Looking for Private guide for day trip

texswamper

We have visited St Lucia several times but we have always gone to Anse Chastanet to snorkel & spend the day.  We have done that by taxi and by boat.  However, I'd like to find a good guide to take 3 women on a land portion first, seeing Tet Paul park and possibly something other than beach because we are taking someone who has never been to St Lucia.  I'd like to  spend some time at Anse Chastanet beach for a bit of snorkeling after lunch and then be transferred back to the cruise pier by boat following our time on the beach.  Does anyone have any suggestions for who to contact?  TIA 

1 hour ago, texswamper said:

We have visited St Lucia several times but we have always gone to Anse Chastanet to snorkel & spend the day.  We have done that by taxi and by boat.  However, I'd like to find a good guide to take 3 women on a land portion first, seeing Tet Paul park and possibly something other than beach because we are taking someone who has never been to St Lucia.  I'd like to  spend some time at Anse Chastanet beach for a bit of snorkeling after lunch and then be transferred back to the cruise pier by boat following our time on the beach.  Does anyone have any suggestions for who to contact?  TIA 

Check with Serenity TVL, Barefoot Holidays, Real St Lucia Experience, Solar Tours, etc.  Any of them should be able to arrange what you're looking for.  It's gonna be somewhat expensive, with such a small group, but doable. 

Ok, so I contacted Spencer Ambrose, Island Man Tours with Kurt and Real St Lucia tours.  Island Man/Kurt offered a land tour first and checked on a water transfer back to the ship at the end.  The cost of the boat transfer is $200 which seems high but at this point, I don't have anything else to compare it to.  However, I'm skeptical of Ambrose tours because he states that the entrance feel to Tet Paul is $20 while the others say that the entrance fee is $10.  Is he doubling the cost for himself?  Having a difficult time deciding who to go with at this point.  

He's charging you the convenience fee for doing everything for you versus you doing it yourself. Tour operators have to make money somewhere also...  and yes, Tet Paul is $10 per person , when you go on your own.  

I'd still highly suggest you check with the ones I listed above as they're larger tour companies and have access to more resources than the one man shows like Spencer or Island Man, etc. 

It's going to be expensive doing land tour then boat back, especially as a small group versus part of a larger tour - your group will be shouldering all the costs versus spread among more people. 

You could check with Shashamane water taxi company also, but it would be by sea both ways.  

Good luck 

Yes, I certainly understand that everyone is in business to make money and I have no problem with that.  :-)  Spencer's tour was a private land portion but then joining one of his groups to be taken back to the port.  I will certainly check out the others that you have recommended.  Again, thanks for your insight!