50 Years of Cruising on Royal -- Share Your Memories!

LauraS

Oh Hilda, even I at 50,  do no longer all the things on offer - these days I only attend the cabin crawl- we have a lot of things going on our Roll Call- but I don´t want to be on schdedule on Transatlantik- can´t have any minute of the day planed.

What I hope for though is - TO HAPPYLY AND MERRYLY GO CRUISING when I am you age!

On 3/27/2019 at 11:10 PM, Tobyhilda said:

Just Remember,,having dinner with Captain 5 cruises,,You received. Signed Menue from Capt,,a free photo of Capt and entire table,,These we re outstanding experiences,,and never to be forgotten,,I will bring these photos to RCCL 50th Anniversary Bash,

I only hope that on one of our cruises we get invited to have dinner with the Captain.  So far 27 cruises and no invite....there will be many more opportunities (we hope at least) and we have our next 3 booked....so maybe, just maybe.

I do believe few reasons we were invited to have dinner with The Captain,is because of the outstanding programs,,I personally conducted, moderator of Meet and Mingle,,Over 150 signed up for M&M,,conducted Slot Pull,,,Over 100 participants,arranged Cabin Crawl,,also arranged Gift Exchange,,,because,of these activities,social hostess,,recommended us, Had dinner with Capt Bang 3 times(he liked me)sorry he retired,,,,,

33 minutes ago, Tobyhilda said:

I do believe few reasons we were invited to have dinner with The Captain,is because of the outstanding programs,,I personally conducted, moderator of Meet and Mingle,,Over 150 signed up for M&M,,conducted Slot Pull,,,Over 100 participants,arranged Cabin Crawl,,also arranged Gift Exchange,,,because,of these activities,social hostess,,recommended us, Had dinner with Capt Bang 3 times(he liked me)sorry he retired,,,,,

We met some people on one of our sailings who we met at dinner in the MDR and it had been their very first cruise and they were invited to dinner with the Captain.....so none of it makes much sense to me, as to who gets the 'lucky invite'.

51 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

We met some people on one of our sailings who we met at dinner in the MDR and it had been their very first cruise and they were invited to dinner with the Captain.....so none of it makes much sense to me, as to who gets the 'lucky invite'.

It helps to speak Norwegian 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry to say,,,this thread is really boring.I hope our cruise is a little active. I may have to jump ship ,,, for some excitement..where is Joey,Joey. The fact that he is Pinnacle,,,wow, over 700 nights,,I am sure he must have something interesting to discuss and stimulate some interest in this group..Join our party and make this cruise The Best Ever.  AKA The Godmother

Let’s go guys. Wow, RCCL 50 years of cruising,,,,,Yes, big celebrations planned,,Time to get off the sofa, and join The Party,, I will be first in line, just think, I was on RCCL first Ship,,Song of Norway,,We really had guts,no idea what to expect,,no cruise critic, to advise us,,,,and to think I have lived ,to celebrate on the largest ship.  Symphony of Seas,,My only regret,,is that my cruising and traveling partner, my husband,did not live to experience this celebration,,however,I will have a toast in his honor and memory,,  Keep sailing,,say Yes,,to the Party,,Do not miss this extravaganza,,AKA The Godmother

Wow Celebrating my 87 birthday on Symphony of Seas,!!!  Please God, let me live,,I do not want to miss the celebration,,,,RCCL 50 th Anniversary,,POINTE OF INFORMATION,,Iwill wear my tiera,,Keep cruising,,join The Party,,AKA The Godmother

It was late July, 2006, we were floating around in our pool one evening and my husband suggested that we go on a quick vacation before he had to start a heavy work load. I suggested a cruise. He told me to look into it the next day. The next morning (Thursday), I went on line, found a TA, and by noon we booked a cruise. Without any research, we booked on the Adventure of the Seas, leaving that Sunday morning, for the southern Caribbean.

Our first impression of the ship was "WOW!" With that cruise we developed a love of cruising and a loyalty to Royal. Since then, we been on a dozen cruises with RCI, and have obtained Diamond status in C&A. We love longer cruises, so we have done several B2B cruises and a transatlantic on the Harmony. Our next cruise is Alaska this June on the southbound Radiance.

Cruising is our ideal vacation, and we still have some "bucket list" cruises on our list that we need to fulfill. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruisin-Susan007 said:

It was late July, 2006, we were floating around in our pool one evening and my husband suggested that we go on a quick vacation before he had to start a heavy work load. I suggested a cruise. He told me to look into it the next day. The next morning (Thursday), I went on line, found a TA, and by noon we booked a cruise. Without any research, we booked on the Adventure of the Seas, leaving that Sunday morning, for the southern Caribbean.

Our first impression of the ship was "WOW!" With that cruise we developed a love of cruising and a loyalty to Royal. Since then, we been on a dozen cruises with RCI, and have obtained Diamond status in C&A. We love longer cruises, so we have done several B2B cruises and a transatlantic on the Harmony. Our next cruise is Alaska this June on the southbound Radiance.

Cruising is our ideal vacation, and we still have some "bucket list" cruises on our list that we need to fulfill. 

Your name sounds familiar,,I do believe we cruised together before,,Welcome  

We are one of those people who sailed for the first time on RCI on the Mariner of the Seas in 2006.  One of our table mates spoke fluent Greek, as did the captain.

At the suite social, he started speaking to the captain in Greek and one thing lead to another and our friend asked the captain if we could eat at the captains table................... and the next thing you know we had an invite to dine at the captains table.

Only one problem.

It was us and our original table mates, no captain, no officers.

Guess next time we should ask to have the captain or an officer present.

Safe travels.

Edited by Lionesss
  • Haha 1

On 4/3/2019 at 9:34 PM, Tobyhilda said:

Sorry to say,,,this thread is really boring.I hope our cruise is a little active. I may have to jump ship ,,, for some excitement..where is Joey,Joey. The fact that he is Pinnacle,,,wow, over 700 nights,,I am sure he must have something interesting to discuss and stimulate some interest in this group..Join our party and make this cruise The Best Ever.  AKA The Godmother

Sorry you find this boring. FWIW, this thread really isnt about the No 2 cruise on Symphony.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Sorry you find this boring. FWIW, this thread really isnt about the No 2 cruise on Symphony.

I do not understand your message  Nothing about No 2 on Symphony ,, Actually,my message had exclamation marks,,,Perhaps you read as Roman #2,,Looking forward to meeting you,,I do believe we cruised together before,, Keep sailing. 

1 hour ago, Tobyhilda said:

I do not understand your message  Nothing about No 2 on Symphony ,, Actually,my message had exclamation marks,,,Perhaps you read as Roman #2,,Looking forward to meeting you,,I do believe we cruised together before,, Keep sailing. 

Autocorrect, I was trying to reference the 50th birthday cruise on Symphony November 2nd.  I got the impression that was what you were referring to. 

I believe we sailed together on Harmony Sep 22, 2018.  Sorry we did not meet. 

Edited by John&LaLa

The year was 1992. I was working in NYC for a shipyard broker.  I was able to see photos of the building of what was then to be the Worlds largest cruise ship (the Majesty of the Seas) being built.

She sailed into NY amongst fanfare, and my then boyfriend and I went down to take a look at her.  Well, we were sold.  We booked a trip for a November sailing of her Inaugural year  Our first ever cruise!

On November 10, 1992, my husband proposed to me. It was formal night, a beautiful full moon as he got down on one knee on the stern. 

We sailed again on the Majesty in 2013 for our 20th Anniversary, and renewed our vows on the Anthem in 2017, with family and friends (12 of us in all)

We have been Diamond club for years now, and our children are also Diamond as well. We are taking them to Europe next year for a celebration of my son’s graduation from college.

Cruising has become a way of life, that I would not give up for anything!

thank you Royal Caribbean!

0BF0D8E4-E0C7-4427-99E9-91563EF13C34.jpeg

Edited by MCazer
  • Like 3

I'm fairly new to cruising, but my 1st (and most memorable) cruise was Oasis of the Seas, August 2017's Solar Eclipse cruise.  I got on the ship not knowing that Bonnie Tyler was going to perform.  It was beyond wonderful listening to my absolute favorite song live.

And follow it up with a once in a lifetime total eclipse.

IMAG0181.jpg

• Like 2

DW and I will celebrate our 50th anniversary on Adventure in March 2020.  We are bringing DD, DSIL and 3 DGC.  We have only been on one other RCI cruise, 2011. That one was with 2 siblings and spouses and we still talk about it.

• Like 1

50 th Anniversary,,truly a momentous occasion,,I am excited to share this with you,,in addition to celebrating RCCL 50 years,,My gift to you,,will be sharing my Tiera,,,of course, just one night,  ,lol,,,Good health to you,,and long life,May you cruise for many more years together,, Keep cruising. Fondly. Tobyhilda. AKA The Godmother

26 minutes ago, Tobyhilda said:

50 th Anniversary,,truly a momentous occasion,,I am excited to share this with you,,in addition to celebrating RCCL 50 years,,My gift to you,,will be sharing my Tiera,,,of course, just one night,  ,lol,,,Good health to you,,and long life,May you cruise for many more years together,, Keep cruising. Fondly. Tobyhilda. AKA The Godmother

😊

Best memory I’ve had in all of my cruises is, I met my husband in the Majesty of the Seas in April, 2005. 

We married in March of 2007, on the beach in Long Bay Jamaica. 

( lol, yes he was a crewmember)

14 years later and we are still going strong.

B39F9207-40B6-4DE8-9406-443214BCFADC.jpeg

5A22CF7C-5356-43B1-B08B-EACE32CCFD66.jpeg

• Like 4