PH1 vs PH2 vs PH3

newtoit

Recently completed our first Oceania cruise, Venice to Barcelona (Nov 18) in a PH1. We LOVED it!! Could not fault it all. One of the best cruise experiences I've had. So much so that am now looking at a Sth American trip for the end of this year on Marina.

Can anyone confirm, apart from location on the ship what the differences are between the PH1, 2 & 3? There is a slight price difference but is it something as simple as your priority for restaurant booking etc? 

Thank you

The main difference is location of the ship.  PH1 is midships, PH2 is a little further forward and aft, PH3 is the extreme ends.  We haven't found much difference ourselves but if you NEED to be midships, then PH1 is the way to go.

Same amenities.

We haven't been in aft PHs on the "O" ships but we prefer the aft Oceania Suites.  That's because of the huge veranda which is larger than the Deck12 OCs.  BUT ... the interior space still suits us.  It's much more than what you have in a PH. The increased price does not always suit us, though!

We've only been on one PH on an "O" ship and it was fine.  For the record we were in 11018 on Marina in 2015.  The only thing I don't like about the PH on the "O" ships is the location of your dining area at the foot of the bed.  For us, the PH cabisn on the "R" ships are set up better -- although they don't have the walk-in closet which is certainly nice to have, and the bathrooms are larger on the "O" ships.

As far as I recall ... it's been a while.

Mura

Thanks Mura. I thought as much. Location on these is not really an issue for us. But what I save in the difference between the PH1 & PH3 will be our Prestige Beverage Package !!!😁 🥂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, newtoit said:

Thanks Mura. I thought as much. Location on these is not really an issue for us. But what I save in the difference between the PH1 & PH3 will be our Prestige Beverage Package !!!😁 🥂

I like your priorities! 🍸🍸

• Like 1

Watch out for the overhang on balconies just under the Terrace.  Makes it difficult to see and photograph anything above that jutting outward roof when entering/exiting a port.

Those PHs just under the Terrace can receive considerable noise very early in the morning from moving tables & chairs in order to vacuum before breakfast starts. 

I learned - we would not book there again and prefer PHs on deck 9.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wristband said:

Watch out for the overhang on balconies just under the Terrace.  Makes it difficult to see and photograph anything above that jutting outward roof when entering/exiting a port.

Those PHs just under the Terrace can receive considerable noise very early in the morning from moving tables & chairs in order to vacuum before breakfast starts. 

Wristband is referring to the Pool Deck overhang which effects Deck 10 Suites:

070851.jpg

Just now, wristband said:

The  Terrace is on deck 12  

There  are PH on deck 10  that do not have the overhang

I am referencing Deck 11 PHs underneath The Terrace.  Having stayed in one, I would not do so again.  Instead, I would (as we do) book a PH on Decks 10 or 9.

Both the overhang and noise early in the a.m. affect that specific area on 11.  I realize some prefer to have shade so if that is a priority, the overhang provides it on 11 verandas.

Greetings, Newtoit.  The main difference in Phs is location We've stayed in all levels and liked them. In fact, our first one on Marina, was a 3. We booked late on her maiden TA from Rome and that's what we got. It as so nice, we booked the same PH on Riviera the next year, and it had become a 2. Enjoy whatever PH you select. Anyway, with a Drinks Package, you are sure to enjoy it.

Mary

• Like 1

I'm not sure anyone explained fully about the four aft PHs on Deck 7,  but they were "sort of" mentioned.

If you look at the Deck 7 Deck Plans, there are four, but they are not identical.

All of them do have the nice extended balcony, as do several of the regular balcony cabins.

But the last two (7130 and 7135) also have a full wrap around balcony, so there is a wonderful aft view as well.

However, those two are a bit narrower than all of the other PH suites (of any category, 1, 2, or 3).  For some people the slightly smaller and slightly different interior space is well worth it for the larger balcony.  For others, "not so much".

Hopefully someone can post photos of those balcony types.

GC

We just booked 7133 (PH2) for a transatlantic in 2020 because the aft cabins on deck 7 (PH1) are already gone but I'll be checking for an unlikely cancellation.  These threads will give you an idea about 7135 and 7133.   There are some very good pictures.