Shoes for Clip n Zip Zipline

joy4ron

Has anyone done this Zipline excursion?

I know this may be a dumb question, but what kind of shoes have you worn for this? I hate overpacking, and I was hoping to avoid packing a pair of regular shoes for this trip.  I've posted elsewhere that I like to avoid wearing socks on vacation, and I usually wear sandals or flip flops the whole time (I have to wear heavy workboots at work, so I try to let my feet take a vacation also)

I've never ziplined before, so I have no idea what is really safe, also, my wife will be waiting at the bar or the beach at the end, and then we were planning on a beach day.  It seems a little much to have second pair of shoes...

I don't know the answer to this question but you may be able to find pics on the web to see what other people have been wearing. Better yet... maybe this will work. 

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&authuser=0&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=552&ei=XcFuXKHuFI690wL65L3IDg&q=zipline+pics&oq=&gs_l=img.18...0.0..6697...0.0..0.0.0.......1....6..gws-wiz-img.....0.&gs_ivs=1

Looks like flip flips would be a bad idea cause you would lose them in the air. My guess is a propr shoes of some sort would be avised for added stopping power on the platforms

Most ziplines require closed toe shoes. Running shoes work fine.  And you could probably get away with a cheap pair of water shoes.  These can lay flat in your luggage and work fine at the beach.

Here's what CnZ website says:

What to Wear

Wear comfortable clothing you don't mind getting a little dirty.

• Most of our clients take the Canopy Tour in shorts, T-shirt and running shoes.
  • Long pants are fine, but skirts or dresses are not recommended.
  • Shoes are required. Closed-toe shoes are recommended however strap-on sandals are acceptable.
  • During the rainy season lightweight rain gear is recommended.

Clip n Zip is mostly a down hill run but there is about 200 yds of up hill walking at the beginning and you do have 12-13 stations you land on.

Edited by crewsweeper