscan Grill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wine-O said:

 

The 7 newer ones on the Port side are where that seating area was located.  They have the same size windows as the ones on the Starboard side.  Those large windows are all from Guest Relations down thru the now Tuscan Grill.

Are you saying that the new port side cabins will have the same huge windows as 3112-3144? Or the normal windows of the cabins on the forward side of Guest Relations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big windows, cabins about 40 sq ft smaller according to one source. It seems the hallway comes from the room area.

The cabins come at the cost of removing the wine cellar as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Arno. said:

Big windows, cabins about 40 sq ft smaller according to one source. It seems the hallway comes from the room area.

The cabins come at the cost of removing the wine cellar as well.

I hope you don't mean 40 sq ft smaller than other OV cabins! But if they really are smaller, I wonder if I should try to change cabins...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, late2cruisin said:

I hope you don't mean 40 sq ft smaller than other OV cabins! But if they really are smaller, I wonder if I should try to change cabins...

 

Yes they will be smaller... I had booked them for a 2020 cruise and surrendered the large window in exchange for more space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Arno. said:

 

Yes they will be smaller... I had booked them for a 2020 cruise and surrendered the large window in exchange for more space.

So you're saying that instead of the usual 170 sq. ft. these cabins will be 130 sq ft?? I've never had (or seen) a cabin that small, even an inside cabin on Azamara. If the bed is the same size and they have a chair, where would they take that space from? Smaller closet? Smaller bathroom? (How much smaller could it get?)  Now I AM worried... Has anyone actually seen these cabins?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just booked 3115 for a cruise in 2021.

Also, i was going to switch my current room ( 3118- on the opposite side) for one of these new Oceanview rooms as well  for our 2020 cruise but they are not available for booking yet. We are first timers with Celebrity, and thought these rooms might be bigger, and newer.  

Would really appreciate someone reporting back as to if they actually are the 170 square ft, as listed, or smaller as the previously posted.

Also this is for the Summit. Strange I can book these rooms for 2021 but they are not availed for booking for 2020. 

 

Edited by son3cruisers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a picture comparing the new to old deck plan:

Although deck plans may not be to scale, drawing a line down from 3111 would show that the new cabins are smaller but since I'm not onboard and the sales  team on board Reflection did not know that these might be smaller, we changed our plans from 3125.1780177057_Summitnewandold.thumb.png.3fab3f90dcf969ed50604d78a4d3da8e.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked about square footage for 3125 on Summit and was told 170 sf.  Now I am not relying on that info from Celebrity; would value a fellow CC member to advise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, dazey said:

I asked about square footage for 3125 on Summit and was told 170 sf.  Now I am not relying on that info from Celebrity; would value a fellow CC member to advise.

Unfortunately to avoid these kinds of questions...Celebrity will generically refer to all rooms as 170 sf in the same class. I assume the smallest version conform to this spec and larger versions have bonus room. If you look at other floor and other rooms you will see variances (larger decks as a trade off to smaller cabins, etc.).

 

In November we stayed in a balcony room that supposedly was the same size even though the aft room had a balcony about 3 times as large.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still not sure what to do, and our cruise is coming up soon (end of April). Arno, may I ask what the one source was that told you the cabins would be 40 sq ft smaller?  Also, on the new deck plan you posted, the new cabins didn't look any smaller to me than, say, 3111. My husband thought they did, so he got out a tape measure to check. According to his measurements, they were the same size. (But then, we all know how unreliable the deck plans are...) On the deck plans, 3112-3144 look larger than the older cabins, but having been in them I know that only 3112 is larger (because of the door being located at the end of the corridor)  I'm still hoping someone on the ship has seen these cabins and will report back here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 1:41 PM, Atocha Shipwreck Gal said:

Realize that window is not one of the extra big windows like on the other side. I am always in the "newer" oceanviews on the other side. These are standard size OV windows.

 

Sorry, but you're mistaken.  That is one of the large round windows just like on the other side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

 

Sorry, but you're mistaken.  That is one of the large round windows just like on the other side.

Yes, it looks that way to me too. I just looked up a photo I took a few years ago of 3112 and the window looks the same. (But that's the only thing that looks the same!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2019 at 5:17 AM, Arno. said:

Big windows, cabins about 40 sq ft smaller according to one source. It seems the hallway comes from the room area.

The cabins come at the cost of removing the wine cellar as well.

 

Who is the source? 170 square feet gives enough room for a path around the bed and a place to move the chair. That's about it. I'm skeptical they can go smaller than that--especially given that it has a sofa bed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...