Cruise Personaliser glitches

jeanlyon

this is the 4th time this has happened.  I am ready to throw toys out of the pram!  We sail with our single friend.  She always has an inside twin for single use and we have a twin next door.

Today I logged in to see what excursions were available.  I couldn't get in, but I could log in as my husband.  when I got in, my details were actually my single friends!  Her address, her date of birth,, but my passport details.  Logged in as her and sure enough, I am in there with the same passport details.  It is the same for all 4 cruises we have booked.  Have been on to my TA who will sort it, but this is the 4thtime.  TA tells me this is an ongoing problem and happens with other people too.

I've had problems too Jean - not as complicated as your issues though.  I tried putting in passport details.  No joy as it wouldn't save after multiple attempts.  After trying for half an hour, on one occasion it did register my passport but it was my old passport details and not the ones I'd been entering.  It must have dragged that info from our last cruise info!   I rang up (went through Complaints option as it just kept telling me to go to my TA otherwise) and the lady entered it all for me.  But what a carry on.  Hope they get it sorted for you but it's very frustrating.  

It's ridiculous for a company of this size to have IT systems that don't work.  My TA tells me they are constantly frustrated by the glitches.  Good thing I don't book excursiions or anything through it, because my friend might be going with my husband!  Ha ha

Edited by jeanlyon

Me too. It somehow switched my date of birth with my daughters who was in her own cabin (four times in the space of a few months). Now don't get me wrong I would like to loose a few years but going back to 19 again - no thanks.

P&O swapped them back each time before the last person that I spoke to realised that somehow our peninsula numbers had been swapped. This was a couple of years ago and so far all has remained as it should be. Now that's tempting fate! 

Oh I spoke too soon!  Just tried and couldn't get in.  Went in as my husband.  My name is on there this time, but my friend's date of birth, her address and her email address.  Have left it with my TA, but having only just changed it all, I can't believe it.

Yesterday spoke with P&O who put all my details right on Cruise Personaliser.  Today I couldn't log in again, so logged in as my husband and guess what, it's all wrong AGAIN!  My friend's email address, her date of birth and her address.  I give up.

It really isn't fit for purpose is it?  And when it comes to check-in we assume correct information and particularly passport details should be accurate - for security purposes if nothing else. 

It really is abysmal that a company the size of P.O. haven't got their IT systems working properly - we all know there are glitches from time to time but they need ironing out.

When I rang up the operator didn't register any surprise - given the experiences of posters on here who represent only a fraction of their customer base, we must be the tip of the iceberg!   I' had problems last year registering my passport details too and had to go through P&O so it's not a new problem.  It probably costs more in time for P&O staff to keep fielding and trying to remedy the problem than paying an IT firm to get it sorted!!!